34 coaches online • Server time: 16:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyBlitz

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

My zons didn't even get picked :sniff:
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

That`s why I would propose, that the next time, the two or three highest applicants from every race (maybe except stunties) are taken and the rest should be filled up with other teams.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
That`s why I would propose, that the next time, the two or three highest applicants from every race (maybe except stunties) are taken and the rest should be filled up with other teams.

And the coaches allowed to play with the strong races would be selected how?

I agree with poster of the topic that the light and dark qualifiers should be divided by means of their alignment in the fluff. So dark elves over to the dark side and dwarves over to the light side. Would that be a pity for the dark elves? Perhaps so, but then what about the rats? They are already playing dark.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Because elves don't like them.

Honestly, we have this every year: tried using search? Rolling Eyes

searching has nothing to do with spotting rights and wrongs.

dorfs should be light and darkies should be dark

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:

The highest TR teams.

We have 20 races for racial slots. That makes 40 slots out of 128. Pick the 44 teams with the highest TR for light and dark. Then fill up the racial slots. If there are still slots left (e.g. only 1 necro team applied), pick the team left over with the next higher TR.

Not exactly rocket science.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

There are 21 LRB4 races.
Then the race which had won the last cup should be left out.

Cloggy

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:

The highest TR teams.

We have 20 races for racial slots. That makes 40 slots out of 128. Pick the 44 teams with the highest TR for light and dark. Then fill up the racial slots. If there are still slots left (e.g. only 1 necro team applied), pick the team left over with the next higher TR.

Not exactly rocket science.

It is if you want a balanced tourney. Just do a quick search and find out. The highest TR or TS teams vary greatly per race. What you propose has a LOT of negative implications in the balance of stenght in the field of participants, and it's simply a horrible idea to implement without changing any of the other rules as well.

A lot of coaches have argued that the playing field in the majors is not fair, because the same races are so dominant. This is of course because some races keep getting stronger as they grow in TR and others peak out at a certain level. Getting a minimum of 4 teams per race involved would only make the dominance of the elves and orcs bigger. Not smaller.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Getting a minimum of 4 teams per race involved would only make the dominance of the elves and orcs bigger. Not smaller.

Erm, why? I'm afraid I can't follow your "logic".
Optihut

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Mirascael wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
Getting a minimum of 4 teams per race involved would only make the dominance of the elves and orcs bigger. Not smaller.

Erm, why? I'm afraid I can't follow your "logic".

The reasoning is that a few awesome orc teams and a few awesome elven teams would compete against a lot of mediocre teams of other races, instead of having competition from other awesome orc and elf teams.

As for the discussion: Dwarves are nasty little buggers and should as such stay in the dark tourney.

Regarding elven teams: The picking is more of a problem than the elves themselves, but that also goes for the bashy teams.

For what it's worth, I applied with my humans, but didn't make the cut by some 10 points in TR. In any other cup I wouldn't even bother applying with humans, but the UI really is the one cup where races other than elves could shine.
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
pac wrote:
Because elves don't like them.

Honestly, we have this every year: tried using search? Rolling Eyes

searching has nothing to do with spotting rights and wrongs.

dorfs should be light and darkies should be dark

'Rights and wrongs'?

It's an arbitrary division of the lists, based on who the High Elves like/don't like. Right and wrong doesn't come into it. However the lists were reworked, there would always be some classification that someone didn't agree with.

Now, an argument with some substance is that the whole point of the Light/Dark UI qualifiers was to make it easier for more fragile teams to compete in one of the majors. However, as the last two majors (with no such rules) have been won by Wood Elves, the fragile teams are clearly in no need of such a crutch.

There is a definite argument for wholesale reform of the UI qualifier system - but niggling about which team should be in which category is pointless and redundant. (As I said, search and you will find the official line on this: I remember Mezir posting on this subject last year.)

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe
make it easier
team are only allowed to join if they played at least 40 % vs the other latern and at least 33 in the last 15 games
so you get more crippled elf teams which leads to a fair chance for all
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW..... this assumption that dark elves would suck if moved to Dark.....

Complete BS. Before this tourney i wish i could hae entered my high elves in a Dark Qualifier and if the darkies got moved... I would totally run them.

__Synn
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

We dont want to switch dark elfs and dwarfs because elfs wouldnt win the dark qualifier, we want to do it so they get a more even share of blocks and fouls

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

What if you could choose you are a champion of light or darkness? Maybe restricting the HE, Halflings, Lizardmen to light and Chaos, CD, Skaven to dark, but for the others why not let them choose? (DE disguishing themselves to look like do gooders, or humans fighting as dirty cutthroats) Would do a lot more fluff i guess. Fluff that is more specific to the teams, and not the wh universe. ..as I think of it, i would hardly describe anyone in wh universe as Good. I had seen many a crusader theme chaos, why not let them join the light side?

BTW, it is not a good thing to divide the elfbowl from the rest, it is hardly arguable. Maybe the UI could work as an exception to an extent, but not like the current state.

Kk
p4m

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2007 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Kk773 wrote:
What if you could choose you are a champion of light or darkness? Maybe restricting the HE, Halflings, Lizardmen to light and Chaos, CD, Skaven to dark, but for the others why not let them choose? (DE disguishing themselves to look like do gooders, or humans fighting as dirty cutthroats) Would do a lot more fluff i guess. Fluff that is more specific to the teams, and not the wh universe. ..as I think of it, i would hardly describe anyone in wh universe as Good. I had seen many a crusader theme chaos, why not let them join the light side?
Kk

so the bashy orks can choose: playing some games vs (mighty) Flings or play games vs (cute) chaos teams! good choice Razz

or the other way around: whats the sense in winning a dark tourney if all orks play in the light devision?

and last but not least: if the teams will be chosen TR the elves wont be restricted to 64 places Very Happy the can take actually 128 places - well i dont think that will help at all
 Jump to: