25 coaches online • Server time: 01:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ferrumvir

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I've been spectating on a few games and had a few games spectated by friends. Everthing seems to work fine except the dialog box. The spectators comments are not appearing on the two players screens? The player comments are appearing on the spectators screen.

We have used both 6.1f and 6.2.

Am I / Are we doing something wrong?
Is this deliberate?
Is this a bug?

Thanks for any help

Scott
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The two people playing can't see spectator comments, which is fine by me, as I (and I know others do as well) do comment on tactics and strategy of the ongoing game. I'd hate it if I had to watch what I was saying while spectating to not unbalance the game in progress by accidently slipping a tip here or there.

-Mnemon
Barash

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

This is indeed deliberate, since it would distract the players and could give advices to one of the coaches or be anoying in an other way.

Last edited by Barash on %b %28, %2003 - %23:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

its deliberate

the spectators can then talk about the game and not influence what happens in the match by helping one player out with suggestions or something

it can also be helpful for teaching tactics and pointing out mistakes to new players, live examples are a great way of learning
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Should have the option of turning specs on and off for comments. I can aid or give help to coaches by watching the game and using mirc to give help.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2003 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

yes well you are a big fat cheat :p
ferrumvir

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2003 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your comments, and I can understand the point that you don't want to give tips to the players playing, especially during competetive games.

However, an option would very useful. Here is my reasoning:

Firstly, when I've been spectated or spectating there is just the one spectator which then becomes a very lonely one way conversasion.

Secondly, I'm just learning the online game and whilst learning the game it would be really usefull to have additional people commenting on the game. Informing me how to use re-rolls, skills etc. which I know how to play from the board game, but struggled with early on online.

Thanks Scott
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2003 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ask your opponent we are mostly nice people and give good advice to new players (The more skilled the first coach you play the better the advice I played Mirascaels Ashenvale Protectors lost badly but gained some great tips on my play style and how to use the client)

Michael
 Jump to: