65 coaches online • Server time: 20:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, BTW: I usually put my 0spps linos like this:

-0-0-0-

This way I spare 3 skilless linos while my opponent usually deploys 3 or four St4 players with block, or a Big Guy, or whatever packs a punch. This is a bit risky for my linos, but if I am lucky and do not get hurt in the first two turns I have some superiority (in number and in bashing capabilities) all around the field.

It's just like when someone leaves a BoB close your lino who's lying near the crowd (and I have seen that). Might seem smart, but to leave a ST4 blocking guy to guard a lino is not. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it didn't. If I remember well.

Anyway, it CAN be done without quick snap. Shocked

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to put 0-0-0-0 against one-turners (and speed teams in general) because then they cover the WZ a bit.... Of course I don't have a great win percentage.... Normally I put the slowest guys on the LOS, because I'm fond of blitzing into his backfield. I use blitzers as blitzers, especially on teams like humans or undead where they are quite a bit faster the the linos. If he doesn't toss the ball in his first turn, I can often get a player with a TZ on the ball carrier right away. (Especially my AG 4, Strip ball orc blitzer!) I usually do put BOBs, Mummies, and whatnot on the LOS, because they can "use up" a lot of opponent's players actions to deal with. (again, not a great win percentage, but...)

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

if oppenent has a DP im not setting up my big guy, if not i do like you 2 linos and my BG i have no idea why though....
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I go for the skill-less linos too. if my opponent puts a big guy on the line i simply knock over the guys surrounding the big guy, then knock over the big guy, and foul him to death on turn 1, - and your opponent's down a str 5 player about half the time before he can even act. Thats why I try to keep him and a few choice blitzers behind the line of scrimmage a little bit, so its much harder to foul them effectively.
 Jump to: