63 coaches online • Server time: 22:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you feel about the Fumbbl Tour?
Sweet! One to show off coaching skill.
43%
 43%  [ 38 ]
Meh, it's not a major.
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Yuck, more powergaming just on a smaller scale.
26%
 26%  [ 23 ]
I'm waiting for the Great Fumbbl Pie Bake-Off!
21%
 21%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 87

JB

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2008 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

its unlikely to get 90k in the first game though - so two games without the count would naturally also result in more dead/injured permanent team members .... both teams are good but I'd prefer the count

and regarding PeteW Chaos: yes they are in good shape especially for a chaos team at this TR but - no tackle, only one CW and 12 players ... Pete might play well but his team is definitly not a favorite to me.

I didnt take a closer look at the other teams yet, but one thing I am sure about is that seeding will be important because of the diversity of races
Anthalas

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2008 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming ff 9+ for both teams the winner will get (1D6+5)x10K for the first round (including the 20k for round 1) So getting 90K+ is 50/50. Is that defined as unlikely?
Flix

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2008 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

specialy without the cap of 150Tr for each game, some teams get very very strong
JB

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2008 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Anthalas wrote:
Assuming ff 9+ for both teams the winner will get (1D6+5)x10K for the first round (including the 20k for round 1) So getting 90K+ is 50/50. Is that defined as unlikely?

yes since you calculation is a bit wrong:
combined FF 18 - average gate (3,5 per FF) = 63k

at TR 150 this is 1 D6 +2 (+1 for winning the game otherwise the whole discussion is useless in the first place) ... 6,5 k winning average

and note: next gate braket is at 59k or 60k ... so a bit below average FF rolling and you just lost 10k in your example

but even in the above example you would need a 6 and win the game to get 90k ... so yes unlikely imho, since I dont like relying on rolling a 6 Wink
Anthalas

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2008 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I included the 20k for winning first round of the tour
Flix

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2008 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl Tour will end in a Star massaker
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2008 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

JB wrote:
its unlikely to get 90k in the first game though - so two games without the count would naturally also result in more dead/injured permanent team members .... both teams are good but I'd prefer the count

and regarding PeteW Chaos: yes they are in good shape especially for a chaos team at this TR but - no tackle, only one CW and 12 players ... Pete might play well but his team is definitly not a favorite to me.

I didnt take a closer look at the other teams yet, but one thing I am sure about is that seeding will be important because of the diversity of races

hehehehe. I entered my chaos for fun. JB is right - I won;t win. One of the pimped dwarf or undead teams will win it.

pigstar-69's team is good, and he has the skills to match.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2008 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

With all these nice prepared teams in it I get the feeling I should have tried to prepare a team myself instead of just applying with the one that happened to have TR150.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2008 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hedge Fond Locusts will win. They have the highest total speed of all commited undead teams. %)

JoseBagg

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2008 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I built my team specific for the Tour. I am not a good coach, so I don't expect to win the tourney, but I do expect to win a game or two.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2008 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, heres my take on the kind of team I expect to win a tour.

5 rounds from 6 rounds changes things a bit, it starts to favour teams that have early initial cash quite a bit more than it might. However my original conclusion still holds:
- almost all the high cash teams will get through the first round.
- the teams which will easily be strongest in 5 rounds time will be those that started with a solid teambuild and hopefully a good distribution of skills.
- any team with no money could easily find itself in trouble with a bad draw, if it faces money it'll be done for (probably)
- equally with a good draw the stronger teambuilds will gain enough cash quickly enough to field a few stars, all the time their squad will be growing stronger than the starstruck teams
- a tough teambuild with a bit of initial cash probably has the highest chance of doing very well but is sub-optimal for actually claiming the title, an all or nothing route is likely to win, I'd guess the tough team with no cash but a good draw.
- all this becomes irrelevant when Hogshine is playing PeteW.

Based on personal preference I chose the middle ground. I think the high cash teams will burn out by round 3 or 4 but will power through 1 and 2.

Hat Haters

PS I expect the winners to be in the elite/legend borderline by the end.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Arctaeus

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2008 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like I need to prepare my team a little better before a tour.
I mean.. a team rating 150 team after 14 games? Takes a good team buider to do that.
I played 6. Lol.

Next time i'll meta game a proper team. I will.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2008 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Woha!

I am still in!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2008 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
Woha!

I am still in!

we could meet...Only if I win next match though
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2008 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth wrote:
Arcon wrote:
Woha!

I am still in!

we could meet...Only if I win next match though

Yeah, maybe.
Be sure I will have a wizard and Zara with her stakes with me..
Wink

But, will that be enough?? Question
 Jump to: