53 coaches online • Server time: 21:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm aware this has been discussed a little bit before, but it's extra relevant now that mixed teams are around...

Now that mixed teams have been invented (you guys rock) Wink

And rosters can be made up of a collection of players from different races...

How far away is the idea of a league in which you can purchase players from other teams for your own team?

is the "team played for" bit of information in a player's bio easy to change?

Could you even set up an auction facility?

Am I getting over-excited and going too far and pissing people off? Embarassed
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

First thing, the mixed team are actually officialy experimental, and balanced (at least to a degree) by the high cost of rerolls and lack of good players on the base roster. As for any for of player trading, there are so many varied forms of abuse to worry about that I really just don't see it happening.

The Finishing Touch
CrispieCritter

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

What about a way for players in the normal rooster to reach "star" status. They can then be put on the free trade market for a certain price according to their skills / status. They can only be traded if the other team allows those type of players. Eg a star mino player could go to a number of teams, a star halfling could only go to a halfling team.

Maybe another option could be that a player could be put on a "loan" sheet. That was another player can loan him out for a certain amount of cash. While players are on "loan" sheets they can't be used by the team who put them on there. Also if you had loan players only can only be used once and are out of play by the owners team for 24 hours, this would prevent most abuse.
HaRLeKin

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a players trade market is a good idea for keeping your beloved stars alive, although your team has been bashed up to the bones.

An option to prevent the misusage of the free market is to give the player (who at least has to have a couple off spp, say 51+) the skill "star".
So he won't gain any more spp, but u can play him at least. And this "Star" remains nor just for one game Wink

But this brings me to another idea: New stars in fumbbl. If a team is retired and there is a player with really a lot of spp you can hire him for half cost, but just for one game, like the other stars....

This would be a "hall of fame" for great coaches with their 300 spp ogres Wink

-#
EgorKDie

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2003 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally like that idea. A FUMBLL star list... I realise it's not LRB, but it's would be great Kudos for a coach to see a star from an old retired team play a starring role in another game (as long as it wasn't against him I suppose!!).

Problems.... um... too many stars? Have a vote every so often, nominated stars go into a vote, and the one with the most votes is entered into the star pool (Not the hall of fame, cos as the rulebook says, that is usually posthumous, with the execption of (I think) Morg N'Throg).

Otherwise, a d*mn fine idea sir!
 Jump to: