14 coaches online • Server time: 06:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2007 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I beat Halflings! My odds must now be shortening!

Razz
Ash

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2007 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
JackDaniels Lustrian winning team could be in trouble, aparently they drew 6 DP khemri. He'll win but at what cost?

I will not bet on this one. Of course he s a good coach and he has an amazing team. But he s gonna concede no less than 5 handicaps this game and MPC is not a noob.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2007 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Damnit, f0rd is out=(

malitrius wrote:
Who will win?

A quick look!

Emphasy and JackDaniels probably have the two nastiest teams, while still being good coaches.

f0rd with his orcs will be though. Jokaeros and Johans orcs are good too.

JanMattys and Hank with their humans stand a chance.

In the elf department we got Falcone, Woodstock, PeteW, Fisherking ...

Others include Booahl and his skavens as always:)

I vote f0rd, for no apparent reason other than its a wild guess;)
Oli_B

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Quarters

Bogazoo Gangaa vs Rest in Pixels!

nagaroth freestyllers
vs Cintra

Vicious Acts vs Competitive Eaters

Chaotic Supastarz vs Grim Midget Squad
Oli_B

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I speculate the semis will be:

Rest in Pixels vs nagaroth freestyllers
Competitive Eaters vs Chaotic Supastarz

And in the final
nagaroth freestyllers vs Competitive Eaters

I think nagaroth freestyllers have got a good chance to win provided they go into the game with a relatively full side, a couple of nice handicaps and a wizard.... (and some luck)
One game at a time i guess though.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have to disagree with Oli_B here.

- Cintra to win is the safest bet in the round, as Linfalass is the superior coach IMHO.
- Gangaa v Rest in Pixels is a very interesting bet. The humans can hire the Count and thus negate the basic undead game plan. JB should win anyway though, jimjo only has 12 players at his disposal. Fun to see humans in the quarterfinals btw.
- The Eaters have the edge in their game, but I think JD is facing his toughest challenge yet against the DP-undead-with-Count. 5 handicaps will take out some of his players and the undead will take out some more. If it's enough to bring the game the OT, the Eaters could be going out. Still, it's hard to bet against a 352/314 Dorf team.
- Supastarz v Midget Squad looks like the closest call, but I'm putting my money on j0de. I know him to be a very good bashing coach, while Kamahl is a dark horse to me.

I predict the semis to be JB v Linfalass and JD v j0de, then Linfalass v JD in the final.

-------------------------------------------

Btw, for the people's choice award I will never vote for a team that does not write anything in their FC match reports. Even if you perceive your english to be less than perfect, I for one would really appreciate the show of effort of at least a few lines about how you feel about playing a match in the largest BB tournament in the world ever. Especially in the later stages.
Plorg

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:
- The Eaters have the edge in their game, but I think JD is facing his toughest challenge yet against the DP-undead-with-Count.

Note that JD's Dwarfves also have Zara the Slayer (of Undead).
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I stand by my first round guess, the "Eaters" will win this one also. No fast teams fast enough left, and no bashers bashy enough left
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2007 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, Midgets lost their Troll! That pretty much brings an end to the bank account. Still a lot of hard players there, but.....

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2007 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, not sure he will invest in a stupid troll at this stage. Better just hire the fat BC

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2007 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I know. I was saying Hhthark is necessary without the Troll, and THAT will run him down. Barely able to fill the field anymore with players.

EDIT:: I'm assuming they'll face the 'Eaters, btw.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2007 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

* Petter has joined #fumbblmajors
<Petter> is there a forum thread with schedule for the remaining FC games somewhere?
* Petter is lazy
<p4m> yes there is but noone is putting their dats into
<p4m> dates*
<Petter> ok =(
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2007 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played against only three of the coaches. Once vs J0de, twice vs JackDaniels and thrice vs Jimjo - all those matches were lost. So while not looking at teams at all, my experience tells me that the coachname of the FC winner will start with a 'J'.

Jump to: