46 coaches online • Server time: 17:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HunterX

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2007 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The NBL is now running its tenth rookie tournament: Dekus Destructus! Max 2 of each accepted race. Open round robin style.

Da Rules:
    1. New [L]eague LRB teams only may apply to the group.
    2. Dwarf and Norse teams are banned (unless you REALLY want to play with two Dwarf Runners).
    3. Players that start with Block may not be purchased.
    4. Players may not take Block as a skill selection.
    5. If a player MUST choose Block as a skill, then that player must be retired.
    6. NO Star Players, except on goblin teams, which are allowed stars that DO NOT have the block skill.
    7. NO wizards, except for the halfling chef.

Apply with your team at No-Block League (NBL) for friendly games or the next tournament.

Last edited by HunterX on %b %16, %2007 - %16:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2007 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, my Lizardmen wish to join this tournament and have applied to NBL group page.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=369984

I am looking forward to a different type of challenge here.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyrus-Havoc wrote:
Hello, my Lizardmen wish to join this tournament and have applied to NBL group page.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=369984

I am looking forward to a different type of challenge here.

If it's a different type of challenge you're looking for, you'll find it in this league! Very Happy

Now I just need to figure out what race to choose...
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2007 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=373499

So who else is going to join in and destroy these werewolves? All Puppies Must Die has entered the arena!
RealMadns

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2007 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Carefull with that axe

Is ready to give the competition a nice cas-rate boost Smile
Russo

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2007 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=374676

My Hollywood based Pro Elf team will be rolling into this little Mid-West town of Lansing and teaching you bumpkins a lesson Very Happy

Dekus Shhhmekus ftw!!

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2007 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dekus begins - who will be the first to slaughter my puppies?
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2007 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

When you get 5/5 kickoffs completely in your favour what happens?

A 3-1 victory for the puppies over goblins of course!

The Goblin's fortune ran highest in my first turn when I rolled 22 and rerolled 22 for a both down CAS on both sides. After that is went downhill reallllly fast. Nobbla removed one zombie and then was out all game.

Thanks for the match Azure.
Russo

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2007 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1767619

<b>Dekus Shhhmekus 1 - 1 Careful With That Axe</b>

A respectable opening fixture for both sides particularly my Elf team.

As PV is so keen to tell everyone, Rookie Flings are a handful just like Zons, and they can really do damage too. So after an opening turn where I had two BH's inflicted upon me and a KO, I had only 8 on the field. I battled all half even threatening to score myself, but in the final turn of the first half a fling managed to score.

On my drive I scored about the 5th turn and left my opponant with a couple of chances to try and grap a winner, but ue to some poor blocks and my two advanced Elfs the move broke down.

Game Over. A fun game between RealMelons and me!

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol
Russo

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2007 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1768611

<b>Dekus Shhhmekus 6 - 0 Kicking and Screaming</b>

Well rookie Stunty teams are always difficult but I had a payday today and the Boys did me proud. Everything went well, particularly the kick-off rolls, and those pesky gobbos were cleared off the pitch in no time....even the Troll managed to SI himself on a block.

40 Spp's was a real treat and also to get my own back on Azure after his 7-0 humiliation of me with an Elf side Razz

Hard luck mate and we will no doubt have a closer match soon Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Russo

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2007 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1768763

<b>Dekus Shhhmekus 5 - 0 Rabid Rascals</b>

Well my unbeaten run against HunterX continues apace with a one-sided display by the Elf side v the Flings. The flings had the better of the armour rolls, but the worst of the dodge rolls!

Stunties can be tough for rookie teams, but my Elf side seem to be able to play them well with three Stunty teams played and no defeats.

Not much to say about the game other than getting Elf players into the oppos backfield always seems to be worth a punt, as I have scored a few now from sacks.

See you soon mate!

BiggieB is my idol
Russo

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2007 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

OK now for the easy games ...Dekus Shhhmekus challanges PussyValiant Razz

He still is avoiding me in Novenus so I expect he will replicate here Laughing

BiggieB is my idol
Russo

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2007 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1769463

<b>Dekus Shhhmekus 2 - 2 99% Fat Free</b>

A high entertainment game in Dekus here, and the Elf side pulled off into a 2-0 lead against the High Elf cousins. Unfortunately the Elf side was also running out of players, and could not hold the lead.

In the end we just managed to hang on in for a 2-2 draw...pheeww

Well played mate...definately a game of two halves!

Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2007 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

One day Russo will learn that I don't respond much to taunting and insults except to send them right back (in chat and PMs only hehe). Keeping the insults flowing will encourage me to play no more than flattery or bribes would.

2nd Dekus Match:

All Puppies Must Die 3 - 0 Full Metal Gear

This game started off with some dangerous moves. One of my wolves got fouled by the DP, but failed to break armour early on. This ended up costing my opponent severely, as my wolves tore up his team and greatly reduced his numbers, allowing me to score 3 times over the course of the game despite the non-stop pouring rain. At least my opponent's AG4 beastman was BH and saved from any further evil by the wolves.

Nuffle's revenge was suffered by the team after the game - seems like in my inexperience using Necro teams I didn't recruit my players very well - they're all old! My first ghoul skill and my 2nd wolf skill (on the same wolf) both aged a niggle.

/hurt
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2007 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Russo, my Necros are still waiting for your challenge Wink

All Puppies Must Die 2 - 0 Carefull with that axe

This game was a slaughter. With a MB Tackle Wolf that showed up despite his Niggle (aged after 2nd skill, 2nd game) the flings were not doomed from the start at all...I even managed to roll skull/bothdown trying to knock down the tree and wasting a reroll in my first turn. After that though I took out a fling or 2 every turn, and eventually got a total of 5 RIPs (1 Apo save)...I believe this is an NBL RECORD!

Needless to say, despite some ok dodging and fling throwing, the 2-0 win was not entirely unexpected. Thanks RealMadns and see you next time.

All Puppies Must Die 2 - 1 99% fat free

Had my first match against unx and it was lots of fun. My Niggled Wolf showed up again but I decided to risk him on the Line of Scrimmage....after getting a T1 Stun he was knocked down and then fouled out of the game with a BH. unx why not an RIP?! /boo

Anyways it was class Elf vs. Basher, except I'm not very good with Elves. Fortunately Nuffle was on my side and after slowly pushing forward all Half with a Flesh Golem on T8 he got stuck...so he dodged away, handed it off to a ghoul, and the ghoul made a GFI for the TD.

Second half saw a quick elf score after one turn of stalling as I surrounded his elves and threatened some heavy bashing. A misclick zombie dodge let him score without a problem and gave me 6 turns to win this tied 1-1 match. As the bashing began to take better effect, including a Wolf Bothdown RIP Apo fail, the ghoul ran the ball down to the Golem who, without harassment from any elves, scored a TD. Although unx's elves GTR and had a DP, only a few extra fouls were thrown, and the DP was tied up with several zombies. Thanks again to unx for the good game.
 Jump to: