48 coaches online • Server time: 00:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you feel about the Fumbbl Tour?
Sweet! One to show off coaching skill.
43%
 43%  [ 38 ]
Meh, it's not a major.
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Yuck, more powergaming just on a smaller scale.
26%
 26%  [ 23 ]
I'm waiting for the Great Fumbbl Pie Bake-Off!
21%
 21%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 87

koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know how many teams have signed up for the tour so far?

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

nin wrote:
I supose that caped tr150 is for aplication, like in smacks

...and someone knows what are those points mentioned in the prices:
Quote:
PRIZES
Dynamic gold (This will alter, dependent on tournament size)Gold winnings per round:
8 teams (3 rounds) 5000 10000 20000
16 teams (4 rounds) 15000 15000 25000 50000
32 teams (5 rounds) 20000 25000 35000 50000 100000
64 teams (6 rounds) 15000 20000 25000 35000 50000 100000
and +1 FF to the tournament winner.
Tour points will be allocated as follows:
Winner 15 points.
Runner up 10 points
Losing Semi Finalist 5 points.
Points are allocated to the coach not the team

it's a ko tournament, so I can't wonder what are they for.

well if i understand the announcement right u may try to enter all of the 6 fummbll tour tournament sof the year (each with a TR less than 150 team). coach who gets most points in all tournaments gets the pie.
Reisender

Post 9 Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
nin wrote:
I supose that caped tr150 is for aplication, like in smacks

...and someone knows what are those points mentioned in the prices:
Quote:
PRIZES
Dynamic gold (This will alter, dependent on tournament size)Gold winnings per round:
8 teams (3 rounds) 5000 10000 20000
16 teams (4 rounds) 15000 15000 25000 50000
32 teams (5 rounds) 20000 25000 35000 50000 100000
64 teams (6 rounds) 15000 20000 25000 35000 50000 100000
and +1 FF to the tournament winner.
Tour points will be allocated as follows:
Winner 15 points.
Runner up 10 points
Losing Semi Finalist 5 points.
Points are allocated to the coach not the team

it's a ko tournament, so I can't wonder what are they for.

well if i understand the announcement right u may try to enter all of the 6 fummbll tour tournament sof the year (each with a TR less than 150 team). coach who gets most points in all tournaments gets the pie.

ME will read whole topics in the future, avoiding to answer questions already answered...

*shuts up.... Embarassed
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

160+ last i heard but i think it unlikely anyonw will be disclosing TR (gonna need to be 150 on the nose for sure) or who the fastest 64 were.

those first 64 have until noon wednesday to hit 150 and keep the rest out.

AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

so pls could anyone explain, what this means?
Im sry, but i dont'understand this, while I try the best Sad

"Runner up 10 points" How I could win these points?

---> I have proven the opposite!
JoseBagg

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

by losing the championship game of the tournament
JoseBagg

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
koadah wrote:

160+ last i heard but i think it unlikely anyonw will be disclosing TR (gonna need to be 150 on the nose for sure) or who the fastest 64 were.

those first 64 have until noon wednesday to hit 150 and keep the rest out.

I am 150 on the nose. If I don't get into the tournament, then the whole thing is just another sham and I won't try ever again.
Juff

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JoseBagg wrote:
I am 150 on the nose. If I don't get into the tournament, then the whole thing is just another sham and I won't try ever again.

Riiiiight. I've applied with a TR 150 team. If I don't get in, I understand that 64 people were faster than me, in accordance with the rules outlined *before* anyone applied.

However, if this is as popular as it appears, is there any chance of the staff increasing this to 128 (256!?) teams?
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Juff wrote:
JoseBagg wrote:

Riiiiight. I've applied with a TR 150 team. If I don't get in, I understand that 64 people were faster than me, in accordance with the rules outlined *before* anyone applied.

However, if this is as popular as it appears, is there any chance of the staff increasing this to 128 (256!?) teams?

Maybe we should wait for a few tour events being completed before speaking of how popular ist is?
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... in dont know, whit which TR i have applied....
but now the team has 150.

So what counts...: THe applied team with its 143 or whatever TR or the actual stats?

---> I have proven the opposite!
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

AoP-Vimes wrote:

So what counts...: THe applied team with its 143 or whatever TR or the actual stats?

You will have applied a single team. You can check which team has applied by going to apply again and seeing which team is missing from the list. Remember that you can only apply once though.

the TR at the date of your application is irrelevant, only the TR at the time the draw is made is applicable.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

AoP-Vimes wrote:

I'd expect the TR when the tournament kicks off. Who wants to keep track of original TRs. I applied with 149 but have now bumped to 150.

Arcon wrote:
Juff wrote:
JoseBagg wrote:

Maybe we should wait for a few tour events being completed before speaking of how popular ist is?

People want to know their chances of actually taking part so nothing is gained by waiting. i.e. should they pimp their team to 150? Will only be 64 teams be accepted? Are there already 64 150TR teams?

If we already have 160+ teams then that is enough for two 64 team events and not far from three.

If only 64 teams total will be accepted out of 160+ then the Tour title is probably not worth bothering with.

I hope we have enough staff for all this.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

well when i applied my team was TR145, now it's 151 so i still need to sort it out. I am pretty confident that when i applied puts me in the first 64 so as long as i can get to 150TR then i'm in.
If you are on 150 by noon wednesday but don;t get into the tour then I see you have too options:
1. apply faster next time
2. throw a little baby tantrum and take your ball home - don't bother trying again.

It's each individuals choice bu tif you don't even apply next time then you are guarantedd to miss out on a slot. hey if the 100+ that miss out all take the baby option then it will mean more chance of a sot for sub 150 teams or slower applicants Smile

koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
well when i applied my team was TR145, now it's 151 so i still need to sort it out. I am pretty confident that when i applied puts me in the first 64 so as long as i can get to 150TR then i'm in.
If you are on 150 by noon wednesday but don;t get into the tour then I see you have too options:
2. throw a little baby tantrum and take your ball home - don't bother trying again.

It's each individuals choice bu tif you don't even apply next time then you are guarantedd to miss out on a slot. hey if the 100+ that miss out all take the baby option then it will mean more chance of a sot for sub 150 teams or slower applicants Smile

Looking at it as a stand alone tournament it is not really a problem if lots of people don't get in.

As a series of six tournaments it is not very appealing if your chances of winning are dictated by whether you are available at a certain time just to apply and can hit 150 on the nose.

After all the moaning about uber team building I was hoping that this would be more open to the ordinary coaches who don't get to play a lot of games.

My team was 149. Not bad for a 150 tournament I thought.
After these discussions I figured that I had better try to get to 150.
With maybe no time for more games, appo gone and only 11 players I admit that I wussed out and stalled the last three turns to limit my opponent to one hit per turn. Not fun for my opponent.

So, if it is going to be very difficult just to get in then I will probably take option 2 and stick to [L] tournaments. That is if I get in this time or not.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
G_Force wrote:

Looking at it as a stand alone tournament it is not really a problem if lots of people don't get in.

As a series of six tournaments it is not very appealing if your chances of winning are dictated by whether you are available at a certain time just to apply and can hit 150 on the nose.

After all the moaning about uber team building I was hoping that this would be more open to the ordinary coaches who don't get to play a lot of games.

My team was 149. Not bad for a 150 tournament I thought.
After these discussions I figured that I had better try to get to 150.
With maybe no time for more games, appo gone and only 11 players I admit that I wussed out and stalled the last three turns to limit my opponent to one hit per turn. Not fun for my opponent.

So, if it is going to be very difficult just to get in then I will probably take option 2 and stick to [L] tournaments. That is if I get in this time or not.

I agree with what you are saying I will probably keep applying whether i get in or not as i am a tournament junky Smile If you are not in it already then i suggest you check out OCCS i think it is right up your street.

Jump to: