22 coaches online • Server time: 07:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Andy and I drew, so we both crash out.

Thorpe's house is safe! Razz

I'd like to reserve Faries again for the next one, if I may, I'm convinced I can get them through. My main error was taking the 4 RR's and not the DP star. Just a bit more luck here and there, and it's doable.
AndyBurns

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny, I feel the same way about Chaos Flings. I'd use them again!

Damn Purp for not having the good grace to fail...
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
HA! If you're a real gambler, you should put up Thorpe's house for my undermanned pygmys to beat the Undead and advance. 250-1, baby!

Some good handis and some luck and I could be in the final 16 without 8 men on my team.

Do you feel lucky?

21 Million for my house if the pygmy get through
OUCH!

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

feel free to create your new teams for FWC VII, they will be safe, although i wont be approving them into the group until the group stages are sorted out

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Peter_Thorpe wrote:
feel free to create your new teams for FWC VII, they will be safe, although i wont be approving them into the group until the group stages are sorted out

Well - I'll leave it until you are recruiting for the next one, as it could lead to all of the best teams getting snapped up before we are even into the last 16 this time.

Plus, you never know, someone may want to take Faries off my hands, I'm just greedy for ST1 action! Laughing
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Peter_Thorpe wrote:

Well - I'll leave it until you are recruiting for the next one, as it could lead to all of the best teams getting snapped up before we are even into the last 16 this time.

Plus, you never know, someone may want to take Faries off my hands, I'm just greedy for ST1 action! Laughing

haha, fair enough

and for the record, i want to thank the pepole who have been updating my picks page, ive just been able to update this post's front page odds

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2007 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

As soon as teams are accepted for the next one, i'll register my chaos dwarves again (they were refused this time for the very good reason that there already was a chaos dwarf team) and see if i can break the curse and make it to the final 16.

No problem on the picks page. In fact, i think i'm going to add which teams are eliminated, so that you can put those in red along with the other 2.
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2007 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
My main error was taking the 4 RR's and not the DP star. Just a bit more luck here and there, and it's doable.

I think your 4RR were fine, the star player would be a mistake, and what you really needed was more players!
AndyBurns

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2007 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

And Purp, next time, hire Trees that don't bounce off things. Or, actually, do - it was hilarious...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2007 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
My main error was taking the 4 RR's and not the DP star. Just a bit more luck here and there, and it's doable.

I think your 4RR were fine, the star player would be a mistake, and what you really needed was more players!

Nope - the RR's didn't really get used despite two < 50% luck games, and I never had a player shortfall. They are only there for failed Hyptno Gaze and -2dbs at the ball. Everyone's got Dodge, and Trees can't re-roll. Normal blocks by anyone else are few and far between. I think the DP star would have made the difference, myself.
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2007 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Excuse me for being brief and not too diplomatic, but i typed a long message that got lost and i don't feel like typing it all again, so i'll resume.

Uses for rerolls :
- going for it all over the place until a RR is used, extending your players' MA
- dodging multiple times, since dodge can only be used on the first failed dodge
- blitzing into cages : a leprechaun without a RR has a 30% chance of stripping the ball loose against a player without sure hands, and 50% with a RR

I believe stunty teams against non-stunties are well served by attempting crazy stuff (often it works). Extra rerolls help you do that.

Star players and other freebooters are great for the last game, but purchases for the first 2 games are more useful if they serve all 3 games.

Maybe next time you won't be so lucky with injuries and will welcome having more players.
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2007 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, well, half way to the round 2 deadline, and most groups are already wrapping up, pretty dam good!

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2007 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

We have an interesting series of events here. Today, 3 groups, namely C, D and F, had the same development. One team has obtained 1st place (necromantic, chaos dwarf and norse). One team has been eliminated (halfling, strigoyan and squig herder). All of these first place teams will be facing the eliminated one in their last game. Two teams in each group have 3 points each and will face off in their last game to decide who makes it to the final 16 : skryre slave vs amazon, nurgle's rotter vs gnome and snotling vs skink. This should make for 3 very interesting and very entertaining games to end the round robin!
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2007 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

updated and almost finished for the final 16 writeup!

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2007 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

whats the deal with group G?