34 coaches online • Server time: 16:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Burtoni

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

No dude, you will know when we start because a Tornament box will open up under your teams list on the Overview page. If you have anymore questions, get on chat and try and find a coach from the Forgotten Realms League in there to ask, or just ask someone else in chat. It's easyer, for a instant answer. Smile
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The Waterdeep Challenge has started.

PLay the 6 first rounds only, against the picked opponents you can see on the tournament page.

Littler reminder: play only against your picked opponents.

Please play at least once a week, or you will slow the tourney.

After the 6 rounds are completed, we will have the 8 best teams play in a knockout finals.

Good luck everyone, happy gaming.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2003 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Clan Battlehammer 4 def Troll Marsh Killers 0

Well, the crazy gobbo's from the Troll Marshes came here to kill maim and destroy but did none of that in a very very one sided game.

Whilst the Killers have no ambitions of scoring touchdowns, let alone win, their disappointed coach was furious that the casualty count went against his team 1-0...

"No Killz! No stinkin Killz gainst dem dam fat barztads! Howz can zat be wit all me nice shineez chainsawz? Dat barztard from Husqvarna gonna cop itz nice in zee jatz crackerz if yers get me meenin'..."

When asked about the score of 4-zip, the Killers coach replied "Watz a "TeeDee""?
wolfen

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Eagles0-Twisted Rune 4

Bad night for the Eagles fan's tonight our great team coached by Wolfen
and lead by their Prince have been crunched by the highly evil team of the twisted Rune.. our beautiful grey players had did a real nice match with a high fair play and real nice pass game!
But it was without counting with the real heavy violence of their opponents
who didn't hesitated of bring 3 of our guys to the infirmary!!
The violence was highly intolerable and a lots of eagles fan's had started to fight with the other side in the tribune the game had been perturbated during 5 turns
So the battle is not the war and the Waterdeep tournament had just started nothing is lost
Go eagles like you were on the battlefield you must be on Bloodbowlfield!!
All Neverwinter and the Sword coast is behind you!!
Jester1

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

(Gulp, I guess I should have posted this earlier!)

The first game of the Waterdeep Challenge was a test of the Arabel's Alliance much famed Ogre, as he was pitted against FIVE similar behemoths and their goblin slave masters in a dynamic match up against the Windspear Hill Robbers. The Alliance's tactics were as one would expect; the Ogre and the line of longbeards held the line of scrimmage while the humans and elves took care of moving the ball and scoring touchdowns. The Robbers tactic was a surprise to the dwarven-coached Alliance, favouring the thrown goblin. This was successful on one occassion, leading to the Robbers only TD, but also was the cause of enough casualties and KOs for the Alliance to maintain a numbers advantage for the match. One of the Mithrilvein brothers was seriously hurt by the Robbers team captain and will be out for the next two rounds.

Now, out of character mode, Mazzix, can I please challenge the way you've set up these rounds with the byes? The way I see it, those of us with a bye at the beginning of the tournament are going to be one game behind until the end. Wouldn't it make more sense that I play the Hells Gate Hooligans in round 3? That way we'll both be on 1 game each. Similarly, whoever gets the bye in round 3 plays whoever gets the bye in round 4. This means you won't always be behind a game if you had the bad luck to get the byes at the beginning.
Related to this, but a harder question for doing via fumbbl, is allowing byes to count as missed games, as you would in a tabletop league. So if (like I do) you have a player needing a round to recover from an SI, if you have a bye this counts, rather than forcing him to miss the next TWO rounds.
Burtoni

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sapphiraktar didn’t wait long before he tasted elven blood. In fact it was only minutes into the first half when the dracolich, in disguise as a mindless troll, caused Andorfelas to be carried off after being badly hurt. Two turns later it was one of the Rune Council’s trusted aides, Ildulriag, that forced the elven lineman Maloniel to spend the rest of the match on his back and off the field. Moments later Shyressa, in the form of a Skaven gutter runner, ran into the endzone for the Rune’s first points.

Later on in the first half, Sapphiraktar, not contented with his view from down on the pitch, the ancient one faked an injury to himself after causing more impairment to the Neverwinter lineup, he was satisfied to watch the rest of the drive from the comfort of the reserves bench. Again after some carnage, Shyressa gains the team a score.

The second half was a battle for field position. In the end it was Shyressa’s pace that won the game of yardage, but a last ditched effort by the Eagle’s phoenix warrior Glorfindel, throwing his own body on the line to knock down Shyressa and dislodge the ball from the vampire’s grasp with the enzone in sight. Never one to miss an opportunity, Rhangaun, the leader of the Twisted Rune himself, picked up the loose ball and ambled into the endzone for their third unanswered touch down of the day, just as the full time siren sounded.
bonesy

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Heres the edited match report

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=188874
ourden

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

bonesy wrote:
Heres the edited match report

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=188874

Kelemor is the god of death.
But does't he hate the undead and all they stand for?

And thats good enough for me Very Happy
BloodReaper

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the Spine of the World grudge match

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=190716

Score TEN TOWNS 2 - ICEWIND DALE 2

when Brunenor looked accross the field he saw many faces of dwarven kin. those that had not made the cut. they looked upset. the first TD is likely to become a regular event Catti-brie pass to Drizzt td. when the TEN TOWNS team kicked off you could see the hated in the opposition. you could here murmers of kill that damn drow. Barrum Grufwielder for ICEWIND DALE got the ball a screamed down the sideline Regis in a short brust of courage not to be seen again, tried to stop him but got run over. Drizzt also tried but was way laid by some dwarf linemen. 1 all at half time. 2nd half ICEWIND DALE got the ball and in a wall of dwarven fury they rolled down the field. with Brunenor, Catti-brie and Wulfgar hitting this wall head on, drizzt snuck around the wall and nicked the ball. being chased by two dwarven runners he tripped on a crack on the picth leaving the goal line wide open. Grium Stoneminer walked up picked up the ball a strolled in for ICEWIND DALES 2nd TD. with only minutes left on the clock Drizzt picked up the ball gave it to a reluctant Regis who was thrown down field by wulfgar. one of the runners tried to trip him on the way to the line but failed TEN TOWNS 2nd TD. Final score 2 - 2. it was fitting that Drizzt was name MVP of the match for his team.
bonesy

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ourden wrote:

Kelemor is the god of death.

No he doesn't hate everything the Undead stand for ourden and if you bother to read my team bio you will understand!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=43712
ourden

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

bonesy wrote:
ourden wrote:

Kelemvor is the god of death.

No he doesn't hate everything the Undead stand for ourden and if you bother to read my team bio you will understand!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=43712

ok I see your point. And I must say it is a great idea, I only reacted because Kelemvor is my favoutite non-elven Deity.

I was thinking of a line in Kelemvor's dogma:
Speak against those that would artificially prolong their life beyond natural limits, such as the undead.

and from Clergy and tempels:

Clerics of Kelemvor consider all undead abominations,and do whatever they can to put them to eternal rest.

But As I said I like the story of the team.
I didn't mean to be rude with that first post but now that I read it once more I realise that it is rather obnoxious. This was not intended, I was merely curious.
So I will readilly admit that I was a proper w-nker, when I posted without reading the bio.
I offer my apologies.

And thats good enough for me Very Happy
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

So I will readilly admit that I was a proper w-nker, when I posted without reading the bio.
I offer my apologies.

hee hee hee.. you censored wanker Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2003 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

ourden wrote:

ok I see your point. And I must say it is a great idea, I only reacted because Kelemvor is my favoutite non-elven Deity.

I was thinking of a line in Kelemvor's dogma:
Speak against those that would artificially prolong their life beyond natural limits, such as the undead.

and from Clergy and tempels:

Clerics of Kelemvor consider all undead abominations,and do whatever they can to put them to eternal rest.

But As I said I like the story of the team.
I didn't mean to be rude with that first post but now that I read it once more I realise that it is rather obnoxious. This was not intended, I was merely curious.
I offer my apologies.

Apologies accepted!

You seem like a keen Realms fan so you cant be all bad Razz
Seger

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2003 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The Assassins must have forgot to pay tribute to their God before the game. Cyric repaid the assassins with lots of consecutive ones. The Keepers of Krynn did a good job keeping the assasins off the pitch. The Drows offered, with some help from the Keepers, Belandras life as a token of their gratitude, however that evil plan did not seem to affect the temper of Cyric. In the end the all that stood between the goal and Cyrics followers was a ag4 hand-off. Cyric laughed as he offered them a 1.

The Drows were very unhappy that they couldnt offer som fresh necro gore to Cyric but the draw felt like a victory.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=191456
BloodReaper

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ten Towns pulled off a solid win over Cyric's Assassins Score 2 - nil

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=192292

link also has edited match report
 Jump to: