23 coaches online • Server time: 01:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2005 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

On offense I'd suggest taking down the ST4s at the point of attack. In the TR190 or less you can leave a player over them for insurance. The trick with CW, Bob, Golems, etc... is their lack of MA + AG. The ST4 players away from point of attack...leave em, they wont get to you in time. Focus on the cats that can get to your ball carrier. Make em have to transverse multiple tackle zones if they want to tackle. Humans have a steady AV and good movement so you should be able to set up a 'net/cage' far enough downfield so that they cant gang in front of you. keep 1 or two blitzers in the pocket to open another hole on your way to the endzone. As for defense pick at the ends of the cage but dont commit. When the time is right try to make him take a flank. Unless he's a really good coach ,and there are plenty, you should see an opening that you can blitz and get some players in there. You don't have to tackle the ball carrier all the time jsut get in enough bodys so he has to block and can't advance. Also getting players in his face will make him have to dodge which is not a strong suit for strength teams
Slick

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2005 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Crowd pushing and fouling are your friends against these teams. If you get a skink, saurus or CW down foul him. Be crafty and find a way to push those str 4 guys out of bounds. The only way a human team is gonna beat these guys is to get them off the field at all costs.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I always have problems against lizards, so I'll just add a small note for humies vs chaos.

I haven't noticed anyone mentioning your speed advantage. Use it. Try to spread the opponents into groups and then take them on one at a time. Once you outnumber them (in a given clump) you can use some cunning assists to take them on.

Lizards are just as fast as you - moreso, actually - but you can achieve a similar effect by tying up the saurii (without break tackle) with a lineman and going after the rest of the team. Once you outnumber the ST 4 players, you should have a strength advantage... in theory. I generally have a difficult time doing so, however, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2005 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

analyze the teams your playing agains, find out what their weakest points are. For lizzardmen, its their skinks, for chaos, its their AV8 goats. once you start getting a bit of mighty blow, you'll start sending those players in the KO box, stunned or ending up casulties (same goes for you). The AV9 players you can deal with with a DP and 3-4 assists. For lizzardmen, skinks are cheap and easy to let go of (and they break easy) while saurusses are the mainstay of the team - that's what he'll be protecting with his apoc.

So, focus your beating on where your oponent is most vulnerable.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, on offense, my advice is "hold the ball longer". The number of guys I know who feel obligated to pass to a guy while he's still on the LOS is ridiculous. If your thrower hangs back "in the pocket" and tosses long after you have a few guys behind his, you usually end up with his Strong guys away from the ball (since they are often on the LOS). Incidently, as someone mentioned, Lizardman teams do not fit in with the main problem. That many stunty players are just asking to be crunched. Crunch them and win!

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2005 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

For all you foul zealots out there, remember to make every foul count. Don't do a 1v1 foul, even with dp, as it often won't do much more than stun the guy with av 8, let alone av 9, yet you still have a shot at getting ejected. My amazons only threw three fouls in a recent game vs orcs, but we made every one count--with 4 or 5 assists I was able to ko a black orc, ko the troll, and kill (apo save) another black orc. Sure, at this point I got ejected, but the rest of the game he was playing very tentatively, throwing minimal blocks for fear of skulls resulting in more cas. Use your fouls as a surgeon, not a bludgeon, so that even if you do get ejected, you're taking the other guy out with you.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2005 - 06:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have only one advice if You roll skill double go for dauntles helps alot to take out those ST4+ guys together with guard on the blizers.
Zredna
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2005 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

dless strip combo is good for human catchers guard on the blitzers and get about 2-3dps and basicly foul the other guys best players

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2005 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

i have only read the topic not the replies so maybe this is allrdy said.

Anyway as you say 3 CW would equal 9 humans it dosent have to be like that, though you will need 3 guys on 1 of the CW but after one of them makes the block the other 2 are free to go assist on another CW, besides i dont think a 1d block is that risky, i mean the only result that could hurt you is the skull since an arrow would be fine more or less anyway thers a bigger chance of knocking him down then getting knocked down your self. ohh well just my 2 cents
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2005 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Forcing your opponent to make lots of 1d blocks is an excellent tactic. Sure, any one of them is unlikely to mess you up. However, by the time that you've done 3 of them, there's about a 50% chance that you have rolled a skull. Plus, if that cw has block, your chances have just gotten even worse.

Edit: The above has been reworded to appease Mezir's pedantic nature. Wink

Last edited by origami on %b %19, %2005 - %20:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2005 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
However, by the time that you've done 3 of them, there's about a 50% chance of rolling a skull.

Chances of rolling a skull are always 1 in 6, no matter what your previous block results were. Wink

I guess you mean that the chances of rolling a skull in the course of three 1d blocks is about 50%. However that does not equate to your chance of a skull on the third block being 50%.

Just being pedantic. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

And for fouling as a technique to beat bashers. Well the opposing team likely has better AV on average, he will be more likely to break armor on fouling, so in the long run fouling will benefit him more than you. That may not be the way to go.

You will just have to accept that with current rules humans are not among the best teams at high TR. Of course that does not mean that you can not play and win, it will just be hard. If you play against bashers get ready for some horrendously costly losses (and wins).
 Jump to: