45 coaches online • Server time: 17:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xcver

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw that a game was Conceded in a Minors TR125 game. Orcs vs. Zons yesterday. The Zons had the ref and the Orcs some pretty horrible dice and suddenly in the orcs offense turn 4 the orc player conceded though there were only 2 orcs KO and twas still 0:0.

As far as I understand the new concession rules that concession in itself is not OK, but will this result in a sanction for the tournament (like in the RRR where you are not allowed to play for some time when you concede a game)?

I think it should because imho a concession is unfair to the other contestants which is true even more so in a low TR tourney like this.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I was speccing that game, as I know the guy who ended up conceding. As far as punishments go, I think the rules are fairly clear for teams conceding.

I would say that he didn't concede because his team had been beaten up horribly. His opponent was playing extremely slowly, and he asked if he could play any faster because he had other things that he had to do. He got no response, and his opponent didn't speed up, so I guess he had to concede for RL reasons.

The rules are the rules, so I guess he will get a ban from tournaments for a while.
xcver

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Wilf wrote:
I was speccing that game, as I know the guy who ended up conceding. As far as punishments go, I think the rules are fairly clear for teams conceding.

I would say that he didn't concede because his team had been beaten up horribly. His opponent was playing extremely slowly, and he asked if he could play any faster because he had other things that he had to do. He got no response, and his opponent didn't speed up, so I guess he had to concede for RL reasons.

The rules are the rules, so I guess he will get a ban from tournaments for a while.

Ok, So I'll better not Concede myself if I want to play some tournaments Smile

Damn those slow players Smile maybe we really should implement a 3 min time limit instead of those 4 for tournaments Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

xcver wrote:

Ok, So I'll better not Concede myself if I want to play some tournaments Smile

Damn those slow players Smile maybe we really should implement a 3 min time limit instead of those 4 for tournaments Razz

Make it 2 minutes!!!!!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want make it 1 minute ... or wait, why not just play an SFC?

People should not start games without allowing enough time to play it really. I guess what this guy should have done was ask for a continuation another day.

But I do agree, concessions in a tournament, especially one with a TR limit, can cause a huge and unfair advantage for the other teams in the tourney.
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

concessions are allowed, except rrr
at any other tourney i know they are allowed.
and till this is changed he can concede Smile
xcver

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Vanguard wrote:

but since the concession is against the fumbbl rules for conceding games the punishment could be basically anything

fumbbl rules wrote:
Violating the above rules may result in various consequences. This includes but is not limited to account blocking, warnings, team retirement and ranking reset. The actual punishment is dealt with on a case to case basis and depends on the gravity of the violation.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Vanguard wrote:

You're behind the times. They're not allowed in Ranked or on FUMBBL in general, except as follows:

site rules wrote:
* Concessions are to be made only when there is merit for them.
* In this context, merit means that the conceding team needs a reasonable in-game reason for conceding. The team taking excessive casualties is one acceptable reason to concede. Other reasons include having a very distinct lack of players left to play with, or being clearly outplayed in terms of touchdowns.
* Conceding when none of the above circumstances are fulfilled will require admin approval.

However, while the generic sanction could be applied to someone who conceded in a Ranked tournament (as in the example quoted), there is no tournament-specific sanction (except for the RRR, as you point out).

Given the addition of the general concession rule, it does seem that it would make sense to add a tournament-specific rule as well (eg, banned from next x tournaments or next x weeks for a concession which does not meet any of the above in-game criteria).

Note: I suspect that this is only going to become more of an issue given the larger number of Ranked tournaments that exist now (and that the general concession rule is still relatively new).

Last edited by pac on %b %11, %2008 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Panda_

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Wilf wrote:

If that would happen, instead of conceding i would reload the game another day.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
the general concession rule is still relatively new).

and stupid.

Last edited by Meech on %b %11, %2008 - %15:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
pac wrote:
the general concession rule is still relatively new).

and stupid.

Please elaborate. Very Happy
clarkin

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

That's pretty poor but what about this game from XFL humans:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2093520

Conceded because basically it was 0-0 and they were having connection problems and he didn't want to have to keep retrying to recreate the MNG he had just caused...

I still think it's the worst concession I've seen and unbalances the tourney.
Meech

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Good lord, I am getting my threads mixed up!

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont understand the problem in http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2093520 - why it would be so difficult to recreate the MNG? As long as the result is "less" than MNG dont stand up the player, or run away to a corner with him, and then dont use him during the next game.
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

if all concedes are banable , then there will many bans follow.
20-30 a day ?
i think i would have been banned today 3 times ....

there are many reasons to concede. and even i accept its a side rule: why do you want the reason for it ? he concedes, which is in the game rules. it kills the none excisting balance of a tourney, fine with me. the sportsmanship thinking sucks hard. bcs how get the most teams to the tourney ? with dodgeing basher games. not much sportsmanship....

just to clear it out; dont allow any concedes in no game at all, and no discussion will be. bcs even the rules you point to, are not 100 % clear. its allways a point of view thing
 Jump to: