17 coaches online • Server time: 05:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
captain_anarchy

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i have been serching throught the forums all day and i have come to the conclussion that irc sucks. it doesnt seem to work for alot of poeple. so i suggest doing it throught forum,msn,icq,whatever i just want to play the game and from all the posts about how there irc doesnt work so does everyone else. if anyone is interested in a game contact me or make your own post. im sure someone will contact you with a game.
G_u_s

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

or you could read the fumbbl starting page, and get info on how to connect to the new server. we're currently 117 on the server, which means if that much people could do it, you can too.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Your conclusion is flawed. IRC doesn't suck; AustNet does.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i cant connect to any server because i dont know how to close the port thats open if u have any idea how to do this your help would be welcomed
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

captain_anarchy wrote:
...so i suggest doing it throught forum,msn,icq,whatever...

There's nothing in the rules that says anything about having to arrange matches through IRC. It's just the easiest and most convenient way we have.

If you got a couple of people together and made a quick web page where coaches would post their AIM handles, that might be a good idea. Look for people you like without the channel spam and what not.

Note that this is a less than ideal solution for Ranked play... you're supposed to play out in the pool in R. But for some fun divU action, this would work great.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

quota wrote:
Your conclusion is flawed. IRC doesn't suck; AustNet does.

Amen.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

captain_anarchy wrote:
i cant connect to any server because i dont know how to close the port thats open if u have any idea how to do this your help would be welcomed

Do you have a firewall that that blocks outgoing connections? What kind of firewall (company name) are you using?
captain_anarchy

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

currently none. i have however already starting talking with someone about creating a alternative to irc. possably just something simple, like a list of players and there icq,msn,ect. i think this would be better than irc but if u know how to fix my irc i could use it in the meantime
 Jump to: