61 coaches online • Server time: 23:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jensen

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

A simple question (that could probably be solved by reading that faq´s once more): How come you don´t see teams with wizards? It must be that they are not implemented. Why? Why then are they included on the team lists?... it turned out to be more than one question Smile

Regards,

Jensen
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizards are bought and listed just under the apoth on the team page
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

They are implemented. It's just that the Open format encourages long-term growth over winning any particular game. As such, relatively few people buy them because they'd rather save the money for a permanent improvement to their team. The same thing applies to star players and freebooters. You just don't see them in Open too often.

It's a bit of a shame, perhaps, but it also helps people get games. Opponents who check rosters for that sort of thing tend to be the same sort who will pass on a team with a good chance of winning. (How was that for an attempt at being diplomatic?)

Get a wizard if you want to play with one. Hell, I'm the guy who made a dwarf team with the sole intention of trying out the runesmith. Granted, I never got one that did anything but that's hardly the point.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing it's at least partially because they're for one game only, and so you only really want to spend that gold against teams where they'll be useful. Whilst in the board game you can hire them in the prematch phase safe in the knowledge that the game is already committed, on fumbbl if you try hiring a wizard after someone's looked at your team and agreed to the match it somehow seems to get classed as bad sportsmanship.
Jensen

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

One game only.... I´ve still not gotten used to the new rules. Previously you could keep your wizard as a permanent member of your coaching staff.

I agree that its a bit of a shame that wizards used more that they do. I guess we need more "important" matches - like finalls and stuff in order for that to happen.

Regards,

Jensen
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I took a wizard once. I forgot to use him.

It was a good way of dropping my rating, at the time.
Pelzmuff

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, I like the wizard and use him quite often on my orc or chaos dwarf team. Good against the other bashy teams and a must if you're up against dwarves.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I often use a Wizard on my Chaos Dwarf team and with different success. With the wizard can be said he has 3 spells and only 2 here on fumbbl that leaves you with the fireball and the lightning ball. The Lightning ball sucks so that leaves you with the fireball spell. In order to get it to work at a reasonable level you need to hit AG2 players preferably the opponent’s cage. So fireball is good against dwarfs CDs Kehmri and Lizzards all and to some degree Orcs. Try to hire him before you look for games that way he is already accounted for in your TR/TS and it should not affect the match up then as the opponent sees the wizard on the rooster and agrees to the game. Unlike a star player a wizard is a small thing and should not affect your chances of getting a game very much.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Tell me about star players hurting your chances at a game...hired Morg once to make up for two MNG's on my roster, got me back to TR=TS. Yet team after team were turning me down for games, and I'm not talking elves; chaos and orcs were afraid to face Morg. Pathetic, but it happens in ranked, where peeps are concerned he's too big a threat to their team safety. This from a coach who wonders why I have trouble playing his team filled with str 4 mb(claw) players, with a dp sitting in the background...

Jump to: