74 coaches online • Server time: 23:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you feel about the Fumbbl Tour?
Sweet! One to show off coaching skill.
43%
 43%  [ 38 ]
Meh, it's not a major.
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Yuck, more powergaming just on a smaller scale.
26%
 26%  [ 23 ]
I'm waiting for the Great Fumbbl Pie Bake-Off!
21%
 21%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 87

JB

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2008 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

look at the tours schedule (which I believe is also the reason for the limited spots) ... the idea behind this is that you have a "tour champion" at the end of the year based on those points.

Speaking of this, I would like to see some kind of preference of coaches who already have gained tourpoints in the current running cycle. The reason for this is that the limited places could probably mean that the "top coaches" of the tour miss a tournament or two because they did not apply quickly enough or something. Of course this will only make sense if the tour becomes popular, but as past experiences with new R tournaments show it most likely will be.
phil78

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2008 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I assume coaches can claim points throughout the year with a prize for the overall tour winner(most points) hence the bit about points being allocated to coaches not teams.

On another note can we apply yet?
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

phil78 wrote:

On another note can we apply yet?

banner on the overview says that Tour applications are open

Arctaeus

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I applied with a 135.

Would be nice to finally get a taste of ranked competition. But if it has to be nearer 150 I might try to squeeze in another game with them tonight.

A question though - i've applied already thinking that its based on the time of the application rather than the TR which makes it more likely to get accepted. If i play a game with my 135TR team before the draw is made, will I still count as a 135 team for my possible acceptance in the tour or will I count as, say, a 145 TR team (if i get 10 TR after this next game)?

Cheers Smile
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

there is no way to track when you had how much tr in the application list. so the tr will be taken into account at the time the set up is made.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
Unstoffe- as I understand it, each wednesday at midnight scheduled SMACKs are started where there are enough applicants and the remaining teams (eg in TR brackets without enough teams) are removed. IE you need to apply each week if you continue to not be put in one.

At least that's what it looks like for me with a few teams who didn't get a SMACK after applying never getting one out of the blue since.

Funnily enough my dark elves have just been put in a scheduled SMACK - they applied before christmas. So I guess I was wrong, once you apply they stay applied.
Arctaeus

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
there is no way to track when you had how much tr in the application list. so the tr will be taken into account at the time the set up is made.

Excellent. I'll get a game in with my team over the weekend to get them closer to the magic 150.

Thanks for your reply Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
clarkin wrote:
Unstoffe- as I understand it, each wednesday at midnight scheduled SMACKs are started where there are enough applicants and the remaining teams (eg in TR brackets without enough teams) are removed. IE you need to apply each week if you continue to not be put in one.

At least that's what it looks like for me with a few teams who didn't get a SMACK after applying never getting one out of the blue since.

Funnily enough my dark elves have just been put in a scheduled SMACK - they applied before christmas. So I guess I was wrong, once you apply they stay applied.

It would be very useful to be able to see group applications that have not yet been accepted. And be able to cancel them.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
I believe that 32 miss out. As far as i understand....

- Every two months there is a single tournament.
- Each tournament holds x teams where x is the greatest power of two (not greater than 64) that can be accomidated with the applicants
- All the applicants are sorted by TR, the highest get the places.

If it got to 128 would be good to have two tournaments maybe split by TR like the WO.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe at this TR category splitting up the group wouldnt make that much sense - at least I dont believe that we would see more than a max of 20 TR difference even if 128 applied ... and I dont think that a 135 TR team would be that much worse than a 145 one
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

True, probably not much difference.

By TS might be nice though Smile

Might encourage some coaches whose teams are not quite ready.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfling and goblin teams would like that too.

The Boyz
Arctaeus

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

So, do people think that it won't just be 150 TR that will be applying to the tour?
spiggle

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Reality of this is that there are 233 teams with a TR currently of 150.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&group=&race=&order=&nav=1&start=757

That is not counting the ones above it that can trim down or not discounting multiple teams.

I'll let others do the maths. I know i've applied with a TR150 team

Get Orcs Out of Faction.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2008 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

What I would be wondering about is if the points coaches get for their achivements are corrected according to the difficulty values for the different races at the 150-ish range.

That way the winner would not always have to be the undeads.

Would be a nice way to promote racial diversity on the tour if it was feasible.