53 coaches online • Server time: 16:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Worth losing a little sleep to see. Awsomeness Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

AoP-Vimes wrote:
thx... *stillShaking*

The great thing about your win is that you proved the "Oh, all those Birthday teams are going to be unstoppable!" crowd wrong and also demonstrated that one doesn't have to be a fumbbl veteran to win a cup.

Very well done, congratulations!
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

On the other hand, i talked to many coaches, who have shared their strategies to me....
Without their knowledge and theoretical hints, i would have never gone so far.

And that proves, that this community is one of the best in the goddamn whole wide Inet.
Ur all so... well... this is i guess one of the best communities...! Keep it up and thx.

---> I have proven the opposite!
PapaFury

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

....... skaven turn 16..... what?
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

PapaFury wrote:
....... skaven turn 16..... what?

Yo! Exactly.

JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

/me bows to Vimes.

Grats, pal.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, pls correct me, but i heared about that no skaven has ever won a major... is it right? Am I really the first one?...

Qaz

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you are and congratz on that. If it was an elf team like woodies I would say that they had the soft and basherfree road there but Rats was in there with the bashers so really congratz!

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
UberEvil

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats. I droppped out in disgust when I thought jesusboy had you by the nuts. Should have stayed until the end to cheer you on!
Forrest_Gump

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

grats vimes Very Happy those orcs were ugly

Try out Tilean Triad Trialsfor some fun threesome action!

MadTias

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

AoP-Vimes wrote:
Well, pls correct me, but i heared about that no skaven has ever won a major... is it right? Am I really the first one?...

You are correct, Skaven has never won a major before. I will soon update my Majors' statistics thread and blog. Congratulations!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 25, 2008 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well personally I think PeteW has had more than his fair share of heartache of late. Having to hand over is GT crown to Scotsman must smart a little and now this, losing a major on a T16 TD. No matter how much of a hobby it is, it still must hurt.

So I would hope that those nearest and closest to him, have jested, ribbed him, applied ample amounts of scarcasm (tip my hat to sillysod on the defending against 1 turners thread) and generally given him lots of stick!

Anyway well played guys, sorry there has to be a loser in such a great game.
Dominik

Post   Posted: May 25, 2008 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratualtion Vimes, well done. And you didn't even need to score with your One-Turner, to win it! Smile
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: May 25, 2008 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I wrote a short article and match report... will post it soon.

Big thanx for all the support... I thought long to say gratz personally and mention all the names... but I guess, it will be insulting if I will forget one, so...

Im still smiling the biggest way you can imagine, when im thinking of it. I tried to calculate the probabilities of this last touchdown, to happen... but got great confused on it, when the one Reroll comes in. I dont know, where to put in the probability of that. Is a reroll to be calcutated at every single possible way you can use it?

Well... soundz like an own thread, to explain it. But until my calcutations have gone, i can say: Expect the unexpected... and DO IT.

AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: May 25, 2008 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

First things first:
TO say anything else, would underestimate the game, the title and on top of it all, it would underestimate my great opponent. This game has been the best and most exciting one, i ever played or even watched.

There are many guys, who say, that PeteW has outlucked their butts...
Now after I have played him, I must say: Yes he gets lucky from time to time.... but ffs, he is one of the best coaches, I have had the honour to play against... and pls give me more of that stuff. Now he gave me Nuffles crown and I promise, I will wear it proudly.

I must admit, that I didnt start the match with the aim to win. I didn't even expect to survive the qualifier (as mentioned in some threads, rats arent the ones wearing the chainmails for underwear). I wanted to give PeteW and the watching fans a game, that is worth to be called a final and that is worth spectated.

In another game vs BoeseBoese i was told, that a spectator was going rampage in front of his screen: "yes... yes... YES, YEEESSSS, YEEESSS!!!" I could imagine his feelings so far until this game, but nothing more... but now i KNOW. Goddamn, now I felt it, too. The very last touchdown was too impossible to be real...every dice, that was rolled to my favour (by Nuffles hands) gave me Goosebumps and cold- sweat attacks. And every single one was like: "yes..." and then there was silence.

I know, that I made several mistakes noticed and used by him shamelessly. I know, that I will have to learn much more, if I want to rematch with PeteW... but on the other hand, my hands wont shake all the time and i wouldnt have to smoke one cigarette after another. It really wasnt possible for me, to stay cool while so many guys watch our game.
Well... there isnt much to say left: Big thanks, great PeteW.

GG and thx for the best game I have ever played.

P.S.: Greetz to your cute little daughter... it sounded like she was taking her first steps, right?

P.P.S.: "Your Mother is really stupid"... ILMAO...

Jump to: