48 coaches online • Server time: 23:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Capped Tourneys In Ranked Sign The Petition!

this has probably been said at length, but with the new LC about to start, and estimated TR cutoff's being at the 250+ level...its got me thinking...again

with all these high TR cutoff's, the prospect of a "Minors" is seeming better and better, ranked tourneys with a starting TR cap, it would make more average/good teams able to take a share in the glory, instead of the top 20 or so TR teams nicking all the silverware, not "Rolling" minors, such as XFL and Smack, but proper, KO based tourneys for the smaller teams, it would take more staff i will admit but id be guessing a tournament force could be put together from the FUMBBL community...(You tell pepole they can run there own ranked tourney, i know more than a dozen that would jump!)

Im, going to get ripped for this, i know that, but why not put the idea forward

so go ahead, make suggestions, or wanted posters for my head...your call

OR

with the [L], make another division, the teams cant move into other divisons...let them make there own prizes...money,FF that sort of thing...at least then there would be tourneys where that could be done... (Now i KNOW Im going to get ripped for this!)

Cloggy wrote:
I agree with Thorpe.

The 5 majors we have right now are so similar to eachother that I think some more variation might be in order. Playing tournaments is fun after all, but I for one can't be bothered to powerbuild a team until it's good enough to have a chance in a major.

It might even be that introducing even more tournaments to the already full tourney calendar is not the best option. Why not just have different TR or TS caps for the existing majors?

Obviously the UI, being organised by snotty elves, has to remain uncapped and the same goes for the Fumbbl Cup, being the unofficial Fumbbl championship. All other majors could introduce a TR or TS Cap without compromising the tournament themes.

Let's be realistic though. What ever the rules you set for a certain tournament there will always be coaches or races that gain a competitive edge because they are better suited to the rules than others.

Still, I think more variety in the majors would be beneficial to Fumbbl, since right now I find them kinda dull.

youve got a good point, sticking minors alongside the majors would just be overloading the staff, and the caps sound like a good idea, somthing like this MAYBE?

Warpstone Open - TR/TS 250 and Below
Reason: Well, maybe for the fact there getting mutants on the teams, we dont want to be giving TS 300+ teams a bunch of bigger boosts no other team of the same race could imagine, if they build there then sure!

Ulthuan Invitational - TR/TS 200 And Above
Reason: There snooty elves, and elven teams make TR/TS 300+ pretty easy, so why not a cutoff instead of a cap? the armour would make more sense to the major TR/TS players, due to its prestige

Grotty Little Tournament - TR/TS 225 And Below
Reason: Fame and fortune, that spells another payday for the huge teams, it would make more sense to award the up and coming teams the FF boost and the money

Lustrian Challenge - TR/TS 200 And Below
Reason: Lets face it, as much as i like a new major, this one's prize only spells a better than average player, and with no new skills to give it, this would be majorly suited to the teams where it would make a difference, instead of the teams that would stick this with the rest of the "average players"...i know chaos warriors that could get further than this guy

Fumbbl Cup - Open
Reason: It has to be open, fumbbl's world cup is the pinicale of the year, so it needs to have them all

Last edited by Peter_Thorpe on %b %08, %2007 - %09:%Aug; edited 4 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

meh, thorpe

who cares? either build a high tr team or do what i do: have fun and care not about tournaments!

and why is there no poll?

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

i want pie!!!
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, lower TR tournaments should have a place in Ranked. This will allow more coaches to compete, as not everybody has the time or patience to make a major tourneyteam.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like an interesting idea.

Would it be just like a big Experienced to Elite smack? With 128/64/32 teams in it rather than 8?

How about introducing a TS cap that would have to remain throughout the tournament, that could make things really interesting and would stop stars and wizards being as dominant as they are in smacks.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well....

I think that the reformation of SMACKs will fix this problem.

Technically they are "minors".

This being said... I would love a large fluffy minor. Perhaps something running side by side with the FC as the "NIT" (NCAA basketball fans know what i am talking about). I am sure logistics would be an utter pain the butt, but it would allow us to call that month "The Biggest Month of Bloodbowl in the World".

__Synn
mistermurphy

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Well....

This being said... I would love a large fluffy minor. Perhaps something running side by side with the FC as the "NIT" (NCAA basketball fans know what i am talking about). I am sure logistics would be an utter pain the butt, but it would allow us to call that month "The Biggest Month of Bloodbowl in the World".

__Synn

Alternatively, they could just tattoo a Bloodbowl field on Shadow's back. Then they could lay claim to the "Biggest Bloodbowl Pitch In The World."

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

mistermurphy wrote:
Synn wrote:
Well....

__Synn

Alternatively, they could just tattoo a Bloodbowl field on Shadow's back. Then they could lay claim to the "Biggest Bloodbowl Pitch In The World."

Sad

ImageImage
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

nice to know some pepole like the idea, now all we need is for either angie or christer to sanction the idea, and maybe nab a few pepole to run it...
its going to end the idea with this post heh

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would there be minor tournaments in Ranked? We have Smacks. And if you like tournaments, go to [L]eague. There are tons of tournaments, and some of them are pretty good.

I think 5 Majors is good. And they are for the best teams. I don't want to see that Ranked becomes more like League division. With 10+ tournaments running all the time.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think as a once a year thing, a [R] minor at say TR 200 would be awesome. It could run as Synn suggests, if we had maybe a 128 team straight KO running at the same time as the FUMBBL Cup, that really would be an awesome month.

However, as with the last time a thread like this came up, it's all about fluff / logistics / prizes / staff etc. Put good ideas for that under BigC's nose, and you might get what you want. Very Happy
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that we need people running thier own tournaments in [R].

I don't know what the changes to SMACKS will be be. I hope that there would be a 250 or 225 TR Rumble type tournament.

And again I would have prefrered a big 250 or 225TR tournament instead of a fifth major.

Yeah, I know. Change the record.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You know what. I like the idea. Either that or maybe have some or at least one tournament with different qualifiers. Like one for long lived teams, one for fast application, one for high CR etc. Oh, this have been done before Wink .

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Thorpe.

The 5 majors we have right now are so similar to eachother that I think some more variation might be in order. Playing tournaments is fun after all, but I for one can't be bothered to powerbuild a team until it's good enough to have a chance in a major.

It might even be that introducing even more tournaments to the already full tourney calendar is not the best option. Why not just have different TR or TS caps for the existing majors?

Obviously the UI, being organised by snotty elves, has to remain uncapped and the same goes for the Fumbbl Cup, being the unofficial Fumbbl championship. All other majors could introduce a TR or TS Cap without compromising the tournament themes.

Let's be realistic though. What ever the rules you set for a certain tournament there will always be coaches or races that gain a competitive edge because they are better suited to the rules than others.

Still, I think more variety in the majors would be beneficial to Fumbbl, since right now I find them kinda dull.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
I agree with Thorpe.

youve got a good point, sticking minors alongside the majors would just be overloading the staff, and the caps sound like a good idea, somthing like this MAYBE?

Warpstone Open - TR/TS 250 and Below
Reason: Well, maybe for the fact there getting mutants on the teams, we dont want to be giving TS 300+ teams a bunch of bigger boosts no other team of the same race could imagine, if they build there then sure!

Ulthuan Invitational - TR/TS 200 And Above
Reason: There snooty elves, and elven teams make TR/TS 300+ pretty easy, so why not a cutoff instead of a cap? the armour would make more sense to the major TR/TS players, due to its prestige

Grotty Little Tournament - TR/TS 225 And Below
Reason: Fame and fortune, that spells another payday for the huge teams, it would make more sense to award the up and coming teams the FF boost and the money

Lustrian Challenge - TR/TS 200 And Below
Reason: Lets face it, as much as i like a new major, this one's prize only spells a better than average player, and with no new skills to give it, this would be majorly suited to the teams where it would make a difference, instead of the teams that would stick this with the rest of the "average players"...i know chaos warriors that could get further than this guy

Fumbbl Cup - Open
Reason: It has to be open, fumbbl's world cup is the pinicale of the year, so it needs to have them all