53 coaches online • Server time: 16:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
orochinagi

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

if against WAs the -2db can prove useful... since a pushback can be enough to disable them (push them to a square around which you have no players). About the ogres i personally think it's not needed to -2db against them... nothing a nice player positioning won't solve (and a bit of guard)
AeoN2

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

sometimes bringing 3-4 players to take down an Ogre is a luxury you can't afford... and a single player standing there and having the choice of staying, dodging, or a -2db block might be wise to do the last (if has block, and Ogre does not).

--
AeoN2
Franz

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have block and the opponent don't and you make a -2d block you will get attacker down 11/36, push back 16/36 and defender down 9/36.

If you simply leave your poor lineman next to the big guy and he block you you have: defender down 20/36 push back 12/36 and attacker down 4/36.

This is not counting re-rolls. It's more whorty to block!
PellePirat

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Franz: You also have to take into account that if you go down when 2d-blocking, the ogre is free for his next move, which means you'll probably have two players lying down. If you do nothing, he can only knock one down..
Gertwise

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I do 2d blocks all the time. Especially when my opponent doesn't have block and I do. Of course, it's not the first action I do, but I will try it nonetheless. I've even done a few 3d blocks, once knocking down an ogre with a skink.

It all depends on what I'm trying to accomplish. Sometimes it's better to not do anything and keep the bigun occupies, but if you're in a position to score next turn, they aren't anywhere close to ya why not take a chance?
sangraal

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the best uses of the -2d Block i have found is
against cages --- with Stunty blockers.

I have a skink with Block & Strip Ball, I put the 2 corner guys from the cage in TZ'z (this doesnt work if they have guard) & then blitz the ball carrier.

Sure, I have to dodge into 3 TZ's to get there, but with Stunty thats a 3+ with
a dodge re-roll.

The only real concern is what might happen to the Skink after it Wink

sangraal
halby

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

neet stuff. so AG2 dodge vs -2d block with mighty blow, chances of being injured both ways.

dodge is 1/2 success, no mighty blow
-2d block is um (2/3 * 2/3) success = 4/9, yes mighty blow

i spose its not even worth calculating the mighty blow, as its already clear that -2d blocks are stupid... I mean, even stupider than trying to dodge with 2 ag.
Wol

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Now, take into account in your calculation the fact that the blocking player has the Block skill.
That's 5/6 chance of a positive result on each dice.
So, make it 5/6 * 5/6, that's 25/36, about 70%.
Now it's more interesting than an AG2 dodge.
 Jump to: