30 coaches online • Server time: 02:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cthol

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

"The player has a nasty tendency to get a bit carried away during a match. Wild Animals must take their actions first of all during a turn (they must be activated). If you take an action with another player before moving all Wild Animals, then your opponent can call you for illegal procedure exactly as if you had forgotten to move the Turn marker. In addition, if a standing Wild Animal is adjacent to a standing player from the opposing team then they must take either a Block or Blitz action, and throw a block at an adjacent player. Last but not least, Wild Animals can never receive assists when they Block or Foul; they are simply too out of control for other players to help them out."

That's what it says in the FAQ. Is this right? I thought we were using a different version, the sort of modified bonehead thing. Am I right? Haven't played in a while, so I may be out of touch...
bud

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not that one, WA is treated like a normal player in the sense that they no longer HAVE to go first and can lend and receive assists like normal now. The only thing is blocking and blitzing can only be achieved on a 2+, moving (including standing up, rolling over is free) and fouling is achieved on a 4+, if you fail this roll he stands their and can't do anything but keeps his tacklezones unlike boneheads.

All in all, they're a lot better now.

Bud
SteelJoker

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Cool! Never seen that Skill List in the FAQ.
The actual List is under reference sheets (the topic under FAQ).

Is it possible to set the Clients option to use the FAQ rules? That's what i'm looking for since i found out that the 'bugs' my friends and me discovered actually where rules.

I tried to switch some options, but i could not find any difference.

PS: BTW - WA is BETTER now???? geez, i always wonder how opinions can differ...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You can set the options menu to use the old Wild Animal for your own use with your friends but you can't use it for FUMBBL. The FUMBBL login option forces you to use the correct rules for the league.

The skills list in the reference sheets is out of date because the User Guide is intended as a replacement. Yes, you can whine about how it should be updated if you want but try to remember how many other people are whining to Christer and take that into account as well.

ps: the new WA is 'better' because the old one lead to people playing specifically against the Wild Animal to cause a near-instant turnover. A lot of people whined about it and we got the new WA. As far as which is really better, it's all personal preference.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Jep. Personal preference is what makes everything difficult...

I tried to play a little with the options. But my Wild animals always just stood around roaring like idiots. Sad That's why i asked. But maybe i'm just an idiot who misses something. Who knows? Look at my Avatar... Wink (my selfmade Kicker Gobbo, don't like the large grey feet)
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Originally the old WA was alot of fun, until (as BadMrMoho pointed out) people got smart and would stack against the WA.
SteelJoker

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm. I'm used to play with WA rules that have them to block a randomly determined player, even Teammates. And they had to foul if a prone player was the nearest target. I had a Chaosteam with 2 Minos. It was fun anyway. (Imagine 2 players that have to block random targets before you move anything else...) And because they were frenzied and WAs they had to move their complete MA plus Go for It if nessessary!! Boy, i rember them beating some of my Beastmen to pudding sometimes... And because the average Mino has no Block Skills (Big Guys had to get double SPP to advance) it was standard to go down while blocking. I remember a lot of turns where noone moved, because my first Mino went down due to a Block Symbol. Or the Guy went for a Beastman and threw too much POWs...
But: It was fun! And you come and tell me that the new WA rules are better? The old (4th ed.) rules above are the best i've ever seen. Not too risky but fun to play with. You could do something with your Wild Animals while they still were a bunch of untamed beasts. Today they can't even move.

While playing my last game, my Mino did 5 turns nothing but roaring senseless. (while having the stupid ball, wich he got from the dwarf he knocked from the field. 2 squares next to the dwarfes TDzone and next to one of my players) This is not wild it's just stupid. If it were possible to block my other player, i'd done that. Just in hope the mino'd block him through the TD zone or rolls a block and let the ball go...

Last edited by SteelJoker on %b %28, %2004 - %00:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
MixX

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the old one better, but then I never played *with* it, only against...
Lorka

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Why didnt you just Blitz into the EZ thats a 2+ roll?
SteelJoker

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah. a 2+ roll is exacly that: a 2+, you need a 2 or better... (the first 2 turns i tried to have the other player make the TD, but a roaring Minotaur can't even fumble.)

And the problem was not that i could not score. It was just stupid. Not moving... Maybe charging into the crowd and getting beaten up. (taking fans worth a FF with him on a 6 or so) Or trying to kill the ref and being banned from the game. But standing around howling to the moon(ball in above case)??
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe he was chewing on the ball, a dog can spend hours just chewing on a ball i'm sure a mino/rogre has about the same level of intelligence. But yeah new wild animal is lame as hell. Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewing on the ball!!! Now i know what he did! That'd be possible! Ok. Now i completely understand why the WA rule is like it is! Ball chewing, Jumping up and down due to excitement, barking because it just seems fitting, circling around to lay down a while... That's just what animals do! Enlightment! Idea Idea

Stupid rule... Neutral

Chewing on a ball is cool... Wink Maybe i should buy him a toy?!?
Znail

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Get him a goblin to squeeze, they make funny noises Twisted Evil
MixX

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2004 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

bleh the current Vault proposal is this: they get Bonehead (well, close enough).. how's THAT for boring...
blitzwing

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2004 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah WA now sure isnt creative
 Jump to: