54 coaches online • Server time: 23:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Since you don't fail armour rolls on snake-eyes you actually break the armour automagically. The calculations are correct. It won't matter much though since no player I know of can get an armour as low as 1 (I think 3 is the minimum). And notice that it says "Stun or worse" (that means worse for the opponent).
teflon

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

My point isn't about the armor in fact. It's more about the fact that stun is on 6+ in non stunty and 5+ in stunty with RSC. Doesn't add up to 100%.
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean by 5+ and 6+? Rolling a stun (in non-stunty, without RSC) is equal to P(Armour roll > AV)*P(2 < Injury roll <= 7). So it's totally dependant on armour. If we are not taking armour into consideration a Stun in non stunty with RSC is = P(2 < Injury roll <= 5) = 10/36. If we look at the table you're looking at it says "stun or worse" which P(Stun or KO or SI) = P(Breaking armour), which is 100% if the AV is low enough.

Sorry if I seem to come on strong. It's good that you question anything you think is strange.
teflon

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Arrf, I screwed up, lol. Embarassed It's allright finally. Smile
Freefragger

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It seem like you have made a slight mistake, as the percentage for "P(Stun or worse|Claw+PO)" is the same as for "P(Stun or worse|RSC+Claw+PO)". else nice with some stats for the geeks who love them... Shocked
Uncle_Smed

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

teflon wrote:
There must be a problem in your calc. as a 100% chance to break armor, then stun even an av1 player isn't 100% whatever the skills. -?-

Not so dear Teflon.

He's merely taken into account the fact that not 100% of the results obtained post-armour breakage are actually "Stunned" results.

There's also the "KO'ed" and the all important "Injury" results to be deducted from the 100% of results through armour.

And for all the Claw devotees I say this. I always think in terms of player development ie: getting more SPPs, and this result shows that even at AV 9, RSC is equal in chance of causing a casualty to Claw players and has better chances at lower AV values.

I rue the day I listened to you all and have now given two Claws to my Chaos team before any RSC.

*Please note, this is my personal opinion, I'm entitled and so are you. Stunning is nice, KO'ing ok, but give me the wet squelch of a casualty over either of those any day*
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Freefragger wrote:
It seem like you have made a slight mistake, as the percentage for "P(Stun or worse|Claw+PO)" is the same as for "P(Stun or worse|RSC+Claw+PO)". else nice with some stats for the geeks who love them... Shocked

Always nice when someone digs up an old thread Very Happy . As for that mistake, it's not a mistake. P(Stun or worse) = P(Breaking AV) => P(Stun or worse|Claw+PO) = P(Stun or worse|RSC+Claw+PO) = P(Stun or worse|MB+Claw+PO), which is the same as P(Stun or worse|Claw+PO) since rolls affecting the injury roll doesn't matter since we only care about getting at least a stun.

I hope that made it clearer, otherwise please let me know.
Colin

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Nicely done. I've added your webpage to the User Guide, I hope you don't mind.

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=Reference
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind at all. I might add to it upon request and I also plan to shape it up if there is still interst in it. I had a project this summer where I planned on a "Universal Blood Bowl Calculator" which could calculate the probabilities for any series of events (including, skills, re-rolls and team re-rolls) using Markov chains. The project came to a halt though, but maybe that was just as good. Some people might consider it cheating to know the odds to well [Very Happy]
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2004 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Its only cheating if my opponent knows the odss better than me Smile