56 coaches online • Server time: 19:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

but the rules say..."for any reason"....

so technically, pushing a player back means that indirectly the blocker is leaving a tackle zone..."for any reason"...

my example just happens *before* the followup...

see? i can grossly misinterpret the rules too...

--j

ImageImage
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
but the rules say..."for any reason"....

so technically, pushing a player back means that indirectly the blocker is leaving a tackle zone..."for any reason"...

my example just happens *before* the followup...

see? i can grossly misinterpret the rules too...

--j

It is just much more easy to play by the gross misinterpretations of the people who made the rules.

Are you sure you're not trolling?
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

or by the gross misinterpretations of the rules lawyers, amirite?

--j

ImageImage
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
d
Code:
BXa

what happens if B blocks X to a...does that mean that X now gets a shadowing roll, and in effect giving him a free leap action?...technically, he's moving out of someone's tackle zone....

--j

Your example is flawed.

B blocks X to a. X is moving out of B's TZ., B is not moving at all (yet, he may follow up)...so X could not shadow B as B hasn't moved yet. When B follows up the block, he's entering, not leaving, X's TZ, so X can't follow up then either.

(note that X could shadow B if he had side-stepped next to B and B made his follow up move).

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only one who finds irony in Shadow being the sole person against the rule interpretation that buffs the Shadowing skill?
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
d
Code:
BXa

what happens if B blocks X to a...does that mean that X now gets a shadowing roll, and in effect giving him a free leap action?...technically, he's moving out of someone's tackle zone....

--j

Your example is flawed.

B blocks X to a. X is moving out of B's TZ., B is not moving at all (yet, he may follow up)...so X could not shadow B as B hasn't moved yet. When B follows up the block, he's entering, not leaving, X's TZ, so X can't follow up then either.

(note that X could shadow B if he had side-stepped next to B and B made his follow up move).

On top of that, the shadowing skill says, that you can move into the square, that the guy you shadow vacates. But as the blocker B in this case does not vacate a square (at least not between block and follow up, when you want to cram your shadowing into), you cannot shadow him as you don't have a square you can shadow to.
On1

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Am I the only one who finds irony in Shadow being the sole person against the rule interpretation that buffs the Shadowing skill?

hehe nice one.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2010 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The rulebook states on page 8: "In order to leave a square that is in one or more opposing tackle zones, a player must dodge out of the square".
On page 67 it says on Shadowing: "The opposing player may use this skill when a player performing an Action on the opposing team moves out of any of his tackle zones for any reason".

So, without a dodge roll, a player has never officially left a field with a tackle zone. So, I go with then point that you CAN NOT shadow the follow up. A follow up never leaves a tackle zones as you don't have to do a dodge roll. Without a dodge roll, you have never left the tackle zone (see above!)
f_alk

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2010 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

On page 10 on follow up moves: "This move is free, and the player can ignore enemy tackle zones when he makes the move (i.e. he does not have to dodge to enter the square)".

So, follow up moves by the rules never cause dodge rolls and thus never cause a "leaving a tackle zone".

And it does make much more sense this way IMHO.
Prinz

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2010 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
On page 10 on follow up moves: "This move is free, and the player can ignore enemy tackle zones when he makes the move (i.e. he does not have to dodge to enter the square)".

So, follow up moves by the rules never cause dodge rolls and thus never cause a "leaving a tackle zone".

And it does make much more sense this way IMHO.

Case closed.

*bangs gavel*

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2010 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It only state that the moving player ignore the tackle zones, for all other players on the board, the tackle zones are still in effect, incl. the shadowing player.

Edit: Damn you grammar.

Last edited by cmelchior on %b %26, %2010 - %12:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Prinz

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2010 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

cmelchior wrote:
It only state that the moving player ignore the tackle zone, for all other players on the board, the tackle zone is still in effect, incl. the Shadowing player.

So I can also use DT?

Why would that sentence even be in there if it meant that the opposing player could then decide that it doesn't care of the player ignores tz's ?

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2010 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

How can you still try to ignore that the rule makers say you can use Shadowing on Follow Up Moves?

You confuse me with keeping this going on and on, but I quess you too are on vacation.
cmelchior

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2010 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The blocking player is not dodging (as pr. the rule referenced by f_alk), so Diving Tackle cannot be used.
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2010 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Prinz wrote:
cmelchior wrote:
It only state that the moving player ignore the tackle zone, for all other players on the board, the tackle zone is still in effect, incl. the Shadowing player.

So I can also use DT?

Why would that sentence even be in there if it meant that the opposing player could then decide that it doesn't care of the player ignores tz's ?

You can't use DT, because it is used on Dodges and on Follow Up Moves you don't need to dodge to leave a Tackle Zone.

Shadowing is specifically meantioned to work on all movement by the active player performing an Action where as DT works on Dodges only.
 Jump to: