17 coaches online • Server time: 06:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the 10 minutes of extra time be removed from Major Tournament Games?
Yes
61%
 61%  [ 93 ]
No
38%
 38%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 151

Zingr

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2007 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

In my never-ending quest to be "constructive"...

My experience has been that, on average, games became slightly longer when the 4 minute TTL was initiated, but the extremely long games stopped. This is because most coaches here self-monitored their behavior in turns effectively before the addition of the TTL, and after TTL implementation the coaches who could/would not self-monitor their times on turns were forced to play at a reasonable pace.

Then with the addition of the extra-time, excessively long games came back as the coaches who aren't able to or can not play out their turns in a reasonable time regularly dip into their extra time. So the end result of the 2 changes has been longer average game durations and little or no change in the number of occurrences of extremely long games.

My perspective is that it's not worth the effort or the potential wasted time for me to join any tournament in Ranked with the time setup as it is. As for everyone else, do what you wish based upon you're own circumstance, but do not expect that anything will change in the TTL configuration.

Legbreaker

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2007 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I voted No above, but I think I'd choose the "10 min can be used only once a game" option if there was one.

Or you could include a "pause" option that'd stop time, but require your opponent to agree on you using it. But that's probably overdoing things...
 Jump to: