44 coaches online • Server time: 16:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Julia

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally i love seeing those big teams clash and hammer eachother, but i also feel like they can... somewhat hide during the day to day. and we got something called fumbbl smack, and those are also realy cool, what i would like to suggest is something like this:

you need to "buy" your ticket to enter the Fumbblcup

You do that with credits earned from winning minors Like smack and such, i hope that could bring more life to more minor tounements, and then also the ones that entered would have "earned" the teams entry...

how about it Very Happy
Popcorn

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, i like it! :]
No more team conservation \o/
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

heh not that bad an idea really
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds good
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, enough ppl interested in the Smacks as it is me thinks. The Big ones should be open for all that makes the TR cut, nothing more.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

That was kinda the point, to make minors interesting again

Julia

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2008 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

and then reading again, enough you say, cant be enough tounement playes tbh !

Gracehoper

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2008 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it sounds pretty good, but aren't there some obvious problems? First of all there might not be enough teams for the FC - the teams who have won a smack, are in good shape and wants to be in the FC are not that many. And secondly you could basicly just win a Rookie Smack and elfbowl from there. And then we are no further.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2008 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Winning a Smack as an entry would make the Fumbbl Cup go from the largest Blood Bowl tournament to one of the smallest, hehe.

It wouldn't really solve much problems either, because there would be plenty of time to cherrypick a super team for most of the Smack winners anyway.

Maybe there could be a "Champion's League" type of tournament with this type of entry demand though. It certainly would make the Smacks more popular. Throw in some juicy price and it could be a really fun tournament.
Panda_

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2008 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Julia wrote:
Personally i love seeing those big teams clash and hammer eachother, but i also feel like they can... somewhat hide during the day to day. and we got something called fumbbl smack, and those are also realy cool, what i would like to suggest is something like this:

you need to "buy" your ticket to enter the Fumbblcup

You do that with credits earned from winning minors Like smack and such, i hope that could bring more life to more minor tounements, and then also the ones that entered would have "earned" the teams entry...

how about it Very Happy

That's why there is qualifiers.
Also, those team didn't hide. Most of their ranking was build during the fumbbl birthday. But don't be sad. They will fall down soon.

There is a major drawback in your idea. There will be many team that will join the smack only to be build, you know those who don't want to win but only to build some skills on casualties and win a few money. This "second" qualifier would be easy as there will be more of it.
You also have to play a lot more before being able to play the major. Ok, that's not really an issue as elfbowlers won't have major worth team built on 15 games. But you need a lot of time to play those minors + team building before smack + team building after smack. I do think it increase the cherrypicking evilness.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2008 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Confused Sorry, the idea is well intended but I dont think its good. The majors are open to all for a reason and thats to get the community together and provide some fun for all, well, all that want it. SMACK winners are already the kind of coaches who really benefit from a major because they have tournament practice and well toned teams so can go quite far.

I don't think that it deals with the problem either and I don't think that keeping teams "saved" is such a problem. I think that, provided they havent been played in a cheesy way, saving the team just makes the majors even more outrageously cool.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
ProPain

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2008 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Build on the idea before you pull it down... A flawed idea will fail of its own accord, but when someone tries to offer an improvement, its a good trait to try to improve upon it aswell.

The orginal idea seems - win tickets for majors by winning minors...
Perhaps the idea of winning minors is a bit flawed, but the buying tickets has possibilty.
Any constructive ideas? (remember constrcutive criticism ADDS to the foundation, not just reinforces it with good will)
Idolen

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2008 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is a good idea to be able to "win" a place in one of the Majors. Not neceserally the Cup. But for us poor chums that dont have the time to play alot of smacks. ( Or the skills to win one ) Still must be eligble to play in the Majors... Not much constructive critisicm there tho... keep putting in some brain work here... Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2008 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

What if there are simply ways to guarantee a spot for yourself? Not that only people with these other wins could participate, but that they can for sure if they want to. Up the level of competition, so to speak.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2008 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

there's a slight catch to the whole "securing" a spot thing...

the original idea encourages teams to not go into hiding in between majors just to preserve their boosted status...

how many of these teams that go into hiding are in the position of *not* making a tourney based on the typical acceptance reasons(TR)?

prime example....lewdgrip's chaos...(that ironically enough, his boosting didn't help one bit, and probably contributed to him getting ixnayed first round of the WO...HA HA!!)....

how many people really think lewdgrip's chaos are threatened with not being accepted to any tourney that they apply to?....

so if that's the case, where's the incentive to take part in a "ticket" situation, or an event that guarantees their participation?...

maybe the majors need to look towards alternative requirements for entry that don't revolve around TR or CR based?

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: