35 coaches online • Server time: 10:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notwalnc

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

This seems like a more complicated choice than most players.

I know in general, the +MA is the way to go. But if I were to roll a regular double, I probably wouldn't pick Very Long Legs. And very long legs is a better skill than +MA correct?

So if I wouldn't choose VLL over claw, and VLL is better than +MA, should I just take claw and leave it at that?

Probably a simple choice, but since I started playing here a bit ago, the idea of taking the +MA/AG/ST has been ingrained in my head, and going against it seems sacriligeous.

I'd like to hear where others stand on this issue. As I've never seen a lineman skaven with VLL, but I think I've come accross one or two with +MA.
Wossel

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

those with +ma prolly rolled 6+4
Golgomoth

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

the one's you've seen with +ma prolly rolled 6,4/4,6

generally i'd agree with your line of thinking

lol, beat me to it wossel
MixX

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

VLL is better than +MA, it gives a +1 to interceptions, and that's the only difference apart from that (well in the extreme, you can lose the +MA due to ageing/injuries while you can't lose the VLL one, which again makes VLL better)...

Though I'd consider Guard too, it's a very useful skill on linemen, don't mutate just because you can..
Zweiblumen

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Go another way and take something worthwhile like Guard or Foul Appearance

Recordopedia Spluttanica
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

looking at your skaven team, you got a decent amount of claw, and two GS with VVL already, additionally this lineman doesn't have block yet.

I would consider Dodge. having 8M is useless if you're tied down...or splattered on the ground. Zweilblumen also has good suggestions.