50 coaches online • Server time: 23:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen NoS not negate those negatives (and my opponent was somewhat miffed by that since it made him miss the catch).

Anyway, a Hand-Off is labeled as a catch in the LRB (although not in the Hand-Off description, but rather underneath the AG table about Hand-Offs) while it is nowhere implied that an Intercept qualifies as a Catch. FA applies to Catches - thus hand-offs and catches from passes. Looks like something the BBRC will have to clarify on.

Neverthless it is quite clear by the current rules that FA will apply negatives to a NoS player.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Galak got back to us on the rules verification.

In case you don't want to look at the thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by Quod

The following posted in Vault 1.4 change requests, and linked to this post for LRB3 rules clarification and skill text enhancement.

1. "Pouring Rain" affects Intercept Ball.
2. "Foul Appearance" affects
a) Pass Ball
b) Intercept Ball
c) Catch Ball
d) Throw Team Mate
e) Pass Bomb
f) Intercept Bomb
g) Catch Bomb
3. "Nerves of Steel" does not counteract FA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay how it is supposed to work:

1) Pouring rain is supposed to effect Interceptions
2) Foul Appearance is supposed to effect all A through G
3) Nerves of Steel is not supposed to counteract FA

When I retyped the LRB 3.0 I really tried to add in the interception rules in all the right places. However, you've found some I missed. I'm sorry. If I had caught these, it would be there ... its really is how its all supposed to work.

Bottom line ... Interceptions are supposed to be Catch rolls in essense. Only Very Long Legs and Extra Arms are supposed to be one or the other in the game design.

Galak

Big thanks to Galak for posting confirmation.
Is there anyone/where we need to notify of this to be put on the list of things that need to be checked/changed in the jbb client when the mighty programmers have time? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just remember the full wording of Foul Apparence:

"The player is so horrible that any opposing player within 3 squares of him must substract -1 from the D6 when they pass or catch the ball. In addition, any opposing player that wants to block must first roll a D6 and score 2 or more. If the opposing player roll a 1, he is too revolted to make a block and it is wasted (though the opposing team doesn't suffer a turn over)."

Notice that they precise opposing player. So When you attempt an interception, the player is not opposing since he is in the same team as the foul apparence one.

Same thing for Nerve of steel:
"the player may ignore -1 modifier for ennemy tackle zone when he pass, catch or intercept the ball."

Foul Apparence doesn't bring a tackle zone, only a -1 modifier (and if the FA player is at contact, then only the FA modifier is applied). Yes Foul Apparence is good, yes it beats NoS, -> Yes it's a mutation.

I hope this help.
Sorry for my poor english.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm confused...are Foul appearance players only allowed on the non-opposing team?