44 coaches online • Server time: 19:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post 14 Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a thread where us much-maligned human coaches can talk about our match-ups, and goals, and offer each other encouragement.

Round 1:

My Blue Bombers http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=132420

Are up against Xenon's DBZ Tenkaichi http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=311877

I have always praised the high MV of humans, and against these guys, that could be enough to get the needed scores to head to round 2! I am a bit worried about the bashing side, lots of Armour and MB dwarves. I might take out the hobbos, but the way these boys are built, that's not going to hamper them!

What's everyone else got on their plate?

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Booo

I got a human derby Sad

No matter if I win or Brad does, Either the Hellfish or the Power of Pro does. Either way, a human team is out first round.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Geat News, and Bad News for the Humans.

Good News - We can Guarantee some Humans in the Second Round.
Bad News - Either Brad's Power of Pro or JanMatty's Fighting Hellfish will be gone after the first round.

2 Evenly matched teams, More Skill and Practice with Humans from Jan, More Depth in the Positionals from Brad. Both Teams bring Huge Bank accounts to the Cup, but it would be such a shame to burn over 400k from two great human teams in the first round.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the same and announce I will NOT buy any star in the game.
My word.
No pre-match agreement. Now you can choose to go for the overkill or do the same.

I don't think there's much sense in burning all of our cash for nothing. Since pre-game agreements are a violation of the rules, I declare unilateral decision not to bring a Star in the first round of the FC.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi's Stoutland Raiders are in it rough, to.... Maybe they can kill a few elves to help one of us in the future.

P.S. I love you both for trying!

P.P.S. Brad, you may have my problem with lack of tacklers if we come up against elves.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Jan / Brad's Game is on right Now

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yikes! And me at work where I can't spectate. Ludovicious is also fighting for our honour, currently!

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Lavino Fighting Hellfishes - Power of Pro 2-1

Awful dice for Brad. I got Get the Ref in the first half, succeeded in arguing a call two times, and intercepted a safethrow pass in the second half, securing my win.
Brad performed a neat oneturn Td in turn 5 second half, but it was too late for the tide to turn.

The Hellfish goes to round 2 skilling a catcher for Divingtackle, getting 80k for a grand total of 240k, and with a perfectly healthy team.
Go Hellfishes!

ps: kudos to Brad for his extreme sportmanship in front of less-than-unlucky dice...

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats to Jan for the victory!

Delinquents are facing a good undead team with 3 dps, developed ghouls and wights, and the count to top the cake: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=375629

The coach also looks like he knows how to play them.

Anyway, im considering cancelling out his count by hiring him also, the other option is of course Zara (spending money seems a good idea).

So help my out here, fellow humans, Zara or Count?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say Zara + Wizard. You are going to get the count in the open with a wiz, sooner or later, and you will be able to take him down.
Counter-hiring the count is expensive, but Zara might be able to deal far more damage and will also make her the absolute primary target for your opponent, driving his attention off your guys.

As for the Wizard... well, you will be giving nice Handis, so I think you need a way to counter them. 3 handis can really kill your best chances.

Mean draw for you. Looks like the guy really knows how to play those undead.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Get the count! Just so that he won't have access to that autowin creature Very Happy
He is obiously using the classic UD tactic based around the count as the ball carrier and lots of fouls after mumie blitzes.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Id say Zara, +2 on a those deadies could really cause some pain, undead arent super av'ed anyway.

oh and btw, grats to Decker and Jan!

ps: a wizard might just be what you need to turn round the game, but don't use it the way I did last night Very Happy
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hellfishes second game vs Steelthunder's CDs tonight around 22:00 bb time

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Commandos would have had a chance of some kind at least if we hadn't lost our st5 blockle lineman last game to a tripleskull last turn block Smile

Now one humie team (that is BC Commando) is going home against BooAhl's rats.

But I'll buy Morg and Zug so maybe I can at least inflict some damage Smile
razta

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2007 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hammarby wishes all you other humans good luck! Sadly we wasent able to play this one due to abit low # of players and abit bashed to bits Smile

next major they will be in fightingshape thou
 Jump to: