23 coaches online • Server time: 08:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Asmoridin

Post 5 Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys. For some reason I can't connect to the chat. My irc client (hydrairc) reports something about the server being disconnected (I know it's working because my roomate is using it without problem.

Also, I can't connect through the Java chat client- It's saying that's there's a connection error.

I used to be able to connect, any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Thanks!

Steve
Asmoridin

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, this might not have been the right place to post this, in hindsight, so if someone wants to move it, I'm sorry:)

Another thing though, if I try to connect to the irc channel with x-chat, I get this:

Connection failed. Error: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

I have Windows firewall up, but when it is down, there's no change. So I'm lost.
Asmoridin

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah! Fixed it. Apparently the new version of McAfee security blocks ports 6666 and 6667. Sorry about these posts.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

No problem, I work tech support. Norton blocks everything. When in doubt, Disable!