42 coaches online • Server time: 00:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How good does causing a niggle or death of the opposing player make u feel
I feel guilty, ashamed even
19%
 19%  [ 17 ]
I feel nothing, I am a stoic, I am indifferent
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
It felt good, at least from a stratigical point of view
30%
 30%  [ 26 ]
It gave me great pleasure, I did revel in my oppositions pain!
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
I absolutely loved it, I must cause casualties to enjoy this game
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
I'm completely twisted, forget the ball, my aim is to kill people's players
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Strangely enough it made me horny, I am a sick bastard
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
It makes me feel powerful
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 86

blitzwing

Post 18 Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I fouled a player the other day and I heard that beautiful noise which signals you have caused a niggle. A noise which is incidently subtlely different to the noise of a badly hurt. Anyway it made me feel really good in a dark kind of way. That made me wonder how do such occurences make other players (those causing the casualties) feel?

so here is a poll to see how pschologically sick all here at fumbbl are. Which of the options decribes the PREDOMINATE feeling. Please answer honestly. Thankyou.

Please feel free to even express your thoughts in writing. Especially if the poll cannot disect your feelings; that would be good. Is causing injury like a drug fix? Are we all hooked - is that why we really play bloodbowl? Your thoughts please Smile

Last edited by blitzwing on %b %31, %2004 - %15:%Jul; edited 4 times in total
monboesen

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I no longer feel guilty or much care about the opponents players, but nor do i feel any pleasure when hurting them. Its not really different from a BH as long as it is not tournament games.

Luckily its usually easy to spot players like you who actually get some kind of kick from causing injuries and avoid them.
SteelJoker

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm missing the option [I 'm glad about the 2SPP but i still worry about it] or something. Sure: A cas is good. You get SPP, the other team is weakened, what makes it easier to win... But a badly hurt is what i like most. That does not take the fun out of the game for my opponent. It's ok to injure or even kill Players but that's not the aim.

- maybe it's because i mostly play against coaches i know personaly... additionally i must admit that's a different story if i play against people i dislike... Wink

Last edited by SteelJoker on %b %27, %2004 - %11:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I am indifferent. Usually the best games are, where all cas are BH.
This only changes, if my orcs are fighting to protect another team of mine. Then I usually wish, that those RSC/claw/PO-sickos will die all.
LordBhorak

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I love to see my opposing coach crumble.... Yes... I do laugh at other peoples misfortune (not in large scale, but like someone tripping to a pile of mud). Smile

Edit: Oh... and the best part is to play against a friend of mine and kill his best player and then tease about that for the next week or so... Then I'll buy a beer for him Smile
quota

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm happy making cas, it gives me an advantage in the game. Preferably I'd BH players, that means my opponent probably won't use his apothecary, giving me player advantage. I don't block, foul or crowd push to hurt players, I do it to gain an advantage in the game in order to win. If the casualty turns out to be a niggle or death or whatever, that's just part of the game. Sure it sucks to lose a good player, but there'll be others.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You forgot "I feel my opponent's pain - unless he is a right royal arse."

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, it really depends on who you're playing with, a nice newbie or an evil foul/staller.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, it all depends on my team, the opposing team, the opposing coach, my mood etc.
Usually I enjoy the strategic advantage, but when playing my gobbos I enjoy hurting people too :p
Morgion

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

i like to hear the noise of the hurt.
but BH is all i aim for, as id hope thats all i get. BH = SPP and everyone keeps their players Smile and still have a full roster next match...

SPP's r WIN

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I absolutely love causing lasting injuries. On numerous occasions i've had to retire teams from suffering them. So why shouldn't I get a grand sense of satisfaction as my opponents greatest player bites the dust?
What goes around comes around.
Renno

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends.. I love to destroy the team of a known fouler and ironically they whine about it. Wink

Yet they havn't a problem with hurting you. Razz

Other then that I want a good game and badly hurt is great.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

really, when i DP foul someone and his big star gets niggled & apothed and he starts calling me names, there are few things more rewarding in BB than fouling that same guy again (fouling strategically is reserved for those gents with, say, a less genital vocabulary), the ref doesn't notice it and he's DEAD DEAD DEAD. the chat usually gets a little silent afterwards tho Sad
 Jump to: