88 coaches online • Server time: 21:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
erm, sorry Australians, but who is the General?

I nominate myself if we dont have one already? Commander Keen of the Inflatable Toys would make a great General. He has even has two heads
to help him come up with devious strategies!

I'd say give whoever is likely to have the longest lived commander the generalship. This means no stunties as they tend to die. I'd suggest my Dwarf Capt, but i haven't played yet and won't be able to for a few more days so that pretty much puts me out of the picture. (Stupid Aol with Stupid 20 minutes logins)

Brad
Sionis

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Wonder who the Hungarian general is... cause by golly they made me see the light (with assistance of course).
Csonti

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hungary's general is the fearful Csonti... that's me Wink

But MadMarx and Burnalot is almost as fearful as myself... or maybe even more...

And now, Sionis, welcome to the winning side! Razz
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2003 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

where the heck is the ruler of this war anyway????? we need some info. there have been a few games played but now update on the score. no news on how many teams each conutry has or how many countries there are? so what is up??

Post 13 Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

seems another great idea dies silently .... Evil or Very Mad
Zwobot

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Why should we let it die, if everyone joins the channel and the generals get op there as mark?

They can control the movement of their troops and arrange fights. In the end it is important that everyone wants to play, so come on fellows get down to night!!!!!

good night good fight!
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

hear hear this wont die if we dont let it. if there is no wbe page then we can put the info right here. so first things first i think we all need to know who each general is for each country and how many teams there is for each country. so lets start with that shall we

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

i apologize for the lapse in scoring
my computer is screwed up
im working on fixing it
i finnally got access to another computer and i will update the scores before i sign off
please be patient
the war is not over
keep playing games
ill probably be able to update the score hopefully once a day
and once my comp gets fixed things will be much better
thank you for your patience
keep fighting

Goodbye Cusi
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Australia- 95
Canada- 10
Germany- 100
Hungary- 125
Portugal- 10
Sweden- 5
USA- 10
UK- 5

Goodbye Cusi
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

OK... as we had some talk in the channel (by the way JOIN AND PERFORM #fumbblwar) here are some rule-suggestions of mine:

1) Boni for Inflicting a SI-MNG:
If someone inflict a SI-MNG to a commander, his opponent will be forced to conceed his next game at once. My suggestion is, that the winner, who in flicted the MNG, can choose among the friendly coaches, that are online at the moment, who gets this extra boost of money/SPP. This way, countries could help each other and fight for recoveries for an allied army (that needs the money to replace commander e.g) or for a better start for new armies (to buy apo etc.).

2) Introduce diplomacy:
This is something, to emphasis the teamwork of a country and it´s general. The generals have several diplomatic agreements and strategical options:
a) Guerillia-War:
A small country can attack a larger one. For this reason, a commander contacts the general of the large Nation and declares his attack. Within 60 minutes, the general of the large country has to determine a defender, that plays the attacker. If noone is available for a play (all are ingame and not able to play another game after that), the attacker may choose a defender of that country, that plays him ASAP.
Requirements:
- The attacker may have only half the number of armies at max.
- The defender has to have at least 5 armies.

b) Declare War:
One country declares war on another country. The other country can choose, if they accept, or pay tribute to them. The tribute is a number of points equal to the number of armies, the paying country has, per day.
Consequences:
Every day (or every 2-3 days), a general sends the names of the attackers to the opposing general. The defending general assings armies to defend against them and may send a list of armies, that are engaged in a counter-attack. During each war-cycle, every army can only do one mission, either defend (can defend against 2 armies) or attack (can fight only once). If there is no army to defend against an attacker, the attacking country has archived a breakthrough gets 10 points from the defender for each breakthrough.
Requirements: A war may be only declared on countries, that have a number of armies at at least 75% of the aggressor.

c) Mutual-Protection-Pact:
2 Countries can arrange a Protection-Pact. This pact will be shown on the group-page. If one of those countries is attacked, either by guerillia or as part of a war, the general can choose an allied army for a defensive task.

d) Mecenary-Services:
A country may ask a commander/general for a help in a specific battle. A willing army fights instead of the challenged army gaining the points scored in the fight. In addition, the hiring country pay at least 5% of the army-strenght (rounded down) for the services.

Beside those games there are of course free skirmishes, as there are now. Those games generate points, that a country may use for negotiation.
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree witht his whole heartedly lets put that war back into this war shall we

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

While we are at it:
I would like to see the the use of a wizard against the commander banned. This way, you would also have an advantage, to keep you commander next to the front as you would protect them from the fireball.
It´s a chance of 6,5%, that a cas is cause by a wiz-knockdown.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

heres the problem with all these suggestions
many countries have a hard time always finding a certain country as an enemy
because we are all in different time zones
and as for diplomacy there shall be no diplomacy in my war
you can send out challenges to other players and countries
but whether they accept or prove that their country is a bunch of pansies by declining is up to them
wizards are fair
for both sides
this may change in the next war
but the rules for this war are set and are staying the way they are
the next war may be different
but no changes will be made to this one

Goodbye Cusi
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

a)
As you can pick you countries, you declare war or stuff, you won´t choose someone with a shitty timezone relating to yours.
b)
not everyone can have wizards. Think of Undead and dwarves.
c)
There is no feeling of honour for the country. At least not yet. Because the is no real team-feeling.
d)
With so few games going on, the war is about to die. So we can play on for 3 further month (with next to no games happening), wait for animal to open a league with the improved rule-setting or change the rules now and test.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

bump

Goodbye Cusi
 Jump to: