37 coaches online • Server time: 13:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spleggy

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2024 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't be bothered to read all this but I'd like to pretend I have so that I can soapbox my own agenda to help the teams and playstyles that I like and nerf those that I struggle against under the thin pretence of balance.

please take this post as my input to that effect Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2024 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You can still play 2016! Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

spleggy wrote:
I can't be bothered to read all this but I'd like to pretend I have so that I can soapbox my own agenda to help the teams and playstyles that I like and nerf those that I struggle against under the thin pretence of balance.

I couldn't be bothered to read all this, but I'd like to pretend I have so that I can soapbox my own opinion to rally against nerfing all the OP teams I enjoy playing in this unbalanced environment & keep all the teams I can bash on easily under the thin pretenSe of sarcasm.

Please take this post as my input to that effect Wink

There, fixed it for you! Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
spleggy wrote:

I couldn't be bothered to read all this, but I'd like to pretend I have so that I can soapbox my own opinion to rally against nerfing all the OP teams I enjoy playing in this unbalanced environment & keep all the teams I can bash on easily under the thin pretenSe of sarcasm.

Please take this post as my input to that effect Wink

There, fixed it for you! Laughing

Spleggy has a point, you dont

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Spleggy has a point, you dont

Edit No. I think Nightbird has the point. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It's pretence because it's spelt that way in British English. As an aside whilst visiting Minnesota I was once asked "so what's your native language?". However I don't want to turn this into a conversation about whose version of the language is "better".

Nevertheless, your "correction" is misguided.

I was trying to use humour to remind us to guard against the dangers of making sweeping changes based on what vocal groups want without a thorough and non-biased evaluation of the meta, win rates and so forth.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

spleggy wrote:

I was trying to use humour to remind us to guard against the dangers of making sweeping changes based on what vocal groups want without a thorough and non-biased evaluation of the meta, win rates and so forth.

Humour works better when it's funny. Wink

How thorough was the evaluation before releasing the current rules?

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2024 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I find that humour is funniest when I agree with it, and of much lower quality when I disagree with it.