89 coaches online • Server time: 21:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

they have a chance of loseing players by fouling for the whole match as aposed to being stunned, or ko'ed so really you cant say its bout skill, this is a game of luck the skill comes from minimliasing modifiers and rolls you have to make to score, less players meens less rolls Smile
meanandgreen

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

SpIkEdDeAmOn wrote:
Yeh one turners are even more of a cheap shot than fouling in turn 16 if i see any one turners down i will foul them as they take the fun out of the match and deserve to die horribly!!!

lol, oneturners just suck so dont worry about em Very Happy

on topic again, there are situations fouling on turn 16 IS tactical, most of the time it's just bad sportmanship, although its more humoristic than bad sportmanship if the opponent is whiner/bad sportman himself.
I never foul unless the situation really screams for it, this isn't good sportmanship I just always forget it Embarassed , but I never mind being fouled myself, even if that one star player wardancer dies from it Wink
razta

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

WEll me as a heavy fouler think that its kinda lame to foul turn 16 _IF_ you havent fouled the rest of the game. i mean. if you foul turn 1-15 sure its ok to keep fouling towards turn 16 but not throwing one single boot just to backstabb someone (when you dont need that extra cas) is just lame imo.
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like to foul or be fouled, but I like to 'play to my opponent.' With that in mind, I always get a Dirty Player on my teams, if for no other reason than to match firepower. Its also a nice deterrent for those coaches who are fence sitters on fouling and would do so if I didn't have the DP to return the favor in kind. Peace through superior firepower. It keeps us all honest. Reagan would be proud=)
Kommando

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

not sure, but if you had a DP i would foul you immediately... after all the first foul is "free" and DP-people like you and me deserve it anyway Razz
chunky04

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

PhilMan wrote:
Ranked games started the demise of FUMBBL into people who only play games they think they can win, cherrypicking is a direct result of Ranked division, where the sole aim is to win games and points for your team. Unranked division is so much more fun

I've actually found less cherrypicking since the change from open - mind you, I play a lot more tourney games than ranked these days - but I tend to find even my Dwarfs can get a game now - something which hardly ever happened in open.
 Jump to: