69 coaches online • Server time: 23:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bassie

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Dudes,
I don't know if this has come up already:
In the Java BBL Client "Piling On" is implemented so the blocking player using Piling On does not fall over if the armor roll was high enough to penetrate without the added bonus of the Piling On. So he keeps standing if it wasn't "necessary". The Living Rulebook says "when the player uses this skill he is knocked over as well". So this implicates the client decides to use the skill AFTER the armor roll was made. Is this right? The rulebook also says "the player may use this skill AFTER he has made a BLOCK ... and may add his Strength to the Armor roll for the victim."
My question is: Can you wait till after the armor roll to decide to add you Piling On bonus or do you have to declare it BEFORE the armor roll? Confused
*ramblin' on*
And is the Armor roll included in the "Block" action then?
Bassie.

Last edited by Bassie on %b %30, %2003 - %17:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes acording to the current rules you wait till after the armor roll. Some people disagree with this and have been ranting on TBB for a while.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully, this will be changed in the near future, since this is constitutes one of the last remaining major flaws in the current BB-rules. Cool
Lord-Willi

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

But what happens if you roll a double one (usual roll for me), does my player pile on knowing he would not hurt him anyway ?
In my Opinion you should pile on if you want as an active action !
BudsBalkan

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2003 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, i dont like it too. Is just crap that PO may be choosed after the roll, like Diving Tackle. IMO these 2 Skills are strong enough if u choose them before the roll and they are just overpowered if u may choose it after the roll.

Hopefully it will be changed!
phillier

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2003 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it seems unfair, but with such a skill I would think it works something like this.."Hmm, I knocked you down and you arent hurt, I think I will sit on you and crush you now." The current pile on rule I think is approriate and makes sense. I must admit though that I am biased as I have mummies....but still.
Force

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all for the "Anounce before Armour Roll"

"Piling On" is part of a Block. It's not 2 Actions. Its one Block Action where the Player falls onto the other.

So either you choose to use the "Boost" for the Blcok, or you choose not to. Involving "no risk" with it makes the skill too powerfull.

Im sure diving tackle and piling on are more fun to play as soon as they have to be announced before the roll.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I know in JavaBowl diving tackle has to be chosen before the dodge and if you choose yes, you use it no difference whether the target player makes the dodge or not

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2003 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, i know, and this is one of the things where Boardgame Blood Bowl should be revised to match Online Blood Bowl.
athoragg

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2003 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, one of the reasons in the client that i think you pick before, is that it does the Armour, Injury and SI roll (the d6 to find if you are BH SI DD) all at the same time, so if you choose it after, you could see the final result of the injury before you pick if you want to go above his armour and lay yourself prone.

(example, a big guy with S5 and pile on rolls a low armour roll after knocking someone over. The pile on would take it above the armour value and by looking at the dice bit on the chat menu you see it will cause a BH, SI or DD, so you go with piling on to cause the huge ammount of damage and slight risk to yourself from being kicked while your down, and the disadvantage of having to get back up next turn.
Now same situation, but the injury result shows Stunned, you then deside thats its not worth the risk for getting kicked and having to get up next turn, so you choose not to.)
TheStampede

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

How does work diving tackle?
you subtract 3 from the dodge roll and you finish prone, but what if the roll fails and it is rerolled? you keep subtracting 3 from the second roll also?
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

as far as i know when using DT you put a -2 malus on the doging player even when he rerolls (so you put -2 on the first roll and if he rerolls -2 on the 2nd) problem is in difference to PO that you always fall, even if the dodge is successful. Would be the same if PO always would take the attacker down if checked, not depending on the breakage of the armour, thus enabling the blocked played to foul the POing player, cause he is prone right next to him.

Cheers

PS: read the LRB about diving tackle... it helps a lot

Jump to: