35 coaches online • Server time: 15:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2003 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've gotten my first surprise in the league: a saints conference filled up before a sinners one. Still got one spot open for a North American sinner and plenty of space for European (or those who can play by a European schedule) coaches.

We would particularly like to see any of the following teams: Amazon, Norse (I can't believe we don't have a Norse coach out there) and Skaven (none of you dirty rats out there either, eh?). Or, if you're feeling particularly adventurous and/or masochistic, try out a Goblin or Halfling team (only for the truly committed, but we'll provide the spatula with which to scrape your team off the pitch after each game).

:::::

Glad to have you aboard Mully. Not sure what you're referring to though, this league has 13 games, the sub-divisions are called conferences, and I'm not confident that I'll run four games in a row in my conference..... Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Bragger !!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Still looking for seven coaches: 6 European and 1 North American. We have a good mix now so, while I'd still like to see the unrepresented races, the only requirement I have is you don't duplicate a team already in the conference you wish to join.

I've set up a web-site for the league at http://www.recursive-gnome.net/BloodBowl/index.php (believe it or not, some leagues are still living in the stone ages, sending out emails to keep track of league progress... Shocked). Only the first three sections have any information at the moment.

And, as indicated on the web-site, I'll be randomly assigning the Saints conference teams their numbers tonight at 9pm EST in IRC channel #FUMBBL-S&S.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets would like to join the european saints thingamajig and have hereby applied...
Filov

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The Norsca Bloodletters would like to join the european saints.

Once the team is approved I will apply for the tournament.

P.S. Currently I live in NA but will be moving to Europe on the the 2nd.

Thanks....
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to both of you. I've also got the last NA Sinners coach now so we're down to four spots in the European conferences: 2 Saints and 2 Sinners.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to join with my CD team Blind Butchers of Lamashtu to the europian sinners division.

Cheers,

Burn

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

And then there were two...!

Two spots left in the European conferences, one for a Saints team and one for a Sinners.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

ok ... forget my last , chaos may work good for me ( and hope less good for opponents Razz)
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea I'm sending a hippy team your way.
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

And then there was one!

Welcome aboard!

And that leaves once last spot for a Sinners coach in the European conference.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahoy!

i want to fill the last European Sinners Spot with an Skaven Team, called Raging Rats.
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

And with that, we are full up.

I'll assign the European conferences their team numbers this afternoon -- different bat-time (4pm EST), same bat-channel (#FUMBBL-S&S) and then, since I know some of you have been eager to get started, I will set up the tournaments either tonight or sometime tommorrow and we can begin play. I'll give a full two weeks for the first round in order to account for gaming time that may not be available due to the holidays.

Two things to note (and I'll add these to the group page and web-site as well):

1. As overtime only works for knockout tournaments I will be setting up the rounds of the games in knockout format. You should only play your first game. Do NOT play the second game that the software will set up once both games in a grouping have been played. When the next round of games is to begin I will set up a new batch of knockout games.

2. Overtime will be played in sudden death format. This means that once someone has scored in overtime the game is finished and you should simply click through the remaining turns. As this means you have to set up again you are strongly advised to only put three men on the LOS (and preferably the three you can best afford to lose) in case something ugly like a pitch invasion is rolled.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

so ya saying that we can now start playing our matches??? if that is the case shaqpooh let me know when ya can get on and we will get this thing underway. so i can prove once and for all my undead rules the underworld and of course we are the biggest sinners. *just look at the size of our prono mag collection and fully stocked wet bar. *grins* and or ever so famous BLUE ROOM*
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

hey can we talk trash and such ??