52 coaches online • Server time: 23:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Squaq

Post 8 Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I know that the subject has been up before - but i am really annoyed when i find out that my opponents delay is because he plays another game at the same time.

Not that i would have it forbidden to play multible games - but at least inform your opponent that you are playing multible games. I wouldnt play you - but there might be some who wouldnt care!

Just had to get it off my chest!
Seppuku

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like the ettiquette of fumbbl to include warnings of other games in progress should you wish to start a game. This goes the other way too, as in you should ask your current opponent if he/she minds you starting another match whilst still playing you...

It's just bloody rude not to imo....burn the 2-gaming witches!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Great surgestions - I would great a warning-your-opponent-is-in-an-other-game feature welcome.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Specc the other game so you can try and confuse them as to which game they're playing.

Fun to taunt them as they're losing both too Laughing

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the technology exists to prohibit this (fumbbl login) I'd say just make it impossible to be playing two at once.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

But how will I do my gary kasparov playing 5 games simultaneously?
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
But how will I do my gary kasparov playing 5 games simultaneously?

My point exactly!

But no, to be serious, I find it disturbing enough to play two games at once. It's just not enough time and thinking for to play either one properly. And it is quite unpolite to let the your opponent wait.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Besides, you can't just assume "ok, my opponent's turn, I have time for the other game" as you never know when the first action in your opponent's turn is a double-skull turnover, or if you need to decide where your sidestepper goes, or whether to use your apo on a cas, or whom to intercept a pass, or...

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If I was to do two games, I think having 2 monitors could go a long way to avoid that problem, AFk.

(not that I play two at once..I have trouble enough doing well in one game at a time)

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

And a mouse for each monitor too!

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

To simultaniously play 2 games makes me dizzy...not sure what to do where...but sometimes I must do it to make sure I keep my part of a league schedule. Although I always tell my opponents about this and if it ain't ok (which never has happened)...then I'll deal with it then and there. And I have NEVER played several RANKED games simultaneously.

I don't say...GO AHEAD! PLAY MULTIPLE GAMES ALL THE TIME! But to restrict it and make it forbidden is not an option in my eyes...maybe if it is possible to restrict the possibility to play OTHER than UNRANKED games simultaneously...go ahead and do so...because I think that to play several NON-unranked games at the same time is rude.

My 2 cents

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

btw. dudes. the two monitor thing?

if you have access to a double monitor bloomberg terminal. ( you only need one mouse, for those who know how bloomberg terminals work ) you can specc (or play) 2 games at the same time.

I know for sure, coz as I was researching bloomberg data for NASDAQ companies... i erm... logged on the fumbbl to spec... and guess what! i could spec both games!!

now... of course... the bloomberg terminals cost... erm... a bit!!
Fudge

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the suggestion of making it fumbbl policy to have to tell your opponent you are playing another game. Then it´s up to each coach to take teh game or not.
 Jump to: