49 coaches online • Server time: 21:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Pie or no pie?
Pie
56%
 56%  [ 25 ]
No pie
43%
 43%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 44

Alibaba

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifiers have started. Lets talk about it. Who will make it throught to the final tournament.

Here is the 1st thoughst after groups were done.

Group 1: Borgen
Group 2: Jesperius
Group 3: malitrius
Group 4: purplegoo or pizzamogul
Group 5: falcone or melmoth
Group 6 : JackDaniels
Group 7: Jokaero
Group 8: Oventa
Group 9: Yo
Group 10: Optihut
Group 11: Ele
Group 12: Soren72
Group 13: Malthor
Group 14: dalibor
Group 15: skeloboy
Group 16: Lewdgrip

Ps. Not mine
Qaz

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In Group 14 I would not count out Emphasy. He has the strongest necro team I have ever seen. 4 tacklers to take care of elfs 2 of the tacklers with calws and one of them with MB to go with the calw. and they have no less than 480k that can put both Rmatut and the count on the field. Dalibors elfs are strong but I think the necroes can beat them.

Look ing at my own chances they are pretty slim facing Malitrius elfs first and elfs again if I manae to slip past them think thouse elfs are too quick for my dwarfs.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

these picks Alibaba told were done by PeteW and its interessitng to see if he is right =)
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I back JB to get out of group 15 personally, and probably PigStar-69 from group 16

Now for both of them to lose in the first round...
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I like Emphasys team too, I hope they win.. you never know
Alibaba

Yes they are done by PeteW Smile
Enar

Obviously I will win group 8.. Very Happy
Borgen

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

PandaPower wrote:
I back JB to get out of group 15 personally, and probably PigStar-69 from group 16

Now for both of them to lose in the first round...

PigStar has a really tough match in his first game against rudinho
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well then, I thank PeteW for the vote of confidence. However, due to the lack of Mighty Blow and Dirty Player on my team - perhaps I can remedy the latter if I manage to win the first game and skill up during it - I have some doubts. But, we shall see, everything is possible on the pitch and I have become a better coach in the meantime. I'm just not sure how well I coach orcs, when I usually put my darkies on the gamefinder.

Last edited by Optihut on %b %11, %2007 - %17:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there is so much that can hapend in game.. We will see how it will go Smile
Goonmeister

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

me to beat borgen i mean come on hes only 100 odd tr ahead of me! Razz
Synn

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Space Reserved for the "Synnful Selection: Qualifier 9"

Sea Serpent Grotto Gators
Vs.
Dragon Kids

Starting off this bracket is a pair of home town favorites in an all lizardman battle. The younger 'Dragon Kids' are packing 13 players.... no DPs... and less cash then the 'Gators'. None the less, in a mirror matchup, you have to look at the potential. The gators are easily giving up a pair of handis and their advantage in skink skills will mean very later when two DT skinks face off. A virus would end this game before it started but expect an offensive showdown.

Synnful Selection: Dragon Kids 3-2
Casline Over/Under: 7

Bogazoo Gangaa
Vs.
Three Rivers Wolves

Another mirror match up as these two human teams square off. The 'Wolves', being the younger team, are individually outclassed by the veteran core of the 'Gangaas'. The difference is how many more 'Wolves' there are. Add to that the uncertainty of hiring stars as well as the three handis, and the favored 'Gangaa' starts to look like a prime target for an upset.

The final factor pushing me in favor of my pick are the 2 star catchers for the 'Wolves'. Provided Ranger keeps them safe, they should be able to keep the 'Wolves' offense competitive.

Synnful Selection: Wolves 3-2 (OT)
Casline Over/Under: 6.5

Blue-Green Coalition
Vs.
Baby Babble

This should be the ugliest match in the group as both teams are walking it at less then 100%. While G-Force's Babies enter loaded with MB, it is countered by a lack of guard. In addition, 3 of his strongest players are all niggled. This is very important as the chaos are giving up a handi as well. While neither team has an overall winning record, The Orcs have had more success against Chaos then the Chaos have had against Orcs. Expect a bloody and ugly match.

Synnful Selection: Blue-Green Coalition 2-0
Casline Over/Under: 8

Yo rcII
Vs.
Skull Crushas

The most interesting match on paper is the third mirror match of this qualifier. Yo RC has had tourney success before as the runner up in the total slaughter known as the UI. Facing off is one of fumbbl's most decorated coaches, Flix.

Cash is clearly in Flix's favor despite having the weaker overall team. Yo RC is loaded with talent as AG 4 and ST 4 Orcs litter his roster. Despite the skill advantage, I am going with the more successful coach.

Synnful Selection: Skull Crushas 2-1 (OT)
Casline Over/Under: 5.5

__Synn

Last edited by Synn on %b %11, %2007 - %23:%Aug; edited 3 times in total
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

"Pizzamogul's Progressive" on Group III.

At the top of the brackets LC Qualifier #3 sees:
Wasser, Malz und Hopfen, a 247/217 Dwarf team with 14 players to field and 120k to spend, against W ell here it is at last,, a 243/213 Orc team also with 14 players available and having 130k in the bank. A very even matchup TR/TS wise at the outset with no handis being given up and only a 4 TS difference between the two before hiring.

I'm going with history to call this one: the Orcs bring an overall 9/10/28 record into the tourney and are 0/1/1 vs. Dwarves in their career. Dwarves are 35/11/13 overall and have played Orcs 10 times previously with a 4/1/5 result.

Prediction: Dwarves in an overtime "Slobberknocker" take down the Orcs, 2-1.

Matchup #2 sees Morgukai, 250/238 Humans with 15 players and 80k up against Bad Man Rising, 254/259 Dark Elves also with 15 players and stashing 30k. Another match that will see no handicaps and one where a hire by the Humans will even up the TS.

The Dark Elves sport 6 blodgers, 2 strip ballers, 2 frenzy, 4 linemen with guard and have everyone healthy. Humans have 3 tacklers to combat the elves, 2 surehanded throwers, can match their guard, and should have a slight strength advantage but they also have 125 spps tied up in two niggled players. This one could be played slow on both sides but the Darkies lack a kicker to place the ball, so my gut tells me the scores may come quickly.

Prediction: Dark Elves take this match 3-2 in regulation with a defensive score and enough surfing to make the Beach Boys croon. Result: Dark Elves win 2-1 in regulation.

Matchup #3 starts off the bottom bracket with Tragic II, a gorgeous 249/229 Orc team with 15 players and 155k to burn, vs. the 1st of two Pro Elf teams in the Qual, We Score More Come Back, 333/252 having 15 players and 90k. Orcs can bring a star to even it up against the Pro Elves who will likely need a wiz for cagebreaking. The 84 TR difference means the elves are going to hand away 4 handicaps - especially dangerous when carrying 3 nigglers.

Orcs sport an amazing 7 players with str 4 plus a troll and maybe a star player for good measure. Pro Elves have slowed down a bit in their old age (4 players with -mv) and have over 500 spps tied up in 5 mega/super stars. Orcs with 3 tacklers and 2 dps must remove the Pro Elf stars before the 2 elf dps can strike back at the tacklers. This one all depends on the Orcs ability to protect the ball with their strength and shatter the av7 of the Pro Elves.

Prediction: Orcs grind out two brutal scores in regulation, but Gary's experience with Pro Elves allows him to score quickly and steal another to send this one to OT. There, an extremely short-handed elf team finally succumbs to the pork 3-2. Result: Pro Elves manage to tie this one up in OT, 3-3, and advance via the coinflip... destroying my bracket picks.

The final pairing is likely my favorite with Nobel Laureates, a Pro Elf team that went deep into the GLT weighing in at a massive 384/304 showing a full 16-elf roster and having 200k to burn up against Clint Eastwood Roles, an Undead, 240/200, 13 players (missing a mummy) but 390k to burn. The 100+ TR difference means the elves will surrender the full 5 handicaps.

On paper, the Undead look completely overmatched and I believe the fanal score will reflect that. However, nobody fouls quite like Manbush and if any of those elves hit the turf they likely won't be getting back up. malitrius's ability to guide his team through this one without many elves missing the next match will play a key role in who comes wins the Qualifier (as he should have those massive Orcs in round #2).

Prediction: Pro Elves pass, steal and score their way to a 3-1 win over the Undead in regulation.

Qual III Lustrian Challenge Representative: My gut tells me Tragic II will have to find a way to lose in order to not take this Qualifier. However, you just can't write off Nobel Laureates' development and how well they executed their gameplan in the GLT - it all hinges on that oh-so-tempermental av7. Is see Bad Man Rising representing the top half of the bracket after giving Wasser, Malz und Hopfen a healthy dose of ag4 medicine.

Finals Prediction: Tragic II over Bad Man Rising.

Last edited by pizzamogul on %b %14, %2007 - %01:%Aug; edited 6 times in total
Qaz

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Group X

LC Group ten is made up of a some pretty classic Major races. Four Dark Elfs, two Orcs, one Chaos and one odd race namely Chewies Pro Elfs. Worth mentioning in this group is Torsoboy’s Communist Party; a frequent name in most Fumbbl majors, although they are looking weeker than normal.

First up is
Dirty to the bone (250/207), coached by Gunslinger vs –ism (266/247), coached by def909

Chaos has two killers with tackle but one is niggled and the rest of the team is not as developed. The Elfs are well developed and Spps spread eavenly out. They come with nine blodgers, have a str four blitzer and a dauntless player to deal with the stronger guys as well as three guarders to assist in the strategic blitz. What can turn the game for the Chaos is their FF in case of GTR, which they should be pretty sure of winning, and then be able to do some real damage. But even with the stars the Chaos might bring, it looks difficult for them taking this one down.

Qaz’s Crazy pick (even though it hurts me to pick against a fellow Dane): –ism 2-1

Game number two
Dark City Comrades (277/261), coached by Hovering vs Electricity (265/248), coached by Ansalon.

All Dark Elf game here. A clash between two strong Dark Elf teams. Both teams are loaded with blodgers as well as low on tackle. Dark City Comrades has two MB players that could do a litle damage, but these are tackleless. Electricity has the only DP, however do not expect it to do too much damage as probably no fouls will go the other way. This will be a high scoring game with low violence and thus the winner will be a strong team for second round.

Qaz´s Crazy pick (here I go witht the Dane): the more developed Dark City Comrades 3-2

Game number three
Tyrant Brigade (281/271), coached by Optihut vs Communist Party (277/233), coached by Torsoboy

Again a mirror match in group no five. Now we have come to a classic Orc match up, but with a slight twist. Communist party comes in without all their normal str upgrades but with a ton of MB and three DPs. Tyrant Brigade brings nothing less than four str upgrades, but two are niggled. They do not have a single MB or DP and are a team built more for playing vs Elfs than against bashers. Both teams lack guard on their Bobs and both have well developed blitzers. Most likely this game will be won by the superior bash of Comunist party, keeping in mind the team’s ag four goblin for TTMs. Coach Optihut has enlisted the help of famed star Morg 'N' Thorg, but roumor has it Torsoboy will bribe Morg to stay out of the battle.

Qaz’s Crazy pick: Communist Party 2-1

Forth and final first round game of LC group X
Eternal Shadows (283/249), coached by fredde_e vs Kopite Kingz (228/223), coached by Chewie

This is an Elf match up, but this time it is Pro Elfs vs Dark Elfs. Eternal Shadows come in as the heavy weight in this match. It is however a tough one to call. The Dark Elf team has no less than five nigglers and the Pro Elf team will receive three handicaps. A virus here could be devastating. Kopite Kingz is not over all well developed and really lacks tackle to stop the Dark Elfs. Their greatest asset lies in their many str upgrades and in one super catcher. They will have to utilise their strong offence as they lack defensive capabilities. The Dark Elfs do lack a DP to deal with Kopite Kingz´s super catcher. Niggle rolls will have a huge influence on this game.

Qaz´s Crazy pick: Eternal Shadows 4-3

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli

Last edited by Qaz on %b %12, %2007 - %01:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2007 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Group 7
Round 1
Traitors ! Mutants ! Commies ! vs Ying Yang Girls
Copycat's rather bashed up chaos can only field 11 players. Lishi's woodies have 13 players, 8 with blodge. Since Copycat has only one tackler, and he doesn't have claw or MB, AND he has no surehands to hide from Lishi's wardancers, I can only predict Lishi to win. Pete's pick: Woodies 3-1 PeteW was very close, real score: 3-1 woodies

Ulthuan Senators vs Freebootaz
SergeiBautin's high elves are a nice team that won't have too much problem scoring, but with not enough cash for a wizzie I can't see them stopping Jokaero's orcs either. Jokaero's loaded DP team should bash up poor old sergei with a win in overtime. Pete's pick: Orcs 3-2 OT PeteW was very close, real result: 3-1 orcs

Great Tear Go vs RagingGoblin's Fury
Not much to see here. Walk_in_the_sun's plucky 8 ogre strong (weak?) team, 3 of which niggled, take on a nice chaos team, coached by Raging Goblin, who has a stack of cash. Easy win for chaos. Pete's pick: Chaos 2-0 PeteW was spot on.

Clockwork Green vs toughnees is being green
This, in my humble opinion, will be the game to watch in this group. Bigkahunna's orcs take on OldBugman's plucky goblins. Sounds like an easy win for the orcs, right? Wrong. Bigkahunna's only tackler is missing the game, and OldBugman has some nice goblins, including3 AG4 stunties and a wadge of cash. I'm going to stick my neck out on this one and give it to the goblins. Pete's pick: goblins 2-1 PeteW was very close, real result 1-0 goblins

So, PeteW correctly predicted all 4 winners. \o/

Round 2
Ying Yang Girls vs Freebootaz
Assuming Lishi managed to survive the chaos with few scars, and gains the 40k for a wizzie, I can see Jokaero having big problems stopping him here. Jokaero has no sure hands to protect himself from the strip ballers which could prove costly. However, Jokaero is a proven player and with some clever use of guard and some nice casualty and foul rolls, Lishi may not have much of a team left. I'm going to predict that Jokaero can hold out till overtime and smash Lishi for the win. Pete's pick: Orcs 3-2 OT

Clockwork Green vs RagingGoblin's Fury
After an impressive win, OldBugman's damaged goblins will have no chance against Raging's chaos. A combination of claw tackle and tentacles will make OldBugman's life a misery. Pete's pick: Chaos 2-1

Final
If I am correct we will see:
Freebootaz vs RagingGoblin's Fury
Both teams are bashy, strong and will still have money left for the final. Should be a great game to watch as two tough teams slug it out. It is a tough game to call, but overall I expect the orcs armour and guard to defeat the chaos claws. Pete's pick: Orcs 2-1

Last edited by PeteW on %b %19, %2007 - %14:%Aug; edited 7 times in total
 Jump to: