51 coaches online • Server time: 23:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Pie or no pie?
Pie
56%
 56%  [ 25 ]
No pie
43%
 43%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 44

Alibaba

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Dead elf is allways good thing. And 2nd dead is even better.
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Gary_Gygax wrote:
pizzamogul wrote:
"Pizzamogul's Progressive" on Group III.

Matchup #3 starts off the bottom bracket with Tragic II, a gorgeous 249/229 Orc team with 15 players and 155k to burn, vs. the 1st of two Pro Elf teams in the Qual, We Score More Come Back, 333/252 having 15 players and 90k. Orcs can bring a star to even it up against the Pro Elves who will likely need a wiz for cagebreaking. The 84 TR difference means the elves are going to hand away 4 handicaps - especially dangerous when carrying 3 nigglers.

Orcs sport an amazing 7 players with str 4 plus a troll and maybe a star player for good measure. Pro Elves have slowed down a bit in their old age (4 players with -mv) and have over 500 spps tied up in 5 mega/super stars. Orcs with 3 tacklers and 2 dps must remove the Pro Elf stars before the 2 elf dps can strike back at the tacklers. This one all depends on the Orcs ability to protect the ball with their strength and shatter the av7 of the Pro Elves.

Prediction: Orcs grind out two brutal scores in regulation, but Gary's experience with Pro Elves allows him to score quickly and steal another to send this one to OT. There, an extremely short-handed elf team finally succumbs to the pork 3-2.

I totally agree with pizza and I add I will suffer at least 8 cas (including 3 rips) Wink

I cant believe: We Score More Come Back vs Tragic II

I won that game on a coin toss!!!!!!!!!!!
That's probably my first ever coin toss win on fumbbl Smile

The game had several reload problems but at the end the elves escaped with an amazing win, especially considering the only rip was apothed and all the other cas were BH Very Happy

HURRAH!!!!
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Gary_Gygax wrote:

Sad

In NCAA basketball tourney pools, Gary_Gygax's team is what's know as a "bracket buster."

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2007 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Gary_Gygax wrote:
We Score More Come Back vs Tragic II[/url]

That's probably my first ever coin toss win on fumbbl Smile

The game had several reload problems but at the end the elves escaped with an amazing win, especially considering the only rip was apothed and all the other cas were BH Very Happy

HURRAH!!!!

yeah but was an enjoyable game =)
gratz =)
KFoged

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2007 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Enar wrote:
Obviously I will win group 8.. Very Happy

Maybe, but one thing is sure now Wink Oventa will not win the group.

Good luck with your game,

KFoged
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2007 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth wrote:
my Picks:

8. Kfoged

melmoth took the better pick at least up to now Wink
Bloodoholic

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2007 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

LoA ftw

synn i think will win!
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2007 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see synn winning his 1st game and then killind that DE and then lose to em Smile So that there would be crippled DE in the groups final
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2007 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Melmoth - don;t forget to factor my noobluck into your group 4 prediction!

Counting on the same in Group 5Wink
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2007 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way: @Staff: How about making the LC Threads sticky instead of those GLTs?
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2007 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth, I am counting on the same thing with my picks Wink
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2007 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
Gary_Gygax wrote:

Sad

In NCAA basketball tourney pools, Gary_Gygax's team is what's know as a "bracket buster."

I love it! I'm a basketball fanatic and player Smile
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2007 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Alibaba wrote:
Melmoth, I am counting on the same thing with my picks Wink

i guess it was a lucky one-day-pick as you can see it the group of jimjo who lost Wink
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2007 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If Gunslinger repeats that beatdown in second round, I can't help but think of him as the favorite to win group X. Either the Communist Party wins the second round vs. elves and faces a similar team with the added benefits of a deep treasury while the Party is short on cash, or the Party loses and Dirty to the Bone gets three elves in a row - leaving them unscathed to the main draw. The Party vs Dirty to the Bone would be the game to watch though - at least 8 dp between the two of us. Very Happy

Of course, there is always the very real possibility of both elves advancing to the finals... in which case the team that got less beaten up wins.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2007 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier XI
The Group of the "orkish Elves" and wannabes

Round 1
Skins and Scales vs Super Rats 2nd XI
A nasty and bashy matchup. Both teams have potential killers in their teams. Especially this vermin. So in the end it depends on the cas the Lizzis are able to cause. When the rats are able to stay on the pitch they should win this match with their OneTurner
3-2 for the rats.

More Germany against the World lost already to Gentle Bowlers
2-1

Good man Truman Capote vs Bitter Elves
I would like to see more Humans participating in the Major, but this matchup should be won clearly by the Darkelves. Whatever the Humans try the Delfs are better in comparison.
2-0 for the Bitter Elves

Homicidal Maniacs vs Underworld Blades
All Orc and Elf haters gather and shout vs these two players Grumblak and Angrzbar. These 2 players will do their job for Markusen. Allthough Underworld Blades has some nice players too, its unlikely the stand a chance vs these wannbes!
3-2 for the Wannabes

Round 2
Super Rats 2nd XI vs Gentle Bowlers
This time the rats will win again but BudSpencer will maim them. His supreme machine to do is John Cleese. But now he wont be that hilarious at least not for the rats, Specs are welcome! Two claw+rsc players will do a lot of harm, at least we will hope for that! Twisted Evil but in the end the OneTurner will win this match for the rats!
3-1 for the rats

Bitter Elves vs Homicidal Maniacs
Another game: Delfs vs Orcs. but the Delfs have 3 times MB and the Orcs 2 ag5 players. 2 top coaches will meet on the pitch. Specs come to see a hard and narrow game. the ball is nowhere safe and in the end luck and cas taken by both teams will decide.
3-2 for the Maniacs in OT

Qualifying Final
Super Rats 2nd XI vs Homicidal Maniacs
After being maimed in the last match the orcs will have a numerical advantage after a few turns, which will win the match for them.
2-1 for Markusen

done by melmoth and myself
 Jump to: