57 coaches online • Server time: 17:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

KenThis: What Lobocamaleon said about your game. I watched the replay too. Your opponent did what he needed to. Your match report is rude. Suck it up and take that loss for what it was.

Concessions: Gimme a break, the rule was put into place to prevent coaches from building teams using the concession rule. It sucks that people are so lame that Christer felt the need to put this rule into place. It is stupid that if someone wants to concede they have to look at "Concessions Rules: Guidelines to let you know if your game is suck enough"

What he said. Even if he didn't put enough Spiro eyes in there.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

KenThis, in regard to that particular concession, it was the final so it isnt as bad. I really really hope you never do that if your opponent has any rounds left to play.

However, considering its the final it does seem a bit weak to curl over and die when you arent actually losing yet. I recently played a veteran smack final where I pretty blatently didnt have a chance. In the second half a bad kick handed the ball to Hthark and my Borak was fouled out..... bad news when you're several players down. Rather than quiting I managed to make a game of it and proceded to attempt to destroy my opponents team. It cost me a few more players but it nearly gave me a chance to push the game into overtime (where I might've had a chance).... I also got the extra cash which made the lost players not seem so bad. All this means is that my opponent didnt exactly get a free win, I think it was worth it Twisted Evil

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Meech

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not overly proud of this game. I am proud of Dannyboy taking the fight to me. I was playing my undead and I was rolling. I pounded Synn's Bunnies for 7 Cas and I got 6 Cas against WarriorTsuke (3 rips).

Dannyboy started the game with 8 players. At one point he scored with 4. These aren't elves kids, these were humans. He fouled me over and over, even though he knew I was going to take the eye right away from him. He made a laugher tense, partly because I played cocky and partly because he played fearless. Sometimes you gotta play fearless.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Winning by a concession, especially early in the game at 0:0 and 0 CAS, can be much worse than winning 3:0 with 3 CAS. More money, less SPP.
I think the concession games are stupid, especially the approach of taking precedence over real life.

KenThis wrote:
Forcing someone to do anything that they are not enjoying is sadistic.

QFT
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

When did sadism get such a bad name anyway …?
Meech

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I am almost sorry to say this, but I doubt Christer gets any pleasure or gratification from having to baby sit coaches, so it isn't sadistic. No one is forcing you to finish. Concede and deal with the consequences. This isn't that difficult to figure out. Is the rule dumb? Yeah, it is a dumb rule put in place to deal with dumb people. Sometimes the dumb rule will catch people having a bad day. Not sure why you are upset Ken, your game was in [L] so had no bearing on this conversation WHAT SO EVER!

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not upset
now.

just wanted to vent and now I feel better.

By the way you were all right I was being a big cry baby regarding my game comments.
I've edited them accordingly

Also although i did preface my submission with i hadn't read the rest of the thread I maybe should have taken some time out to.
Now I have I realise I mistaken posted my frustrations in the wrong thread.

Anyhow anybody with anything further that I should be aware of feel free to pm me.
I'm off to watch the mighty liverpool.
and doubt I'll catch back up to this thread.

Take it easy
Thanks Ken.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2008 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

KenThis wrote:
Forcing someone to do anything that they are not enjoying is sadistic.
Therefore just remember if someone concedes whether due to rl concerns, not liking the opponent, or their 0spp zombie has just been badly hurt.

Agreed, but then again this is a false premise. Nobody forced you to start a game. If you don't enjoy Bloodbowl or a certain matchup - no problem, don't play it.

However, once you start the game, the "being forced and tortured" argument flies out of the window. Suck it up and finish the match, we all get bad dice or slow opponents from time to time.
 Jump to: