46 coaches online • Server time: 17:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is it actually possible to keep an injury free team in Ranked?
Sure. My Orcs and Dwarves are injury free.
7%
 7%  [ 10 ]
Sure. But you need at least AV 8 and very careful plays.
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Sure. If you sacrifice to Nuffle.
14%
 14%  [ 20 ]
Sure. If you only play Chaos and you only challenge Elves.
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
Sure. A really good coach can keep even a Skaven team injury free.
17%
 17%  [ 24 ]
Consistent lamers and Cherry Pickers can. Others don't.
22%
 22%  [ 30 ]
No way to keep a team injury free past a certain TR (or number of games, specify below).
30%
 30%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 136

Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this is my highest TR injury free....
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=134851 But retiring every Stat decrease seems.... odd. My Ogre who got -STR went right in the toilet, but my -MA Human Thrower with Accurate, Block and 4 AG... He stays. He helps win games. I don't consider that team to be "injured"

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Always thought injuries, esp. those caused by ageing, were INVENTED to keep TR at sane levels - because sooner or later, statistics take over and players get injured on the pitch or age (still, not my favorite!).

Also, I think the system works fine, by and large. Met no über team so far.
Arlecchino

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

All my team, also stunty are injury free or at least not important injury. (-ag on big guy for example)

It's only a question of team management and fan factor. And this last is a question of coach skill.
Mith

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I retire nigglers and weaken stats as soon as possible. My teams have a bad habit of collecting MVPs even if they never touch the field or for example my DE team.

2TD, + MVP first game
rolls snake eyes and loses an agi on ageing.

Since the team is young and I usually play dwarves 3agi does not scare me so I took catch and when he is on the field I use him as a catcher. He will only stay as long as I have to keep him. next skill I took was dodge.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=1700431&displaymessage=Bio%20Changed.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think injuries add a bit of character to a team.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I do think that the open Ranked format allow you to retire nigglers as soon as they show. In tournament it is more unclear. For exemple, a 100 SPPs bull centaure who niggle. Retire or not?

Because you still will play throughout the same schedule.
Vero

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

In open there's no reason to keep injured players because there's allways a team with equal TR around. In scheduled it's a real choice Smile
Glomp

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah look at the Anarchists.

Why would you want an injury free team?

If nothing else you get to laugh at the old niggle ridden codgers limping around the field.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My orcs are at 305 / 239 at the moment and they are inj free, but i dont know for how long, since 3 of my players are closing in on 126 spp :/ hopefully one or 2 can get the next skill with no ageing, but if my troll gets an age inj i dont yhink i will fire him.

on the other hand this is my only inj free team in ranked but the 4 other R teams have no -niggling but they have a few - stat here and there
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

fire a guy that had G acces? For a nig? I would not do it.
SirSlappy

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

My Khemri team in ranked is 20 games old (8/6/6) and only has two niggles on one thro-ra (one from ageing) is i wanted to i could fire him, but it really isnt necessary at this point in time. Also, the whole team is from the original roster with no one on the past players list. The key is minimizing the amount of blocks you take against you and good regen rolls always help Smile
here's the team http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=43440
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2005 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

mymLaban, your Orcs are COOL.

Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2005 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

DoubleSkulls wrote:
I think injuries add a bit of character to a team.

Yup. Additionally, I also think that -AV on most any player or -AG on a low-agility player are a few of those things that tends don't siginifcantly affect on-field performance, so I don't think I'd even fire someone for that.

Sure, there's a moderately greater chance of getting stunned or KO'd if you're taken down or a rare handoff to the only BOB in scoring range... But that's a pretty minor influence and ain't it cool when BillyJoeBob, the AG1 human lineman is the only one in scoring range and the game all depends upon him picking it that loose ball in the endzone? I think that stuff is priceless.

Besides, -AV players tend to correct their own problem by dying or getting niggled. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2005 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Minus AG on pretty much any elf positional is crippling. On a lineman, it just means that he gets used as one of the sacrificial three in your defensive setups.

Minus AV isn't as bad, but when a player goes from AV7 to AV6, it makes a huge difference. He will end up spending most of your games in the cas box.
 Jump to: