27 coaches online • Server time: 01:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gartch

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2023 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Techcasualty wrote:
"To perform a hypnotic gaze, nominate a single standing opposition player that has not lost their tackle zone and that this player is marking."

But do the rules or the faq define "marking"?
Since the rules are poorly written, I'm afraid the author of this quoted sentence in the faq does not give the same meaning than people in this forum to the word "marking".
Also it seems to be a complete new rule, so I would expect to it be underlined more clearly in the faq.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2023 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Nelphine wrote:

FA on the other hand, is only on some of the worst players in the game (nurgle notiecably improves if you dont take any FA players).

You think Nurgle are better with no bloaters or beast only leaving four pestis and rotters?

I actually only run 2 pests.
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2023 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Y'all quoting rules and leaving out the sentence that would prevent you tying up yourselves in knots

This player may move before performing this Special action, following all of the normal movement rules.

Wake up sheeple, it's simpler than you think!

P.s. grandad wants to play morgflem rotter crowd

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2023 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

God I love when GW drops an errata to make a rule more clear and some of the best, most knowledgeable players of that game have to have a debate dozens of lines long on what the hell that errata actually means.
I also love that we have had several errata's and somehow wildly inaccurate is still in the game.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2023 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Carthage wrote:
I also love that we have had several errata's and somehow wildly inaccurate is still in the game.

Amen, praise Nuffle!

I saw a tree yesterday throw a halfling backwards.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2023 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
Y'all quoting rules and leaving out the sentence that would prevent you tying up yourselves in knots

This player may move before performing this Special action, following all of the normal movement rules.

Wake up sheeple, it's simpler than you think!

P.s. grandad wants to play morgflem rotter crowd

I disagree.

You nominate at the start of your action (else FA wouldnt apply). This nomination must be against someone you are marking, at the time of the nomination.
You may then run around like a maniac (if FA doesnt prevent this) before you use hypno gaze.
Then, at the end of your movement, you may perform the hypno gaze against the player you nominated.

Actually.. does the wording any longer include that when you perform the hypno gaze, you must be marking them? It clearly does for the nomination, but maybe you can end halfway across the pitch now? Still not as good of course, but its something?

Last edited by Nelphine on %b %30, %2023 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2023 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
I saw a tree yesterday throw a halfling backwards.

That's a special case. Everyone knows the best grub can be found in the halfling dugout behind their own endzone, and that some halflings are strongly attracted to largest, nearest source of good grub. What everyone doesn't know is that the attraction exerts a physical pull on the little halfling, and they can only move away from food when they've gain enough mass to exert enough force against the ground to propel them. Make them airborne and have enough food in the dugout... just expect that will be the direction they're gonna fly. It'd be against nature for them to do anything else.

Jump to: