50 coaches online • Server time: 10:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2005 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

DreadClaw wrote:

So throw yourself into my games sometimes! you keep refusing! i''m a chatterbox! Razz

funnily enough you were one of the people i was thinking of hence the reason your the coach ive played most by a long way.

dumbass Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow an Anti-Social Community , a truly inspired oxymoron .

Some times i feel like i want to say something but just cant thing off anything else to say , and sometimes i just want to play and zone out a bit , sometimes I even have a bit off a chat ...
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that you seek out other people to interact with discounts the anti-social nomer. Unless you just sit in the gamefinder waiting for people to bug you that is.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

True, sometimes I like to chatter a bit, but I only start to whine when I get three rolls of one in a row.

Of course, some people don't talk at all, no matter what I say. And I could be a bad conversationalist sometimes. Maybe I have to try a bit more.

When you say reporting matches, you mean adding comments to them?
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive decided now to blame my players rather than the dice , so rather than saying "omg another double skulls" I say something dumb like " That stupid wights playing like hes drunk ,he couldn't block to save his life " it helps me look on the brighter side of things ,and has more than one possible reply of "yeah that was unlucky "

They do say simple things please simple minds .
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, real life is more important, don't worry about it, yah pea-soup eater, you were the first friend I made online, butI'd ditch you for my Fiancee anytime Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

nazerdemus wrote:
They do say simple things please simple minds.

Then I certainly fall into that category... I think it's pretty brilliant.

HickoryDuff wrote:
When you say reporting matches, you mean adding comments to them?

Yeah, I think that's what he meant... and it's a good reminder to everyone to take a few minutes to do so.

People actually do read them and they're a great way to capture some of the best qualities of that one match out the hundreds that get played every day.

Write notes for yourself. Write notes for your opponent. Write notes for people looking for good replays. Write notes for people who are checking out your opponent's past matches. Write whatever you want. I'm a firm believer that match reports are your own personal soapbox to add whatever caption you may want to a little, tiny slice of league history. AFK_Eagle summarized this idea quite well.

Personally, when I remember to do so, I try to write a report for every game. I summarize the game, point out any really good plays (my favorite part of the game), thank my opponent and pass along any advice I can think of to either my opponent or myself. It's your chance to say whatever you want about a particular game... might as well take advantage of it, right?

Jump to: