34 coaches online • Server time: 12:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cyco

Post 12 Posted: Jan 06, 2004 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Now I changed the name of the league so I thought Id change the forum site aswell.

Again I appologize for my incorrect spelling. And hope that all of you still are interested.

CycoD
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2004 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

To sort some missunderstanding out. Its ok to have more then one player with MB, Claw, RSC or PO. But each player can only have one of the following skills; MB, Claw, RSC or PO.

Im sorry if its confusing.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

More questions...

If a player gains ST though experience they can take it. Its not against the rules.

Each team can not buy more then 2 players with ST 4 or more. If any player gains ST through experience, thats ok.

Are this clear for everyone?

Im from Sweden and have some problems with explaining myself sometimes, dont be afraid to ask. Im trying my best, with your help, Ill get better. Smile

-CycoD
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Should we or should we not allow, Chaos Pact, Lusteria and Old World? (As long as they follow the other rules, of course.)

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

absolutely not! they are not an official team.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering about the Old World team... they seem to follow all the requirements for the league (no more than 2 STR4+ players, etc). OTHER THAN not being an official team, what are people's objections to them? I only ask because I thought they were kind of cool, made a team, and now find they're not eligible...Smile As far as I remember they were allowed when this tournament was first suggested. If the consensus is to keep them out then that's cool, I'm just interested in people's reasons. I don't think they're too hard, since they can only have 3 positional players (not counting halflings...) and their rerolls are insanely expensive.

that's my 2 cents, Cthol.
Calvin

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing i agree no unofficial teams. They are to unbalanced for bloodbowl i think.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with cthol, but I will follow the will of the coaches. And at the moment they not in. Most wotes are against it.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that if a team matches the requisitions for the tournament and play according to the rules there should not be any problem. We are hard coaches, and we have to be able to face whatever team is possitioned infront of you.
pabloex

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all.

As I mentioned to CycoD when I joined the tourney, I wanted to state what my expectation is. I find this useful because then if I happen to be in the wrong place for what I am expecting, I can leave sooner rather than later and without any hard feelings. Anyhow, my expectation from this tournament isn't just that it is a 'no foul' league, but that the focus is to create games where tactics other than 'clear the pitch and then score' are employed.

That said, I am not expecting that the tradditional bashy teams won't be allowed to play but I am concerned at allowing unofficial teams into the mix. If the intent is to encourage people to play teams like Elves, Skaven, Halfling, etc., then I think the wrong thing to do is to introduce the use of the hybrid teams. Sure, they can be created in accordance to the only 2 Str 4+ players rule, but they also can mix and match some of the more potent players from several races. These hybrids were made with the intent of being ultra-bashy.

In my opinion this is self defeating and undermines the intent of the tourney, or at least what my expectation may be. 'Clear the pitch and then score' is a strategy and should be an option but it should not be the only strategy that a team could employ.

Regardless, this is a good discussion to have to ensure that everyone will get out of this tourney what they expect. There is nothing worse than coming to this conclusion a couple rounds in and then having the tourney die.
cthol

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i just realised that in fact the Old World team can have BOTH a Treeman AND and Ogre... which does, i concede make them a bit good alright...Smile Still not sure it's an overly bashy team though.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that pretty much sums it up. The players who are for mixed teams, dont mind playing other races and the players against wont stay if we allow mixed teams.

So finally. Mixed team will NOT be allowed in the league. Is that allright with everbody?

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with not having the mixed teams in. An Ogre and a Tree on the same team is a prime example of how this could turn ugly. I say we use only the official teams.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

There is more interest in the league then I thought it'd be. And no one is more happy then me. Very Happy

But this means we cant play every coach. So I thought we divide into smaller groups, and play a qualify game. And after that divide into Superleague, Div 1, Div 2 and so on. Depending on how many coaches we will be.

At the moment we are 15, but we have 4 invitations awating to be acceped. And I heard that there is more coaches comming to join us. Wink
Perox

Post 20 Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

concerning seperation of teams with equal points I propose the following:

1. mutual result
2. td difference
3. total td's scored
4. cas difference
5. total cas scored
 Jump to: