37 coaches online • Server time: 11:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Since Mazzix didnt put a thread up.. figured I'd do it myself

Group link is

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=623

I'm entered with my Minions of Moander. Moander is the dead rotting vegetable god from the book Curse of the Azure Bonds (and the SSI PC game)

The cult of Moander was based out of the ruined city of Myth Drannor.

This should be a fun themed tourny, tho my knowledge of the Forgotten Realms ends at around 1992 Smile

(FYI - I have nothing to do with the running of this tournament)

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hail and well met, ye curious coaches. Come ye seeking secrets and wonders?

This league is based on the Forgotten Realms setting form Dongeon and Dragons. Its a themed league, so you need to make a little background around your team to fit with the setting.

Teams can be of any race, Division Tournament, all newly formed(TR100). To fit with the setting, they should be representing a city(Waterdeep, Baldur's Gates, Shadowdale, etc) or organization (Zhentarim, Cult Of The Beast, Harpers, etc) from the Forgotten Realms. A bonus 5 points will be given if your team as a bio that fits with the setting.

----------------------------

You got me there Bunnypuncher. I had no time to create the entry, and im still new with theforums, so when I created, i didnt knew exactly ow to put the link to the group, so i was a bit confused, and with the time pressure i was feeling, I decided to delay the forum entry!

Anyway, thancks for your initiative!!! Wink

More infos coming, im typing them at the moment!

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings.

First things first. This is a small league, based on the Forgotten Realms setting from AD&D, as said in the presentation of the league. It will be themed, so I am expecting of some more role-playing for your team than the usual BB gaming.

This league will begin with the Opening Tournament I talked about before, but dont worry, it will continue afterward and I hope this league can last for a long while, as new teams will add to the group form time to time (I also know that some will get out of it too,sadly, but its the way of things).

Its important for you coaches to stay and keep playing each rounds of our tourneys tough. So when you apply for a tourney, please be ready to play it from the beginning to the end!

So, after this first tourney, the league will have its first season, with around 10 games, followed by playoffs, then a new season, etc. The more coaches and implication from us we get, the more seasons we will play! I will try to keep the league as interesting as possible. Ideas from anyone are accepted.

But for now, I will concentrate on the tourney, that will by the way start as soon as next sunday, since we already got a lot of coaches around and I guess there will be slightly more that will add this week. Details about the tourney are coming in my next post.

So welcome to all of you, and keep reading, the tourney details are coming up.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher.. The book wasn't called Curse of the Azure Bonds, only the game. The book was just called Azure Bonds. Smile
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Waterdeep, the City of Splendors, invites the newly formed blood bowl teams of all Faerun to participate in the 1st blood bowl tournament of the Forgotten Realms, the Waterdeep Challenge.This tournament will take place in the great city of Waterdeep, and will be the first official step leading to the beginning of the Forgotten Realms League (FRL). Here's how the tournament should work:

Arrow Each team will play six games against randomly selected opponents.

Arrow Each round will last one week, with the exception of the 3rd round that will last 2 weeks since its during the Christmas and New Year's holidays, and some of us could have trouble to get to a computer or access to the javabowl client during those days.You cant play "outside of the tournament"games, sanction being the exclusion of the league.

Arrow The tournament point system will be as follow: win, 5 points. Draw, 3 point. Loss, 1 point. Those points will be added to the league points, and could get usefull for the next season, you'll know why soon!!! The best 8 teams of the qualifications will get to the playoffs, the great champion will get 15 points and the finalist will earn 10 points.

During the closure ceremony of the tournament, some more points will be given to the teams that will have scored: the most TD's, the most Casualities, the most Interception and the most Completions. 3 points for each. Only the 6 qualification games will count for those prices.

So, to summarize, the tourney will begin on december 7th, not at a precise hour. that will be when I will be able to connect. Then, each rounds will last a week with exception of the 3rd.

Thats about it, if you have any comments, ideas or anything, post them in here.There will be more details about the season following the tourney during the tourney, as I will try tofigure them out.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Bonus Points!!!

Added to the points I give when you create a bio for your team, a one point bonus will be earned each times your match report will have some comments (fitting with the theme and the roleplaying of your team!!).

Also, I would like you guys to post the link to your games results in here, so I can easily go check them for the comments. And to had to the roleplaying idea of your teams, it would be a nice idea to sometimes send some news about your team. For example, a team representing Waterdeep coult sometimes send articles from the Waterdeep Post (fictionnal) about the team, the players, etc.

I would really love to see some roleplaying in here, it will had to the quality of the league, IMO.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Calador wrote:
BunnyPuncher.. The book wasn't called Curse of the Azure Bonds, only the game. The book was just called Azure Bonds. Smile

Heck i'm impressed i got it half right.. been over a decade since i've seen either one Smile

And how I remembered Moander... damned if I know.

Usually woulda takin orcs... but i hate the pig faced AD&D variety.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The Mithrilvein dwarves challenge all other dwarves to an evil critter mangling competition. You mangle the critters, and we have to drink. And vice versa. Sees who's left standing at the end of the competition.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The Troll Marshes have spawned the Troll Marsh Killers... a sadistic bunch of crack pots if ever there was!

The Killers are seeking to maim and destroy... face us if you dare!
Calvin

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

ello boys its time fer me an me kindred Dwarves to tell you, it will be all hell to pay when we step on the gridiron and shoulder in for a good kicking...... Good luck to no one but me an me boys.............Smile
Dooby

Post 18 Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings to you all. May your skulls be nothing more than dust under my leather clad boots!!!
Beater

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Velsharoons blackened Elfs will grind their leathery heels in your collective faces.

Looking forward to an intense tourney.
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Waterdeep Post

Great news for the Waterdeep community! Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun has finally formed the Waterdeep Raider's team. With a line up of 11 players and trained by a not very known wizard, Mazzix, the Raiders expects to revalize with the other teams at the Waterdeep Challenge, and will proudly represent the city. The final lineup is still unconfirmed, but we should expect to see very nice players there. All from Waterdeep and the sorroundings, of course.

Good luck to the Waterdeep Raiders at the Challenge, and lets hope they will do great and continue trought the season that will follow for the Forgotten realms League.

Post 9 Posted: Dec 06, 2003 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I’m new to tournaments so forgive me but.... how do we know who and when we are playing?
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2003 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ditto do we start now?
can we just challenge or do we get our opponents picked for it.
 Jump to: