12 coaches online • Server time: 07:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the Ulthuan Invitational IV?
Shadow Adepts
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Böse Böse
21%
 21%  [ 16 ]
Ratzingerz Todezfeinde
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Ravens All-Stars
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Your Mother's Orcs
24%
 24%  [ 18 ]
Faction goes ranked
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Cripples Unite
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Myranor Wanders
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Bandylag
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Sworn to Vengeance
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 74

Qaz

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If I have the time I will compete in GLT yes. Lone Stars did not suffer so they are ok ready

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Khor_Varik

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Texan wrote:
That is great work Dominik--keep it coming.

The only problem is that you forgot to list "ultimate noob" under pete's qualities.

Euphemism !
Jaim

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
he's proven on numerous occasions that his "skill" is his ability to cherrypick and boost himself by preying on the weak and ignorant....

Um, i am not arguing this, but coming from *you* it smells a little funny. Just looking at your UI team who never played a dangerous team in their entire career that quote has 'blatant hypocrisy' written all over it.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

jaim..for all intents and purposes i shouldn't even *BE* in this tournament....Razz

--j

ImageImage
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
jaim..for all intents and purposes i shouldn't even *BE* in this tournament....Razz

--j

Gotta say that you arent exactly taking a moral stand with the whole issue.Here you're essentially criticising people for doing.... what you've done. They might have done it better but its still pretty much the same thing. If you really believe that elfballed or cherrypicked teams are bad for majors then why are you taking them yourself? If you've decided that its something that you want to do despite it being negative for the rest of the community then at least let other people chose to make that decision.

I'm rooting for the Ratzingers and also for PeteW Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

seriously, i don't mind you guys turning me into the bad guy in situations, but at least do it accurately...

my issue with lewdgrip wasn't so much the cherrypicking, as it is the birthday boosting douchebaggery....

notice also, i didn't take a negative stand on it, did i?...but ok whatever, you guys insinuate whatever you'd like....lewd has just proven in many instances that while yes, he is a masterful cherrypicker(and i'll commend him on that), when it comes to the big show, he never can get the job done against the real competition....

--j

ImageImage
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
seriously, i don't mind you guys turning me into the bad guy in situations, but at least do it accurately...

my issue with lewdgrip wasn't so much the cherrypicking, as it is the birthday boosting douchebaggery....

notice also, i didn't take a negative stand on it, did i?...but ok whatever, you guys insinuate whatever you'd like....lewd has just proven in many instances that while yes, he is a masterful cherrypicker(and i'll commend him on that), when it comes to the big show, he never can get the job done against the real competition....

--j

Relax!

It's a Major for heaven's sake. There are enough forms of powergaming available for everyone to have a favourite and one day qualify! Lewdie is only 1 Nuffling followed by 2 teams crippling each other and then a coaching performance away from a final. 1/3 isn't so bad!

Very Happy
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

You're absolutely right on the fact that the Birthday-Boosted teams are an atrocity to Fumbbl Majors.

What I don't get is why some coaches get more flack over it than others. I believe the team Alibaba won the previous major with played nearly as many games on the Bday as Lewd's chaos. I can't remember him taking too much heat on it.

Smells like a bit of a double standard. This is a general comment, not aimed at the poster I borrowed the quote from.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Everybody can see, that shadow46x2 is on my blacklist, but nobody knows that he is the only "coach" who is on ignore list in chat Very Happy
I wish everybody in this tourney much fun, and shall the better one win this cup...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care. I'm breeding elves who don't cherrypick, and believe me, I'm going to win a Major with them in 2009. Watch out!

ps: Yes, despise me because I turned elf Sad But with humans it's not possible Sad

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, and thanks to Dominik for writing this nice thread...
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
ps: Yes, despise me because I turned elf Sad But with humans it's not possible Sad

B

A

H

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
What I don't get is why some coaches get more flack over it than others. I believe the team Alibaba won the previous major with played nearly as many games on the Bday as Lewd's chaos.

I only mentioned Lewd as his name had cropped up here (have nothing against him), I gave Alibaba stick in a previous thread too. But you're right, there does seem to be more aimed at some than others, which of course isn't fair.

I should think the whole birthday / Major debacle won't happen again next year after how it's gone. Well, I hope no anyway. Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Lewdie!

The rules are unlimited TR so boost your TR in any way you can Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

Second draw:
Ratzingerz Todezfeinde
Skaven. Very Happy There are always some masochists, who seem to enjoy the fun of AG3 & AV7
AoP-Vimes is another coach, who hasn't experienced much tournament atmosphere.
Luckily Skaven possess a One-Turner, so they can luck out the one or the other game.
It may be, that AoP-Vimes takes his UI games not very seriously, therefore and because of the racial factor, I see no potential winner in this tournament.

[color=#0000bf]Strengths
:
One-Turner
Block Big Guy (against Lizardmen always useful)
Enough Tackle to blitz every skink wanted

Weaknesses:
Only 14 players in the roster
No Gutter Runner blitzers, in defense, a Leap Dauntless or Horns GR can cause real trouble
1x MB, 1x Claw, that's too less

Chance to win the finals: 6%

hmmm... u didnt have seen me sitting on my chair, jumping up and walking around this chair... sitting down, just to close my eyes and praying to nuffle in this (how u called it? Ah, yes: "unspectacular matchup").... u werent the one, i wrote to, where the next good psychological doctor for nerve collapses is, the day before the first game of the playoffs. And u werent one of those little masochists, who has gone THROUGH the dark qualifier.
And goddamn...: Now u arent the one, biting in ur footnails for facing an overpowered monsterteam...
and u say, i might take the UI- games not very seriously? Oh hell... since the UI has started, im wondering, what is real? Fumbbl or university Smile.

Well, really Dominik: Im in a fever for this rats even before i even started to think about participating with my skaven Smile.

The rest of the analysis might be right, but it must be mentioned, that in the game vs Soylent Green, it was quite important for Optihut to have those break tacklers so they WERE highly mobile... otherwise i would have outrun him in the very first turn.

Greetz from the canalization, ur Vimez

Oh, and btw.: HA: IVE GOT FANS! Thank u all, who voted for me! I ll prove your were right! Big thx for great support to this great community.

@All others including Dom: 2000 bbtime Tuesday:
BOESE BOESE GOT TO FACE MY RATS!
 Jump to: