51 coaches online • Server time: 21:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JFK

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2004 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont get why some people don't want to play-buskopanz-he is saying not now, and not only to me but to everybody who will askim for game, he said he want to win this T...This aint gona happen, but that now my problem, or ours....its just anoying that he wana play opp in order, what this mean i dont know, but i dont like it...i thought that we will play when someone have time, we dont like dwarfs but we have to play against them, not avoiding , but that is what he is doing.
Maybe i'm over reacting, if so, tell me.
PS
its not personal attack against Buskopanz, but i'm showing weaknest of that kind of T style, i think is bether to have rounds and playing opp in order...but i coudl be wrong.
JFK
Girl power
lol
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2004 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Eat My Greenz continued their campaign of unbeatableness last night, thumping the silly Wild Chlorophylls 2-1. They tried to beat on us like they were the Orcs instead of the Wood Elves, but it turns out that Chlorophyll is only a small part of what it is to be Green...

Eat My Greenz, they're good for ya! Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2004 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

JFK: The Infinity Open is an Open Round Robin event... therefore, tactically the timing of when you play people is important... the teams are going up in TR at different rates and hence as teams win more, they get better and whilst they move to the top of the table opponents are getting more difficult to find.

Therefore, the top teams will be in exile while the lesser lights fight for superiority and catch up... I knew this would happen and I think it brings to the fore the coaches tactic of pacing their run. That is why I am leaving the "deadline" of the end of the comp a secret and when I call "Last Week", coaches will be fighting each other to play.

Have patience, let every coach run his own race... this comp is not as easy as it appears...

Clay

PS - Twahn, luv the team theme... keep up the good work!
JFK

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe u are right, still i try to play everybody who wants to...
JFK

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think i will play soon T match, my girls isnt that strong....they dont make cas, they cant score, they cant pass....they dont do anything....maybe sometimes they will do somthing...maybe
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

LtMonkey1982 has unfortunately retired his side due to an inability to play games... because of that generosity, I have been able to promote Zeta Two and his "Cold Ones of Sweden" to the Infinity Open...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The Infinate Alliance 3 defeated the Athwart Grinders 0 last night in a fairly one sided match.

The highly rated and somewhat cocky Dwarves were well and truly thwarted by the efficient Alliance defence as all three Grinder drives were stopped before the halfway line.

By the late stages of the match, the match turned nasty with killing and maiming the intent of both parties. This was started principally as a result of the death of debutant halfling Biggles McWorthy of the Alliance.

Two touchdowns to Respen Calaudra of the Alliance was the highlight as the slow paced Grinders were simply overwhelmed.

With the ladies from the Catholic School taunting the Alliance from the sidelines, a match between the top team and the up and coming Alliance should not be too far away...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

LAST WEEK OF THE INFINITY OPEN

You have until Midday 29 February Blood Bowl Server Time to complete as many matches as you can before the Finals.

Please use the chat channell #InfinityOpen to find games!

If you wish to sign up for Season 2, please lodge your application at the Group Page
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A reminder as well that the Top 4 Teams will playoff for the Inaugural Infinity Open Championship... It will be 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd

Top 4 will be decided by points and then by TR and then by STR... at the moment, there is a tie for 4th place, so TR will come into it!
Gonzalillo

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to say I have enjoyed this league! and if there isn't any last time surprise, I will pass to playoffs Cool!! I just want to say how would be second season, I mean if i have to fire my running WE team or how will it work ???
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Gonzalillo: All current Infinity Open teams will be allowed to continue. The TR100 rule was only for setup of Season 1. I will also be reviewing coach participation and culling some of the numbers. I have received many applications for Season 2 from new teams, many of whom I know are dedicated fumbblers, so I will cull many of those who have either a) been inactive for a long time or b) have simply not played Infinity Open matches.

Secondly, in a most sporting gesture, the 4th placed Infinity Blondes played the 5th placed Xaviers Lads. Only one point seperated them and the Lads got up 2-1! This means that the Lads leapfrog into 3rd, and the poor old Blondes have dropped to 5th. Buskopanz was well within his rights to refuse the matchup, but a very sporting gesture on his part... congrats to Busko for that and congrats to Topper28 for winning.

There is still about 60hrs of competition left though, so if Buskopanz challenges you to a match, please oblige him!

And back onto Season 2, I am still undecided about the structure of Season 2. An Open works well in regard to drop outs etc, but it is clear that once a team considers itself out of the running, they stop playing matches.

I have a couple of options:

1: Allow all new teams to reapply with a TR that is around the average of what existing teams TR's are. So I could invite people to apply with TR's around 130 for example...

2: Play as is with new TR's at 100, but perhaps expand the number of teams in the playoffs to 8 to keep interest in the middle to lower ranked teams longer.

3: Play a divisionally structured comp with perhaps a Swiss style system (or not) and have some form of 1st Div, 2nd Div etc etc.

Please post your thoughts on your preferences for these options... personally I am currently leaning to Option 2...
Glutton

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Option 2 probably sounds the best to me also, I like how you dont get hung up waiting for match completions to enable your next game.....just wish I could scrape up more matches. Then again going by my form maybe missing out isnt a bad thing, hehe.
Kheldar1982

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel for option 2 also, cause I like the idea of playing when I have time. I like the one div style cause so there are more possible opponents in small divisions its possible that you are the onlyone from a different timezone so you will have no chance of playing. In the big division there will allways be some.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok..!! Here´s a new one for ya´ll!! I have been headhunting Masen for a couple of days now. Finally caught him Friday Night C.E.T. He agreed to play and we had one H**l of a game. With some of the best Blood Bowl moves ever seen. (Ask him,.....it was crazy!!) Anyways,.... I won the game by a horse hair and felt pretty good about my self until,........ Yes, Masen was actually the first coach I played in Infinity Open!!!!!!!! No points, no spp and no money!!!!! he may have been crying during the game,....but I was surely crying after!!!! Boohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Topper28

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

And a little remark to Clay. HM!!!, I am not sure I like the whole thing about allowing teams in late to the turney. It only gives advantages to lower ranked teams. (Such as yourself Clay) !! Hm,...please comment and give an explanation. Smile
 Jump to: