27 coaches online • Server time: 08:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Spyrer

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2003 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just browsing the Stunty teams to check the changes made and I "found" this:
0-2 Pump Wagon 90000 6 6 1 5 Ball & Chain, Mighty Blow G S

K, the already strong Snot team, now get's another nice or maybe not addition, no prob...

Let's compare him to a Fanatic:
+2 MA, nice, he can actually catch the other team now
-2 AG, irrelevant since he doesn't dodge and has no tackle zone...
-2 AV, another irrelevant one since they can't be blocked and when they go down it's auto injury roll

So we dropped some irrelevant stats to get +2 MA... cool
Oh, wait there is a bonus... he has mighty blow... OUCH

Wait the Fanatic has clearly an advantage in skill selection, who wouldn't dream of having a trully experienced natic with:
- Catch (this way your natic can do a special move, throwing his ball&chain around and catching it back, so he now blocks all 3 front squares)
- Diving Catch (read above, but at increased effectiveness, he can now block all 8 squares)
- Diving Tackle (here we go back to previous rule version... he can now block any player that moves into his tacklezone... sweet)
- Dodge (he can now avoid other natics and live longer)
- Jump Up (the natic can now re-roll failed collapses, since he just jumps back up)
- Leap (the natic can now leap in a random direction of course, use scatter template and roll one d6/3 for length, players in the target square are killed)
- Side Step (you are now able to move in all 8 directions, instead of the tradicional 4)
- Sprint (the natic superior training now allows him to double his move, only usable during blitz actions)
- Sure Feet (sure of his deadly feet the natic now just loges his massive steel ball in the ground and whips himself around, throwing devious kicks at his opponents, +3 to injury)

Somehow I find this unacceptable, so I want to propose the following changes, to even the playfield:
0-8 Pump Wagon 50000 8 7 1 1 Ball & Chain, RSC G S Ph

I just don't understand why... that's all (just give the damn natic G&S skills please, he's bad enough as is)
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2003 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

huh?
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2003 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Already strong? Have you completely missed out on the snotlings game record? They are one of the worst teams in stunty, and *that* is saying something. Personally, I'd say a 30k jump in price is enough to justify +2 move and might blow. Anyone worried about what skills a fanatic or pumpwagon might get either hasn't read the rules and seen that they have a 50% chance of dying every time the collapse, or is simply a nutter.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: