42 coaches online • Server time: 09:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Taking +MA on a new elf team?
Take BOTH +MA's
73%
 73%  [ 34 ]
Take Block on the +MA, +MA on 1st skill Lino
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Take+MA on the +MA, Block on 1st skill Lino
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Take Block in both cases
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 46

Seppuku

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Got a fresh 140TR HE team, and the problem, one I never thought I'd have, is too many +STAT rolls!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=142753

Beretta rolled +MA 1st skill, and has rolled it again (not doubles)
Colt 1911 rolled +MA 1st skill (not doubles)

This on top of 1 lino Block/+ST, another lino +MA/+AG...only 3 lino's have Block, and 1 of those is +ST...So, with just 5 Block's on the team, do I take the +MA??? I am suffering one RIP/SI with niggle per game it seems, and the thought of losing +MA or +MA/+MA for having no Block is terrifying! I already have the +MA/+AG lino still a long way off 31spp...

Do I need to add to this terror with +MA/+MA lino, and another +MA lino? Or should I play safe?

Comments to be reserved for the sensible please! Very Happy

EDIT: Oh yeah, 10k short of replacing the aged Thrower, save, or buy a Lino now?

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The faster, the merrier

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the stat increases for long-term development, go with skills if you're more interested in short-term gains.

I still think the extra speed is always a good thing. Developed linos is the key to not having your HE team wither and die (like mine). Linos with multiple stat increases are more likely to be noticed and used effectively. Any 2-skill lino can throw a blitz but how many can make it those 10 spaces you need to win the game after your LWs have all been KOd? Just the one...

As far as the thrower, with 11 players and a healthy TR/TS, I'd say wait and get the PW after the next match.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Take the stat increases for long-term development, go with skills if you're more interested in short-term gains.

I still think the extra speed is always a good thing. Developed linos is the key to not having your HE team wither and die...

Taking quite a few injuries and RIP's at the moment though (i thought av8 wasn't sooooo inferior to my usual av9, but I was wrong it seems... So I am deeply worried the +MA will be wasted, with taking cas...

BadMrMojo wrote:
As far as the thrower, with 11 players and a healthy TR/TS, I'd say wait and get the PW after the next match.

I was thinking the same, but nice to have a second opinion...or more bloody cash than 20k for a fekkin win AND scoring 3 TD's AND dishing out 6 cas...damn dice...

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

5 block at TR 140ish looks pretty good to me. Save up for another dragon warrior and keep the niggled thrower. Oh, take +MA and a DP on your next first skill lineman.
nickb2612

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Movements always gonna be usful on a HE team, especially on linos, MA6 always fells a little lacking, MA7 allows for much more prancing/frolicking to be done! Smile

Oh and I'd hold off with getting a lino for the mo and wait till the end of your next match before you decide what to do cash wise
Pulpo_Fiction

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

For faction... take the MA, in the long run is allways nice... my HEs didnt roll any +MA, and i miss that... sometimes its ever better than +AG for a full AG4 team, and ma7 helps to cover all the field in defence and to score in 2 tunrs without gfi, its a great difference IMHO
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the team name is HIGHER VELOCITY... what did u expect????

Take stat increases. They are always worth it no matter what.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Well, the team name is HIGHER VELOCITY... what did u expect????

Take stat increases. They are always worth it no matter what.

Always worth it when that +MA/+MA 29spp Lino takes a 1db, pow/skull, and get's RIP'd....eh? I'd be gutted...but I think i'm gonna risk it...

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Your doing the right thing then IMO If you take block on the +ma/+ma option then your left with a move 7 blocker which are quite common really , if you take the risk the player could become something a bit special given time . Sure one day he will kick the bucket'o'dice but give him the chance to shine out from the crowd , a movement 8 lino is a more unique and interesting player
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Seppuku wrote:
Always worth it when that +MA/+MA 29spp Lino takes a 1db, pow/skull, and get's RIP'd....eh? I'd be gutted...but I think i'm gonna risk it...

Of course, the odds are identical to failing a GFI trying to move 8 spaces with your MA 7 block lineelf, falling and RIP (barring mighty blow/claw on the defender in your scenario).

The extra MA makes your linemen as a whole slightly more versatile. Any of them (all of them) will be able to pick up block if they skill up. Not all of them will have the chance to add that much speed to your roster, which is always a welcome addition.

Just as an example, this guy has been absolutely priceless on my DE team. He fills a role that none of my other linemen can perform.

It sounds like an oxymoron but specialization like this is just another form of diversity... if you take group of linemen as a whole, rather than as specific cases.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

One more thing...you also asked if you should invest in a lino now or save to replace the thrower...

I'd save my gc to invest...but not in a new thrower...but in that 2nd Dragon Warrior...all other players can handle the ball if the niggling thrower decides he can't play due to old pains...so why not keep him for now and get 2 Dragons...adds a block and more speed Wink
Casper

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like +MA on any kind of elf liner. I prefer to get them skills, there are so many nice skills for them even if they don't roll any doubles. But that's me.
 Jump to: