29 coaches online • Server time: 03:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Niebling

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a Q:
I just uploaded a new pic of my Rat Ogre, but when I played a match against my mate, he couldt not see, though i couldt.
Can this be right? then whats the fun in getting cool pic for your players when people cant fear them while we are playing Twisted Evil Shocked
Dan

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The pictures only work on your client, if you want your mate to have the pic you've got to send it to him and get him to upload it too
Niebling

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

?? upload it to where?
he can see the pic when he access the team on fumbbl. why dosnt he just see the same pic as i do when we play?
He has no pic of any Rat Ogre when we played it is just empty.
I just find it a bit wird..
Thx for your help any ways Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 15:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

He needs to start a local game with your team to get the image.

-- Christer
Niebling

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

what do you meen local? so not a fumbbl game?
I just dont understand why, when it is posibel for me to see the pic why cant my mate se it?
I dont have the pic on my own comp it is not even the comp i uploaded from but i can stioll see it, just dont see the problem in my mate seeing the pic to, proberly because i dont know the code behind it Wink
But i just think if it is posibel it should be implementet as it takes a lot of fun out of putting new pic on your players when people cant see them when they play against you?

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I just loaded up a standalone game with your team roster and the images displayed correctly. I would suggest that your pics just hadn't been approved yet, or something, but then they wouldn't show up for you (unless you wrote over your defaults so that ANY rat ogre would look like yours and SV and GR, etc...)

That leaves 2 options that I can think of:
1) The pictures were there, your friend was just looking for the icons instead or something. Unlikely, but thought I'd bring it up.
2) He downloaded a copy of your roster before starting, but not the images, maybe? I'm not sure if this would do it, but I thought it could be an option.

Rest assured, though. We all get to fear the mighty Forgeworld Bust.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

This is how it works. When you start a game you specify the http url to your team. Based on this url the game can go download your roster AND the pictures that roster needs. Then the two computers connect and your computer sends your roster to the other computer. Right now the connection is only able to send text, thus your images do not get sent to the other computer.

So even though you think you don't have a picture of your rat ogre on your computer, you do. It is downloaded to the same folder as your team roster. You opponent does not have the picture.

Here are your options to get you opponent the picture.
1) Send it to them.
2) Have them go to your roster on FUMBBL, right click and download it.
3) [EASIEST WAY] Have them start a stand-a-lone game. Enter the http url to your team in either team 1 or team 2. Start the game, this will download your roster and your team pictures. Now close that game. Now he has your rat ogre picture.
Now you can start a network game as normal and BOTH of you will see your beautiful rat ogre in all his glory.
Niebling

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2003 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

thx a lot mate Smile