55 coaches online • Server time: 20:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GriffOberwald69

Post 8 Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

During my last match Snotti (a mighty goblin) fail to dodge out from a Dwarf longbeard (Tackle) zone . The problem is that the program give immediatly the turnover, without let me use the Team Reroll !.
OK, Takle skill don't let me use the Dodge Reroll, but if I an avaible team reroll why I can't use it ? Crying or Very sad

Another one : After a failed catch, the ball scatter and is catch by another member of my team but I have a turnover ! Evil or Very Mad
Page 14 of LRB 2.0 is stated the there isn't a turnover if the ball at the end of the scatter (evev with trow-in !) is catch by a team member.

Please someone help me, Are these bug or I'm in error ? Wink

Cheers
Griff
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

GriffOberwald69 wrote:
During my last match Snotti (a mighty goblin) fail to dodge out from a Dwarf longbeard (Tackle) zone . The problem is that the program give immediatly the turnover, without let me use the Team Reroll !.
OK, Takle skill don't let me use the Dodge Reroll, but if I an avaible team reroll why I can't use it ? Crying or Very sad

Sounds as though you had used your RR for that turn already...
Quote:
Another one : After a failed catch, the ball scatter and is catch by another member of my team but I have a turnover ! Evil or Very Mad
Page 14 of LRB 2.0 is stated the there isn't a turnover if the ball at the end of the scatter (evev with trow-in !) is catch by a team member.

Was it a pass or a hand-off? As far as I know, if it was a hand-off then it is a turnover indeed.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

wrong mria hand off catches work the same as catching a pass its a turnover based on where it finally ends up

it sounds to me that it was a fumbled throw in which case its a turnover no matter where it ends up

though the first one does sound like you already used a reroll in that turn
GriffOberwald69

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

For Mirascael :

Sorry, where do you read the difference between hand-off and pass failed catch ?

Cheers

Griiff
Lord-Willi

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same Problem, but it was a failed attempt to pick up the ball.
It landed in the hand of another of my guys and ... Turn-Over

When you pass and fail it's not a turnover if another player catches it !
slackman

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

passing and picking up the ball are different. if you fail the pick up, its a turnover. if you fumble the pass, its a turnover. if you fail the pass but dont fumble and someone ends up w/ the ball, its not a turnover.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The key part of Griff's statement is that the Turnover happened after a 'failed catch'. If a failed throw is caught by someone, it ain't a turnover, but a failed catch that scatters is essentially bouncing rather than just deviating in the air and IS considered a turnover.

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If it was a pass, there is no turnover if the ball ends up in the hands of one of your players. The ball could scatter out of bounds, get thrown in by the crowd, land in an empty square and then bounce to one of your players who catches it--no turnover. Doesn't matter one bit if the ball bounced or not or even if several of your players failed to catch the bouncing ball...as long as one of them ends up with the ball in his possession.

Lets see. Other times you can attempt to catch in your turn..you push someone onto the ball and it bounces to someone on your team--no turnover even if they fail the catch. This would be the same if you knocked the opposing player with the ball down (or out of bounds) and the ball bounced/scattered to one of your players.

Oh, I guess if you fumbled a pass or failed a pick up and the ball bounced to one of your players it would be a catch roll, but still would be a turnover whether one of your players ended up with the ball or not.

Are there other times that the you'd make a catch roll in your turn? (I can't think of any at this moment....

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
Lets see. Other times you can attempt to catch in your turn..you push someone onto the ball and it bounces to someone on your team--no turnover even if they fail the catch. This would be the same if you knocked the opposing player with the ball down (or out of bounds) and the ball bounced/scattered to one of your players.

This parallel is flawed. Following this to it's conclusion, you'd never suffer a turnover for a failed catch at all!
Kri

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

A failed catch in itself is NEVER EVER a Turnover.

If you fumbled or failed a pick-up before the catch, that´s what causes the TO.
If you passed (acc. or in-acc.) and fail 1000 catches in a row before you finally succeed it isn´t a Turnover.
What causes a Turnover on a pass (non-fumble) you do, is if the ball ENDs up on the ground or in possession of the opponent.

Therefore, if you knock the ball loose and fail a catch-roll on the scattering ball it isn´t a TO because the failed catch isn´t a TO.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2003 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

page 8 LRB says:
Living Rule Book wrote:
Turnovers
Normally, a team turn only ends when all of the players in the team have erformed an action. However, certain events cause the team turn to end efore all of the players have taken an action.These events are called turnovers. The following events cause a turnover:
1. A team is called for illegal procedure and doesn’t have a re-roll counter or
2. A player on the moving team is knocked down or falls over or
3. The ball is passed and not caught by a player from the moving team or
4. A player from the moving team attempts to pick up the ball and fails or
5. A touchdown is scored or
6. The four minute time limit for the turn runs out.
A coach that suffers a turnover must end his turn immediately – even if part way through a player’s action. The only exception to this is that armour rolls and injury must still be made for players that have been knocked over.

later in the LRB it reads on page 22
Living Rule Book wrote:

Fumbles
Sometimes a player attempting to throw the ball will drop it in their own square. This is more likely if the player has any opposing players breathing down his neck! To represent this, if the dice roll for a pass is 1 or less before or after modification, then the thrower has fumbled and dropped the ball. The ball will bounce once from the thrower’s square, and the moving team will suffer a turnover and their team turn ends immediately.

I hope this clarifies this passing - turnover discussion

Jump to: