24 coaches online • Server time: 01:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tenjou_Utena

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I'm just learning how to play, basically, and I wonder what I should do with this team:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=77696

I'm going to drop the GR with the 'n'. Should I retire and start over? Go for a rat ogre? Buy a GR and another Thrower?
Kommando

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

drop the GR, buy a RR and a linerat. should be allright, IMO
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Why start over?

Retire the niggler indeed, buy a Rat-Ogre and a lino (spare fodder for the LOS) and play on!
Znail

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

A fresh GR and Thrower aint a bad idea either.
You can manage fine without a rat ogre.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You can live very well with the one thrower.
I´d like to recommend a RO, but I think that you should have 3 rerolls. So, buy a RR and a lino, and then go for a RO.

Last edited by Arcon on %b %25, %2004 - %10:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Reroll and linerat.
Then Rat Ogre.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

what do i know !

but i'd be tempted to get 3 linerats. Safety in numbers and they will start to get some cool skills that will really help later in life

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2004 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh, skills like - ag, niggling injury and the like, eh? Razz
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2004 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh, ooh, and my personal favorite, the -av! Always happens on the really cool players, the ones with doubles on skill rolls or +STR type of help...

But I agree, rr/lino, save for gutter #4 and then RO. Then, despite temptation, avoid using the gutters to score td's as much as possible. Instead, give those scores to the linerats and the vermin. Gutters can just about score at will, and if nothing else make for respectable backup throwers, so they'll get their spp's, don't worry. Just get them blodge (and maybe sidestep) then let them sit aside and play support rolls to get your other players their first two or three skills. Once everybody else on the team (excepting the RO, who's a different animal altogether) has two or three skills, then let go the reins on the gutters and watch them start to rake in the scores big-time, assisted greatly by the skilled rats making up the rest of hte team. You'll probably lose more games this way up front then you would if you let the gutters score 4 or 5 per game, but when your TR starts to get up there you'll be much more grateful for a one-skill gutter with 3-skill linerats then 1- or 0-skill linerats and 5- or 6-skill gutters, b/c at that point if your gutter goes down you're hosed. This is when you'll have your time to shine and make up for all the wins you missed out on earlier in the team's career.

Jump to: