29 coaches online • Server time: 14:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

How about this?

You will get points as follows...
Win 15P + TD difference.
Tie 10P
Lost 5P - TD difference.

The teams will be separated by;
1. Mutual meeting
2. Cas difference
3. If they'r not sepated here, I need help

Then its easier to separate them. I think this is a very good idea. (I got it from Flix's league; Khaine´s Tournaments.)

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

And when we finish the superleague, div 1 and so on. The teams who end up last will go down a league and the best teams will go up. Suggestion is the best 2 team change with the 2 bottom from the higher league.
And should we get any dropouts, god forbidd, the top team from the league below will get a chanse to replace the drop out. E.g. if a team from the superleague dropps out. Then the leader of div 1, get asked to replace the dropout. And the leader of Div 2 is asked to replace the Div 1 team and so on. And the lowest div lets a new team/coach into play.

Im I making any sence at all? I hope you understand what Im getting at.

Is this a good idea?

Last edited by Cyco on %b %08, %2004 - %19:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

First there will be a qualify round. The teams will divide into 4 qualifying groups. North, East, West and South. This will be settled through draw. After the qualifying is done. Number 1-2 in each group will join the Superleague. Number 3-4 will join Division 1 and finally 5-6 will join division 2.

For this to work we will need 24 teams/coaches, we are 19 at the moment. But I dont think that will be a problem. Dont mind to ask your friends to join, the quicker we become 24 teams/coaches, the better. (I think this is the best way to do it, what do you think?)

You will get points as follows... (I got this idea from Flix and his Khaine´s Tournaments, ty Flix.)
Win 15P + TD difference.
Tie 10P
Lost 5P - TD difference.

The teams will be separated by;
1. Mutual meeting
2. Most TDs scored
3. Cas difference
4. If they'r not sepated here, I need help

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

oooookaaaay,

my mate contributed to discussions on this over the last day or so, but i cant find the group to join???

is the league name now completely different or is it invitation only or what?

if the latter, can me and calon PPPPPPPPPPlllllleeeeeaaaassseee be invited?

hehe

cheers
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Now we have 23 coaches, who will be the 24th? I shall try to set everything up as soon as possible.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The 24th coach have joined us. It is calon and his Miskatonic Uni Students who is coach/team 24. Welcome. Very Happy

But we need replacers. And should there be 8 more before we start, then the qualify groups will be 8 teams each instead of 6 and a 3rd division will be made. So keep recruiting coaches if you find em. Wink
cthol

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

still space? i made u human team, should satisfy the nay-sayers out there Smile If there's still space, let me know, i'd love to play.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I just got a great letter from cataphract. Its about the points system. Witch I think is great. If someone have a very good oppinion why we should not, share your thoughts. Until then this the official point system the YTB league will use. (Thank you cataphract, I think this might be the best point system.) Wink

Quote:

ahoy, just noticed that the points system you are using is based around TD difference. From experience this kind of system is flawed. There are teams which excell at scoring large numbers of TD in a game, and there are teams for which this is impossible.

Case being if someone manages to get a 5-0 victory (very very possible for teams like, wood elf, skaven and necromantic) this will give them an advantage on the ladder. An advanatage other teams cannot get!

I would advise tat you use the 7 point system. It is the points system used by the NAF for its tournaments.

7 points re awarded in total for a game.
-each player receives 1 point for playing in the game
-3 points are awarded to the winner of the game (1.5 points each in a draw)
-If the difference between the scores is two or more (ie 3-1, 5-0, 12-5) the winner of the match receives 1 point
-If the difference between the scores is 1 (2-1, 1-0 etc) the loser receives 1 point
-The team that scored the most casualtis receives 1 point.

This means that all the facets of the game are covered and gives relative balance ladder wise to all the teams. You may be concerned about awarding points for casualties. All I can say is that since there is no fouling any casualties gained willl be "genuine". I see it fitting to include this aspect of the game in the ladder pouints calculations.

the 7 point system gives a range of victory types from a narrwo victory 4-3 to an all out victory 6-1. It also is able to award victory in case of a tie.

The 7 point system is a tried and true method. It rewards all aspects of the game, but rewards winning the game more than anything else and stops one team being able to sit on top of the ladder because of a one off 6-0 win.

Any questions?

And we got some more coaches to come. I hope we shall be 32 before we start the league. So we get a great BIG league. As soon as we reach 32 or 19 jan witch ever comes first, the league will start. I just need to arrange everything, but thats the least problem. Very Happy

And quote is raised to 4 teams/race, due to more coaches.

-CycoD
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Stong teams should they be out of the league?

I have been doing some thinking. The only teams that coaches dont want to play at the moment is Orcs. Due to the limit of strong guy's I guess. And that is sad. So thats why I thought one idea is to let the limit of 2 guys with ST higher then 3 should only be to start with. Witch means that an orc team or a chaos team will be able to buy more strong guys after the league have started. The límit of only one "bashy" skill/player will limit the team anyway. And all teams will get a chance of building up before there is too many strone ones in each team. But this is only a thought that crossed my mind. I dont want Khemri team in the league any way, though they are a true bashing team. Orcs and chaos can still develope into playing teams with their AG 3. With the right skills a chaos team can be very interesting to watch, (extra arms, big hand, two heads and so on). They will still have a hard time winning anything.

But I want your oppinion before I take the final decision.

-CycoD
GreenAvenger

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

CycoD wrote:
Stong teams should they be out of the league?

I have been doing some thinking. The only teams that coaches dont want to play at the moment is Orcs. Due to the limit of strong guy's I guess. And that is sad. So thats why I thought one idea is to let the limit of 2 guys with ST higher then 3 should only be to start with. Witch means that an orc team or a chaos team will be able to buy more strong guys after the league have started. The límit of only one "bashy" skill/player will limit the team anyway. And all teams will get a chance of building up before there is too many strone ones in each team. But this is only a thought that crossed my mind. I dont want Khemri team in the league any way, though they are a true bashing team. Orcs and chaos can still develope into playing teams with their AG 3. With the right skills a chaos team can be very interesting to watch, (extra arms, big hand, two heads and so on). They will still have a hard time winning anything.

But I want your oppinion before I take the final decision.

-CycoD

That kinda scraps the whole idea in my opinion.... an orc team for instance is perfectly capable of playing blood bowl without BoBs, and we're allowing 1 and BG, or 2 and no BG. That's still cappable of becoming a strong team.
calon

Post 12 Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I wholeheartedly agree with GreenAvenger, I play bashy mostly and am looking to be involved with this because its not.

The 7 pt system is a winner imho

( u let CD's in?? oh well!)
springboks

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The point system seems very good.

I think Kemri could be allowed....they would be very hampered by the fact that they can have only two Mummies, and no agility 3 players. They could do some damage, but probably not too much......

Christopher Ferrante
christopherferrante@yahoo.com
AIM: hipandkneedoc
cataphract

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

springboks wrote:
The point system seems very good.

I think Kemri could be allowed....they would be very hampered by the fact that they can have only two Mummies, and no agility 3 players. They could do some damage, but probably not too much......

well, if you're going to only be able to take 2 mummies then play undead. you get your 2 mummies, plus ghouls and wights and a raise the dead spell!

I personally think the "only 2 guys of str more than 3" is a little silly. Yes it totally nerfs orcs, Lizardmen and chaos, but dwarves, necros and undead are untouched. I'd personally prefer a blanket No big guy rule. All this rule does is dramatically weaken a handfull of teams. I personally don't feel that it's going to have much effect on the number of casualties caused in the league. Instead it just means no one will play those teams!

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry but would someone be able to add the link to this group please, because I am damned if I can locate it to apply & I am very interested in a non Khemri type of game.
grep-v

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Just commenting on two points:

Quote:
I would advise tat you use the 7 point system. It is the points system used by the NAF for its tournaments.

The 7 point system is a tried and true method. It rewards all aspects of the game, but rewards winning the game more than anything else and stops one team being able to sit on top of the ladder because of a one off 6-0 win.

First point: I am not exactly new to the NAF, but it sure is new to me, that THIS is the official NAF scoring system. In fact I have never encountered this system on any of the NAF-tournaments I played.

Second point: this system is as tried and true as any of the usual systems. Personally, I view the points for TD-difference as really critical. Use TDs as tie-breakers, but not for ranking points.

One simple reason: a dwarf team can rarely expect to outscore its opponents by two or more TDs (unless it hammers them away).

Second reason: if I can't outscore my opponent, because I'm to slow, how can I anyhow get an extra point? Yeah, by out-CASing them. Doesn't matter that much in almost all NAF-tourneys (team reset before the next game) but matters in this league.

And finally a reason based on my personal point of view: I don't know many things in Bloodbowl that suck harder than playing a tournament and ending up BEHIND a player that has one less victory but and more draw, but managed to get more points because of the scoring system. That happened to me on the last NAF-tourney (which used a similar but different system) and pissed me off like nothing before.

I am strongly against introducing that system in the league and would vote for much simpler but also very effective system:
Win: 4 points
Draw: 2 points
Lose: 1 point
(Concede: 0 points, don't know if this is necessary)

Tiebreakers: TD diff, CAS diff, TD scored, CAS scored (in this order to discourage bashing)
 Jump to: